It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoners Help Build Patriot Missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Prisoners Help Build Patriot Missiles

www.wired.com

The missiles are then marketed worldwide — sometimes by Washington’s top officials. Last year, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates pitched the Patriots to the Turkish government last year, a diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks reveals: “SecDef stressed that ‘nothing can compete with the PAC-3 when it comes to capabilities.’”

Patriot assemblers Raytheon and Lockheed Martin aren’t the only defense contractors relying on prison help. As Rohrlich notes, Unicor “inmates also make cable assemblies for the McDonnell Douglas/Boeing F-15, the General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So is this country turning into a Nazi Germany war machine. We now force prison labor to make missles to start wars around the world and also sell those missles to allies for profit to fund more wars around the world. WTF?

When did this country go so far in the other direction. This has nothing to do with Arabs hiding in a cave its more like world domination and any means to get there.

www.wired.com

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I do think this is pretty messed up, however you have no evidence that the prisoners are forced to build them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Pretty sick indeed. I wonder how many people working on these missles are in there for non-violent offenses. Not that it should matter anyways, prisoners shouldn't be building missles. Pretty crazy world we live in.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This reminds me of Lord of War.
www.imdb.com...
Theres a movie preview on the link.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Pretty sick indeed. I wonder how many people working on these missles are in there for non-violent offenses. Not that it should matter anyways, prisoners shouldn't be building missles. Pretty crazy world we live in.

I've seen a LOT sicker things in my time...

I'm not too worried about this...

I don't like the idea of being the worlds weapons dealer... but that's something altogether different from who builds 'em.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

When did this country go so far in the other direction. This has nothing to do with Arabs hiding in a cave its more like world domination and any means to get there.

www.wired.com

This country has always gone in the opposite direction "of the words we use", the actions and the words are 2 different things.

-Liberating a country sounds good, but it's actions are shooting anyone they deem an insurgent/terrrorist.

-Police protection sounds good, but it's actions are to protect the corporate interests and to enforce policies, not the citizens'. The purpose of policing the people has been extremely warped and distorted slowly over decades.

-TSA security sounds like a needed ideal, but it's actions are to condition us to have less privacy and more gov't intervention based on HYPOTHETICAL scenarios.

-Our troops are protecting America's freedoms... for real? Was Iraq such a threat to us?

-Lawmakers make new laws to protect the citizens, sounds logical but it's actions are criminalizing all human behaviors and actions, which will eventually land us all in prison for at least a short stay, and we will be doing cheap labor like this for the private interests.

This is backwards world, knowing this is the reality helps you translate their propaganda 'words' into realistic 'actions', and as long as the TV & fluoride is still flowing strong, I see no end in site.

link   
Double post, slow internet today... anyone else having a slow internet day?
edit on 8-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

link   
Prisoners are no longer making army helmets because of shoddy quality, but they are still making missile components?

link   
edit on 8-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Actually prisoners want to do these things. It gives them something to do,pays them a little for commissary and teaches them new skills for when they are released. I know, my brother worked a job like this when he was in and enjoyed it. He was glad to have it,the money and the distraction,plus it saves your country alot of money.

There is another side to this story. The prisoners are not forced to do these jobs and they actually compete for openings in these programs.
edit on 3/8/11 by nickoli because: sp

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Ok at least they get payed for it. I though it was just slave labor.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
23 cents an hour. Not a slave? And the prison system works with a gain time reward system. You do what they tell you and you get gain time which means you get time off for good behavior. You refuse they take all the gain time they gave you away and you serve max sentence. You have no choice in prison where you go or what work program you get put on. They will ask you and see if something is availible at the moment but if not tough luck put in a request form. And the government is not the ones who get profits from these weapons it is the weapons manufacturer. The government just restricts sales.
edit on 8-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
On the one hand the inmates get trained to do something and make a "tiny bit" of money.
And it's a good thing because they are probably more motivated to go out and do something when they get out of prison besides going back to being a criminal.

On the other hand these guys are getting paid like 3rd world child workers in a Nike Factory.

They should be getting a competative wage that's kept for them or that money should be used to pay for their incarceration.

Either way the public gets screwed again.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wrong you dont HAVE to do the work should you chose not to. The chain gang laws have been overturned in many states it does vary from state to state. I dont agree with alot of what goes on in prison or the time given for some crimes but its a case by case basis.

If you were in would you chose to do a little work to get time knocked off and a little money and a break from your cell? Sure you would. So would I. I am just stating what I know in my brothers case,he was glad to have it. Alot of these prisoners get zero dollars from home to buy the little things that are available to them,they leap at the chance to make a little money.

I bet if you researched it a little further the prison makes more than .23 per hr and the profits are used to offset the costs of operating the system and paying the guards salaries.

In the end this saves the taxpayer money any way you slice it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
wow! i see chaingang employment is still around. wow. i dont htink its a good idea, for inmates to make bombs n rockets ya know! i can undertand paying them money, reasonably* this makes me think slavery is still around..like it wa in the 1800's, its multi racial i assume* thats todays global market, from outsourcing. big corporate business saves mucho $$$ form cheap employment. dosnt help the economy at all. hard ot have money circulation if the system isnt paying you a reasonable amount to afford things* in or out of prison.
prisoners we are, and the way the system is going, corporate america..slaved one day too..unless we stand up fight and revolt. thats my train of thought..no one will get anywhere, unless you exercise and fight for your rights and freedom jsut as every class in the country has done.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Prison industries are a huge business, more so now with prisons being privatized, it's a big for-profit money grab. No wonder judges love handing out time like it's candy. Prison industries need all the slave labor it can get. Europe considers a sentence of more than 3 years to be a "life sentence", in America we hand out 10 years to first-time offenders for a small amount of crack (and we all know the CIA's involvement in ensuring crack/coc aine finds it's way into American cities).

America is also the world's leading exporter of arms, in fact it's one of our biggest trades, gotta love selling those advanced fighter jets to countries we may one day be at war with, but that's all the more reason to keep pumping trillions into the defense industries so they can keep making more advanced fighter jets to combat the ones they sold earlier. American tax-payers fuel the scam, the rest of the world is on the hook for it, and the globalist elite squatting in Washington who run this scheme laugh all the way to the bank.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So taxpayers build the prisons, taxpayers pay for the housing per inmate, medical and such, taxpayers pay for majority of prisoners legal defense, before trial and convictions, taxpayers pay for retainers to allow inmates appeal process, and they have 20,000 inmates working from 70 prisons for Unicor and other defense contractors, I see Unicors profit by article link, what about Raytheon and McDonald profits on taxpayers dime? Is the manufacturing set up on prison grounds to avoid paying property taxes for these scumbags? Sorry, I'm trying to wrap my head around this deep rabbit hole, and the cost is rising yearly to house these prisoners, something stinks here. I like to see what states are participating in raping the taxpayers for these corporate scumbags to profit. Also, how many patriot missiles are sold yearly at 5.9 million dollars apiece?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Found a pdf from Unicor listing some of the contracts with the DOD. Seems it is a billion dollar a year industry and most seems to be DOD.

www.unicor.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And I see no body wants there name tied to the DOD side of things.

www.unicor.gov...

Board of Directors
Meetings
The next meeting of the FPI Board of Directors will be determined at a later date.

Contacting FPI’s Board of Directors in Writing
Pursuant to Part 302 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), entitled "Comments on UNICOR Business Operations," any interested person having any comment concerning the business operations of FPI may write to the Chief Operating Officer of UNICOR, or to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of UNICOR, and bring such matters to the attention of either or both officials. Section (b) provides that such requests should be sent to UNICOR’s address, 320 First Street, Washington D.C. 20534, with the notation "Attn: Comment Procedures."

Persons may write to individual Board members directly, at their respective business addresses, as provided below:

David D. Spears, Chairman
(Represents Agriculture)
2627 KFB Plaza
Manhattan, Kansas 66503

Donald R. Elliott, Vice Chairman
(Represents Industry)
221 Penn Avenue
Suite 3000
Wilkinsburg, PA 15221

Audrey J. Roberts, Member
(Represents Retailers and Consumers)
Post Office Box 14
Martin, Tennessee 38237

Vacant
(Represents the Secretary of Defense)

Frank Gale
(Represents Labor)
National Sergeant-At-Arms, Fraternal Order of Police
2701 West 84th Avenue Suite #211
Westminster, Colorado 80031

Lee Lofthus
(Represents the Attorney General)
Assistant Attorney General for Administration
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530

Vacant
(Represents the Secretary of Defense)

I guess the board members are appointed by the president?

www.unicor.gov...

1. Who oversees and operates Federal Prison Industries?
Federal Prison Industries is governed by a six-member Board of Directors. The members are appointed by the President and, by statute, represent Industry, Labor, Retailers and Consumers, Agriculture, the Secretary of Defense, and the Attorney General.

Something smells fishy the President appoints the board members who run this prisoners building bombs for the DOD program.
edit on 8-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join