It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Fish Kill in California- Billions of Dead Fish!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Yeah I saw that, honestly, that scares the crap outta me! Not because I'm a bible thumper but I have never heard of that before, let alone twice in a week and a half. Amidst all the quakes and other stuff going on, it is panning out to resemble many end-times prophecies.

Thanks
HK45

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Not the best site, but the info is correct, Looks like their is a thread for Australia here also.
The Australia is more puzzling with amount of different species. Could both fish kills be linked?
I don't know. I have witnessed smelt(a sardine) beach themeselves in New Jersery over the years while surf fishing. Schools of Blues chased them right onto the beach and it looks like a fishkill to those that haven't seen it.
Could that have been the California cause? I would think that some fisherman would have witnessed it.
I'm leaning against it. If storms pushed them into the harbor, I would think that this occurance has happened before in that area that would colloborate their explanation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Link

March 14, 2011 – SAN DIEGO, Ca - An Azeri scientist has linked the recent incident of California’s mass fish death to the earthquake in Japan. “Animals, they feel everything. They run away from earthquakes however they can,” Gurban Jalal Etirmishli, the general director of the Azerbijan Science Academy's Republican Center for Seismology, told Life News, a Russian tabloid.

More than a million sardines washed up on California's Redondo Beach last week. Scientists say they suffered from a lack of oxygen, but some reports have said they were found to have high toxin levels.

"During the first underground movements on March 8, toxic gases and even radiation could have oozed out, becoming a reason for the death of the fish," Etirmishli said. "If, in the near future, a similar thing happens, it can be a sign of a coming earthquake."

Etirmishli offered absolutely no proof for his theory, but noted that more than 100 whales washed up on New Zealand's shore days ahead of its deadly earthquake. His comments to the tabloid came after an Azeri scientist, Ikram Kerimov, published an open letter in local press putting forth the theory.

"Certain ranges of acoustic waves in the marine environment, caused by movements ahead of a big earthquake, are disastrous for marine animals, from which they die or throw themselves onshore," Kerimov wrote.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Look how far away this seemingly insignificant quake is from Redondo beach....

* Earthquakes
* Hazards
* Learn
* Prepare
* Monitoring
* Research

Magnitude 2.7 - GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
2011 March 15 17:25:23 UTC

* Details
* Maps
* Scientific & Technical

Earthquake Details

* This is a computer-generated message -- this event has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 2.7
Date-Time

* Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 17:25:23 UTC
* Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:25:23 AM at epicenter

Location 33.853°N, 118.336°W
Depth 17.8 km (11.1 miles)
Region GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances

* 2 km (1 miles) NNE (14°) from Torrance, CA
* 4 km (2 miles) E (95°) from Redondo Beach, CA
* 4 km (2 miles) SSE (156°) from Lawndale, CA
* 24 km (15 miles) SSW (200°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.9 km (0.6 miles); depth +/- 1.2 km (0.7 miles)
Parameters Nph= 43, Dmin=2 km, Rmss=0.5 sec, Gp=101°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=2
Source

* California Integrated Seismic Net:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Let me say something. The fish did not wash up on a beach. King Harbor is a large enclosed break water.

If the fish got disoriented from a predator or high winds pushing the tide to the opening of the break water - - the fish would have been trapped.

There was very high winds at the time this happened.

Personally I'd call it a "Perfect Storm" - - - a timing of natural events coming together.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
reply to post by Antoniastar

You make some good points Antonistar..

What will be the next excuse for what will be precieved as the result of whats has taken place in Japen?. Air and Water will continue to be more toxic...

This will be to some extent controlled as well by MSN
Currents will continue to flow.

Be Wise, Be Well..

Jesse
edit on 12-3-2011 by jessemole because: I just had a Beer!

Hi Jesse,

Thanks! And you too make some good points as well.

The mainstream media does what it's told. As I'm sure you're aware of. And the people that control the MSM do what they're told. By me, I'm the Queen of it all. LOL Just kidding.

More repetition anyone? "Move along, there's nothing to see here folks. Everything's under control. Go shopping. Obey. Stay asleep." Who said that?

Toxicity is one of those ideal excuses that makes sense.

