It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK tried to stop worldwide UFO Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Excellent, I find the way you convey information very easy to get a grasp on, and thank you for that.

This does of course leave open the possibility that other events that have undeniably occured on the world stage have to be blamed on somebody, if only to provide the illusion of some sort of control over the situation on the government's part. I will leave you to imagine the situation(s) to which this apllies as it is a topic for another thread.

edit on 8-3-2011 by movetovanuatu because: I sounded stupid

edit on 8-3-2011 by movetovanuatu because: typo

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
My opinion hasn't changed. Governments don't tell what they know, because they don't know anything. There are no real answers, and people aren't going to stand for that. People want answers, especially in countries where a whole lotta money is paid to defense departments and other highly paid experts who are supposed to know stuff.

I agree that most people in positions who should know more, dont know more. Otherwise there would have been leaks by now. Im still mystified at all the secrecy though. Maybe its difficult for them to admit "we dont know" toward their public. Maybe they dont want to look like powerless fools. Maybe THATS the reason for suppressing it.

I dont know.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
[q
Sorry - might be me, but I'm still not clear on what you mean.

AND, I'm really intrigued by Vallee's statement:

"we proposed the idea of the sharing of data."

Dont ask me what that means. I really dont know. To clarify the previous statement:

One poster said that they are not helping us and that that means they are not benevolent.

I am saying that that doesnt necessarily mean that "they" are not benevolent. There could be many reasons for not helping us (such as non-intervention policies).

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As a differing view.

It may be that what they say in that communiqué is exactly what was meant. No between the lines required.

Perhaps the stuffed shirts in the UK delegation to the UN in 1978 knew nothing more than the general public and felt the whole idea of involving the UN ridiculous and would bring the organisation to disrepute.

If you ask the vast majority of people in the govt or civil service today about UFOs they would make a funny face and change the subject, while looking for somewhere else to be. It would be an honest reaction based on what they know.

If there is significant knowledge somewhere its very very tightly held.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Perhaps the stuffed shirts in the UK delegation to the UN in 1978 knew nothing more than the general public and felt the whole idea of involving the UN ridiculous and would bring the organisation to disrepute.

Thats an option. The UK trying to sustain the UNs reputation.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by movetovanuatu

But what possible intrest could the UK government have in keeping this under wraps? I would have thought the US would have had an intrest? Doesnt make sense to me at all.

The US would keep it under wraps and also keep it under wraps that they are keeping it under wraps.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It kinda reminds me of a south park episode:

It’s Like a Taco Inside a Taco Within a Taco Bell That’s Inside a KFC Within a Mall That’s Inside of Your Dream!

Ba ba ba da da dak a dak a dah!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

That's a really great quote. