It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharply rising oil prices having widespread effects in U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sharply rising oil prices having widespread effects in U.S.

www.chicagotribune.com

Soaring gasoline prices are expected to remain painfully high, affecting nearly every aspect of the economy, from how much consumers pay for many goods to, in some cases, how much they earn.

Oil prices rose Monday to a 29-month high in New York as escalating violence in Libya bolstered concern that supply disruptions may spread. The price of a barrel of oil in the U.S. was more than $105, up 29 percent from a year ago.

Gas prices are following closely and are going to "continue to rise in the near term," said Beth Mosher, spokeswoman for AAA Chicago. But AAA isn't yet considering $5 g
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I suspect this will pretty much be the final nail in the proverbial coffin of the already barely breathing economy.

And I also suspect that this is by design, by both speculators, who use every little conflict or upheaval on the world stage to create false "panic" scenarios, and drive up the cost of oil and food as "commodities", as well as those involved in the oil industry themselves, by assisting in the faux shortages" of available supply. And, even ABOVE them, to the folks who are manipulating global events.

But with an already severely struggling average joe citizen just trying to make ends meet and survive, these vultures squeezing us ever tighter and bleeding us dry at the pumps and concurrently causing the price of FOOD to go up (through transport costs), this may be the straw which breaks the camels back.

Unbelievable that we are STILL using this outdated form of fuel, and being victimized by this endlessly greedy and pollutive system, which is helping to drive us all further into poverty. Sigh.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Funny, I always said that the destruction, and fall of civilization would be based around oil..Now that it's actually happening..I realize that was not a educated guess.. Unfortunately it was a fact..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As was seen in past "oil crises" the oil that was purchased (relatively) cheaply, and is in the pipeline, is being processed and the final product sold as if the higher price was paid.

The evil motherflickers.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
How much oil is there left, really?

Consider for example, that Saudi Arabia single handedly accounts for almost 20% of the world’s oil reserves. The details of how much is in each field is a state secret, but it claims to have 264 Trillion barrels. This is a little strange, since it reported that it had 262 Trillion barrels ten years ago, and 260 in 1989. Saudi Arabia has pumped around 8 million barrels of oil a day for twenty years, but its proven oil reserves have gone up rather than down.....

The Real Story...

makewealthhistory.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
No gas no problem:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yea, gas is going up sucks, what ya gonna do. No one can do anything bout it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
so basically...US government wants to invade and occupy LIbya, even though we dont get that much oil from them, just so oil prices can stay high? DEF sounds like a conspiracy!
i mean cmon! US didint want to invade Israel 2/3 years ago, the human rights abuse they caused, let alone tanks running over babys n humans, nor invade north korea. to me, its a prime example of control of oil* and we the legal citizens and registered intot he system, taxpayers suffer.
i hope mobilexxon goes bankrupt. dont buy mobil gas or oil* they wanna hurt us, hurt em back* in their pockets. mobil was actually a vey good oil company untill the CEO's of exxon got ahold of them. thats a fact!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
isn't it ironic that is was oil that started the 'world' economy...oil that rules the world economy, and oil that will eventually plummet the world into chaos - both economically and politically.

EVERYONE knows that wars that the west are involved in are to do with oil, but it is never addressed in the msm..

Sadly this situation will only get worse and worse over time, I fear for our children and grandchildren - what sort of world will they inherit? I can hardly bare to think about it

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
How much oil is there left, really?

Consider for example, that Saudi Arabia single handedly accounts for almost 20% of the world’s oil reserves. The details of how much is in each field is a state secret, but it claims to have 264 Trillion barrels. This is a little strange, since it reported that it had 262 Trillion barrels ten years ago, and 260 in 1989. Saudi Arabia has pumped around 8 million barrels of oil a day for twenty years, but its proven oil reserves have gone up rather than down.....

The Real Story...

makewealthhistory.org...

I have read that many "depleted" wells, after some (relatively) brief time, fill up and produce again. This suggests that there is a supply even deeper than we're tapping at the surface. A HUGE supply.

Be that as it may, oil is poison. We must be rid of it. If we extract from the plenum (zero point energy/"dark" energy/etc.), not only can we eliminate the use of this toxic substance, but also eliminate the need for money - as money is just the accounting of energy expended. With the infinite plenum energy, that effectively brings infinite money, which has no social application.

But we must have a social structure in place. I offer such a structure (as well as an analysis of the effects of adding plenum energy) in The End of Entropy (foundational piece) and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform, linked in my sig.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
isn't it ironic that is was oil that started the 'world' economy...oil that rules the world economy, and oil that will eventually plummet the world into chaos - both economically and politically.