I'm no one to come to for environmental issues so please check the facts yourself (always recommended) but, being born and raised in Southern California, I can imagine that toxins could very well find their way into the Pacific Ocean. There are lots of people packed into compact areas. Heck, I lived in one city and walked like 6 blocks to school and I was in another city. lol That's the norm over there.

So my point is, with today's pollution problems, toxins are likely to be found in all sorts of sealife.

I'm drinking kelp tea right now. How do I know if there aren't toxins in the kelp that I bought from the local grocery store? I could test it, but I haven't. How many people test everything they purchase from grocery stores? Seriously. I don't know and have never known anyone, to my knowledge, that does that. Do you perform a test on every bottle/can/jug of beer that you down? Probably not right?

Okay now what if there are toxins in the sardines? So what. Good, now we know. Someone tested the sardines. Great. Oooooo and now they're gonna market that fish kill.

So anything new goin on with you?

What if, besides toxins, the sardines, and other sealife, land animals, birds, bees and even Humans are being poisoned by carbon dioxide/Methane gas? Shut up no way.

Ya know, earlier, I ran into a superb post by an ATSer name UtahRoseBud. Please take a few seconds of your time to read the following...

reply posted on 15-3-2011 @ 10:00 PM by UtahRosebud
Alright, as per Robin's request, I am posting/sharing a post I made in another thread here on ATS. That other thread, to be specific is here:

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

Now here is my post from that thread:

TA ... I just discovered something that has me seriously on edge. I know this thread is about Japan and the potential for another disasterous earthquake, but I feel there is a connection here, with my discovery. Adding to that, I really value your research and opinions. So please allow me to share and please provide back any and all feedback, including thoughts, instincts, etc.

Ok... we know that with this Japan megaquake, along with the ridiculous amount of aftershocks, the subducting of tectonics plates is in full force here. Science backs that up as well.

Subduction zones is the key here in what I just researched and discovered.

I've been reading a lot lately about "mud volcanos". I really didn't understand them so I did some research.

Wikipedia Source

The terms mud volcano or mud dome are used to refer to formations created by geo-excreted liquids and gases, although there are several different processes which may cause such activity. Hot water mixes with mud and surface deposits. Mud volcanoes are associated with subduction zones and about 700 have been identified. Temperatures are much cooler in these processes than found at igneous volcanoes. The largest mud volcano structures are 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) in diameter and reach 700 metres (2,300 ft) in height.

So I continue reading down the page and hit the location areas of the known mud volcanos. This is where my jaw dropped and hit the floor.

An unnamed mud volcano 30 metres (98 ft) high and with a top about 100 metres (328 ft) wide, 24 kilometres (15 mi) off Redondo Beach, California, and 800 metres (2,620 ft) under the surface of the Pacific Ocean.

Remember the "millions of dead fish" last week? Tuesday, March 8, 2011 to be exact? That all happened right there, in Redondo Beach!!!!!!!!

L.A. Times - Millions Of Dead Fish

Obviously, all of these fish died right over the subduction zone. We all know what happened in Japan 3 days later. But now I'm wondering if California is going to be struck next. And if so, how soon???

Now to add to that, as Robin asked for more information on the 2005 eruption of the Azerbaijan mud volcanoes, here is some info for you:

Azerbaijan and its Caspian coastline are home to nearly 400 mud volcanoes, more than half the total throughout the continents. In 2001, one mud volcano 15 kilometres (9 mi) from Baku made world headlines when it suddenly started ejecting flames 15 metres (49 ft) high.

In Azerbaijan, eruptions are driven from a deep mud reservoir which is connected to the surface even during dormant periods, when seeping water still shows a deep origin. Seeps have temperatures up to 2 °C (3.6 °F) - 3 °C (5.4 °F) above the ambient temperature.

Wikipedia Source

Here is an article from the USGS about mud volcanoes:

USGS - The Dirty Truth About Mud Volcanoes

And here is an article about the correlations between earthquakes and large mud volcanos. From the Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics at UCSD:

University of California at San Diego Article

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, this vid is a good example of what happens when people and animals come into contact with Methane gas.

*May the sardines rest in peace*

edit on 16-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: I forgot to add the vid info.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: of a typo

edit on 16-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: of another typo.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: cuz it's not 'fill kill' it's 'fish kill'. lol!

edit on 16-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: so many typos, so little time. : /

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join