It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK tried to stop worldwide UFO Investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My theories are a bit similar to Yeahright's, although a little bit more extremist in nature.

I suspect that TPTB are indeed trying to keep the population under control, you know, lambs to the slaughter. If such a population was aware of the existence of such a 'Galactic Federation', this would loosen the grip that "they" have on us, as we would be aware of another entire galactic civilization laid out before us, and thus, freedom.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Why would the UK be so worried about a UN Panel for the Investigation for UFOs???

Sounds to me like one of two things, either the UK was worried about the discovery of spy craft being used or they have some form of involvement with UFO's that they did not want to be discovered.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The poster 'YeahRight' makes some good valid points.

The silence of non-disclosure and non-admittance of anything is from a governmental and military perspective the correct stance to take. To clarify the point I need to make a couple of preambles.

Reagan gave the speech in which he suggested how all countries would come together to form a kind of global alliance to face 'an alien threat from outside this world'. Of course, 'the alien threat' wasn't just an allusion to alien intelligence's, but also asteroids or comet impacts. The thing is, though, we don't have or live in a world where the sentiment to form a global alliance exists, no matter how much we believe it to be logical that we would come together to face such a threat. Reagan and Gorbachev became good friend, they were both in their ways...good leaders, the kind that today's world does not have. It was a different mindset back then. One that was more congenial and amicable to reduce the threat of nuclear self-annihilation.

The point being made here is that today's world is more fraught with argumentative insularity, and carries a real threat of inexperienced leadership absent of statesmanship and state-craft. Our world today is becoming more politically dysfunctional and distrusting, and that has or is making our societies very fragile and brittle. Distrust and competing ideologies have oozed like pus out of the social fractures that have widened over the last few decades. Differences between us, whether racial or sexual, have been joined by ideological schisms to make the world more tense and stressful, as all aspects of difference are weaponized to score points over one another. We seek to be more 'righteous' than others through our points of view.

Non-disclosure would be seen as to maintain a balance with your perceived enemy. If it was to be disclosed by the US government that they are in some form of diplomatic cooperation with an advanced extraterrestrial species, how do you think the enemies of America would react? How would America react if Russia were to disclose something similar? How would the relations change, and what would either country do to counteract it? Disclosure could not be a simple...'Oh by the way, we are being visited by intelligent species from outer space'. Such a disclosure would open up a real messy can-of-worms if it were handled in a bad way. Disclosure has to be equitable across the globe, or it will be quite destabilising.

For myself, personally, disclosure would not affect me in too great a way. I believe I could handle it and integrate the fact within my experience, but there are many who could not. I would feel elevated, vindicated, slightly disturbed and unsure about things, but for the many who could not handle it, one wonders what they would do, how they would react, etc?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The real question I have to all those interested in this topic and thread is this...now that you know the organised Global Suppression is real....when would you all like to begin you apologies to the Abductees who have been treated like #e for decades.....and when would you like to begin asking relevant questions?

Because now without a doubt we know who really has all the answers and it isn't the Government the Military or Private Humanitarian Pirates......

www.bing.com...
edit on 17-2-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join