It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People need to stop working for a couple of months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
TAX TAX TAX In Britain We are getting TAXED to DEATH On EVERTHING YOU NAME IT WERE Taxed On it. The only way to stop this is to stop working and stop paying Tax and VAT all together. Put Two fingers up to the Goverments and say were not going to pay anymore.

If you have money to buy a couple mounths food That should do it. I know its proble impossible for most people mmm God Dam it.

This is a tough one How about Go to work But dont spend any of your money only food is needed.

Petrol up again £1,38 per lter FFS. The Goverment should have there Balls Cut off. Gready BAS******* about 70% TAX.
What Can we Do Really.

A loaf of bread for some is over £2

I think its time to Kick ass were needed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I feel you friend.
Down with Illuminati!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
would be nice if people did what you propose, but doubtful. But it is inevitable that a powerful country will fall which will most likely collapse the rest with it. The question is what kind of chaos are you asking for?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with a little controlled chaos..Sometimes I think to myself that is exactly what we need..And you know the funny thing about chaos?. It's fair..Everyone has a equal chance..Everyone has a equal say..
..I like your thinking op..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Questions come:

How will the roads be paved with no taxes?
How will your NHS continue to operate?
How will pensions be paid?
How will schools operate?

So, what your saying is because you don't like the taxes, you want to return to survival of the fittest stone age then?

You realize taxes aren't paid just to make a few chaps wealthy, its to support a rather wide array of social programs, like welfare, medical, roadworks, etc etc etc.

If you think spending needs to be cut back or eliminated on some areas...sure...which specifically though? Should medical be allowed only for those whom prepay and everyone else can simply be british and die quietly? Should roadworks stop being paid and everyone simply buy a dune buggy? etc.

the UK is known around the world as a good civilization to exist in...highly educated people, really got alot of good things going for them. Taxes are indeed very high, disposable income is hard to come by for the average joe, however, most of your needs are provided for anyhow, so your work for good food and nice clothes overall (dammit, I need 3 televisions in my bottom floor!).

Its not perfect, but the "solution" your offering seems to be more like...because your shoes are uncomfortable, you should cut off your foot verses try to fix the shoe.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
wow i feel so ahead of my times, since i have cfs and havent worked for about 2 years and have a serious case of kleptomania. now i can finally say i am a morally good person

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeh! Take some time off and spend it with those you love most. Get up when you want to. Take long walks. Meditate. Take a nap when ever you feel like it. Raise your own food. Raise some chickens and have fresh, organic eggs all the time. Bake your own bread. It's fun to do and you know what's in it. Be at peace & be free!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
hey pal
the thing is this sorta thing would put a huge dent in econemy as well think about it no speanding peoples would lose jobs as well becaus of this un sold food would spoil... small price to pay

And and ... i think it is posibal to at lweaset get the idea out ther evan if to the point wher ppl talked about it and said "oh thats absurd" at least from ther ther you a chance to change some minds ya know dont let your self be beaten by them before you evan finish your thread -peace jplaysguitar

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Taxes pay for roads and other social institutions, wow what have you been smoking at least here in the US, taxes go to WAR and big businesses. It goes to paying for subsidising and tons of other nonsense. Get rid of the nonsense is what I think the guy would be happy with.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Questions come:

Do millionairs lose all the millions or can they live off the intrest? Yes they still pay taxes but are able to live a life? If a country was a millionair could it not do the same?
People are pointing out there is a better way to live not the way dictated to them without proxy, the system was crupt before it started, the cruption has gotten out of hand. It's unfixable needs to be wipe and restarted again?
Fair is valid from either side of the fence

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

We've already paved (OK, tarmac) the roads, and we pay about $400 every year called laughingly 'Road Fund Licence', for the privilege of using the bloody things, which are full of potholes everywhere and are getting in a worse state each week that goes by.

The same way it has always operated. Funded by the public at a rate of 11%-12% deducted from wages or benefits.

Same as the NHS is paid for.

Bit of a sore point this one. Schools were meant to be getting repaired/upgraded all around the country. The people have paid for it, the money was set aside...only for all the building and repair works to be cancelled because the children can make do without school buildings that don't leak or have the correct equipment, but the banks cannot be expected to do without their millions in bonuses (for making a loss no less!), so the money was snatched from the kids and given to the absolute thieving bankers.

most of your needs are provided for anyhow, so your work for good food and nice clothes overall

You can't be serious!

What..you think the government just reaches into 'it's' pockets and gives hand outs from...nowhere do you? Where do you think the money comes from in the first place? Not the government is a clue.

The UK is a corporation. In business to make a profit. Which it does, mainly in the financial sector now that manufacturing and mining is dead and buried here. Considering every citizen 'joins the company' when they are born, we have a stake in the corporation of the UK...they can simply use my profit dividend (that none of us EVER see) to pay for my keep.

I say, great idea for bit of direct, non violent action OP...i'm with ya!

edit on 8/3/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Stop working. Yeah. Quit your job. Good idea. Then you can go on the dole and have the government support you by raising taxes on the rest of us to pay for it. Isn't that part of what's wrong already? Too many people living at government/taxpayer expense?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The roads are allready paved mate hello.

The Goverment Stoll all the Pensions

If you want Brainwashed go to school and do what your told. Stand up strate. what is it with you and road works.

Got A Big Car?

Im not saying do it forever A few months Just to bring the price of EVERTHING DOWN.

Most of our money we pay in taxes goes to the Millitary. Sack the millitary all of them. and sell off all millitary equipment. that should make a few billion then give it back to the people, hows that and mabe we will be able to buy some petrol to get about. for a few weeks.

I think the Goverment should give every person over the age of 16 at least £50 0000 just to get a start in Life.

with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

By 'Government' I assume you mean
the Board of Directors of United Kingdom Ltd ?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

And you think it's bad now? Just wait a little longer when your goverment brings in the extra taxes and inflation on top of what their already doing now.. Best advise I can give you right now is LEAVE.. Consider your long term options and emigrate to a country outside Europe before they put heavy restrictions even on that.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

I think the Goverment should give every person over the age of 16 at least £50 0000 just to get a start in Life.

That's not too far from what i think should happen too.

But, i say every citizen upon reaching age 16 should be given £1.5 Million each..and that's it..no benefits, no NHS, no free school/Uni, no state pension etc. etc.

If you blow it, tough luck - you're on your own and you get nothing more from the people, because THAT's where the money comes from, the government hasn't got any money, they never have had any...it's all OURS and always has been.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

Its a good idea BUT Ever one can't run mate Stand Tall be counted Why run Not ever one has money nowadays they struggle to get food never mind anything else.

I know theres increases next month God dam it. still

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Exactly.

Too many people fall prey to the Aneristic Illusion which is Apparent Order, or the Eristic Illusion which is Apparent Disorder, when everything is Apparent Chaos.

Chaos manifests itself either through Constructive Order, Constructive Disorder, Destructive Order, or Destructive Disorder. Destructive Order is just as negative as Destructive Disorder, while Constructive Disorder is just as positive as Constructive Order.

Just looking at nature you can see this to be self evident. While there is a certain regard to "sacredness" in plants through aspects of geo(Earth)metry, there are no laws governing where they choose to drop their seeds, no predestined pattern to the way their leaves/petals sway in the wind... & the wheel just keeps on turning.
edit on 8/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes, everyone please quit your jobs.

Then I will take advantage of the work shortage to benefit financially....I know...I'm part of the problem

The Unemployed will also jump at the chance to take your job from you as well...I'm sure they won't mind paying taxes as long as they now have money to buy food for themselves and their families.

I love how these plans are never very well thought out.

top topics

join