EVERYONE knows that wars that the west are involved in are to do with oil, but it is never addressed in the msm..

Sadly this situation will only get worse and worse over time, I fear for our children and grandchildren - what sort of world will they inherit? I can hardly bare to think about it

Let's take this planet, get rid of money and oil, and build a world that uplifts our children. See my post above.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

A nice idea, although sadly the worlds future will always be in the hands of the rich and powerful - who only have one goal...to be more rich and powerful.

We are slaves to mega corporations, and sleepwalk through life just accepting it. so sad, but until there is some kind of global uprising against the elite, nothing will ever change.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

professional! liked yuor input man
have you ever heard of bobistheoilguy.com? think youde love it their! everything almost, you ever wanted to know about oil, gasoline, additives, ect ect..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
reply to post by Amaterasu

A nice idea, although sadly the worlds future will always be in the hands of the rich and powerful - who only have one goal...to be more rich and powerful.

We are slaves to mega corporations, and sleepwalk through life just accepting it. so sad, but until there is some kind of global uprising against the elite, nothing will ever change.

Not if enough of us are thinking in terms of an abundance paradigm. If the ideas reach the tipping point, it will be downhill to a better, cleaner, freer, happier, more fulfilling planet for everyone.

The only obstacle is spreading the word. That is why I persist in popping into threads to offer the ideas. If I do nothing, I cannot live with myself. I will have failed to do all I can to affect the changes to a better place for all of Us.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, seeing as we cant do anything about this and most of us will continue to use our vehicles, here is a link to some info on how some simple steps can save you a third on your gas.

It's possible to cut your annual petrol/diesel bill by a third, saving £100s. Yet most fuel costs go in tax as a deliberate result of Govt. enviromental and anti-congestion policies, so it takes more than finding the cheapest forecourt. It’s about pain-free, speedy ways to make your car and driving more efficient, and making sure you pay the right way.

www.moneysavingexpert.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Well, seeing as we cant do anything about this ...

But we CAN. Spread the ideas I offer in the pieces linked in my sig. If we do not, we will end up RFIDed cattle, herded about in CAFO-like conditions as Human property, living in the filth of pollution and enslaved.

Time is running out. The sooner we do something (spread the ideas) the sooner we will achieve heaven here - and avert Their efforts to bring Humanity to its knees. Wait too long, and we will have nothing to work with.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What"s the fuzz about?
Afraid for alternatives?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thier doing a good job of bleeding what left of our economy. OPEC should be doing what we say we created them. If these price keep going up the markets probobly going to bomb like it did in 2008 when gas reached $5 a gallon.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The world's going to hell in a hand-basket and its not because we lack resources, the technology, or the means to make it right - its all because of GREED displayed by an immoral minority. Too bad they will have no world left to speak of in which they will be able to enjoy their ill-gotten gains once their plans are complete...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
The world's going to hell in a hand-basket and its not because we lack resources, the technology, or the means to make it right - its all because of GREED displayed by an immoral minority. Too bad they will have no world left to speak of in which they will be able to enjoy their ill-gotten gains once their plans are complete...

Depends on who "we" is. We - the Humans on the street - do not have the resources, tech, or means to do anything but spread the word that, together We can just go a different direction. If, by "we" you mean Beings on this planet...

The only resources we're (told we are) running out of are related to energy, and with the plenum energy (zero point/"dark"/etc. energy) those resources are moot. The technology is there - either in military applications or hidden/suppressed. The means, however is the Interweb.

With any luck They will not destroy this planet before enough people come to realize we can take this ship in a whole different direction.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The squeeze is on! I am having a hard time believing that this abrupt surge in oil prices is tied to the Libyan unrest. It seems bigger than that, and it is just another nail in the coffin to an economy that is being held together with bubble gum and rubber bands. To make matters worse, there seems to be unrest brewing in Saudi Arabia. If the commotion continues, it will be terrible for not only the US economy but the global economy as well.

Oil shock: unrest in Saudia Arabia 'worse case scenario'

Bob Gray, Managing Director of Exploration and Production at Simmons & Company International, one of the most respected oil banking companies in the world, told Channel 4 News that unrest in Saudi Arabia was a huge risk for the global economy.

"For the global economic situation, if there is a major political uprising in Saudi Arabia, that's just about as bad as it could be," he said.

Things seem to be coming to a head. If there is an NWO, it seems the cards are falling into place for one big showdown in the Middle East? The unrest is spreading like one big wildfire. Take away someone's ability to be mobile or take food out of their kid's mouths, and things are bound to get nasty. Is another global conflict brewing as result of all of this commotion in the Middle East and elsewhere?

edit on 8-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join