It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700 Year Old Ming Dynasty Mummy Found by Chinese Road Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk... These incredible pictures show a 700-year-old mummy, which was discovered by chance - by road workers - in excellent condition in eastern China. The corpse of the high-ranking woman believed to be from the Ming Dynasty - the ruling power in China between 1368 and 1644 - was stumbled across by a team who were looking to expand a street...

Really incredible, it's amazing what people stumble upon

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
ok, thats very cool. its not often some that well preserved come up.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Great! S&F

I wonder what the brown liquid that preserved her was

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I wonder if the liquid was brown 700 years ago
and I must say, she looks far better than Egyptian mummies tend to. Great embalming work, no matter what it was they had her submerged in. I'll keep an eye out for more info if it becomes available.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: Editorium

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Demiwatt

To be fair to the Egyptian mummies they've been dead a lot longer! Whatever the liquid was it preserved her clothing too which is interesting.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Great! S&F

Hot and sour soup.

Just a guess

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Great! S&F

Hot and sour soup.

Just a guess

I need to start eating more of that then!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

We could go into business, you and I, although marketing this stuff could be a real challenge.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Demiwatt

lol we'd need to find out what it was first! There'll be a market for it, there's a market for just about everything

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Good find! She looks like she is just sleeping and that's amazing for being 700 years old..I read an article years ago that the brown liquid used to preserve bodies back in the Ming Dynasty was mercury and some other stuff like herbs..~~cookie

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Good find! She looks like she is just sleeping and that's amazing for being 700 years old..I read an article years ago that the brown liquid used to preserve bodies back in the Ming Dynasty was mercury and some other stuff like herbs..~~cookie

How would a mercury herb mix end up as a clear brown liquid?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

How would a mercury herb mix end up as a clear brown liquid?

Lady Dai
Central China
She's been called the best-preserved mummy in the world. When unearthed in 1971, her flesh body was still supple, and her veins contained type-A blood. What accounts for her conservation? Some researchers point to her airtight coffin. Like a Russian doll, her coffin lay nested in a series of six caskets, and the entire burial chamber, with over 1,000 Han Dynasty artifacts, was encased in charcoal and clay 50 feet underground. Other scientists suspect that a mercury bath after death was her ticket to immortality.

Sorry i thought she was the one they found laying in the mercury but it was a bath after death..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Ah! lol I don't know a lot about chemistry so I wasn't sure if there was some bizarre process that turned the mercury into clear brown liquid
I did watch a documentary about Lady Dai but it was a long time ago, doing some googling now (gotta love the internet!)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Well i should have used Mr google before i let my fingers go wild on the keyboard the first time. all i could remember was Dynasty,mummy and mercury..silly me

top topics

join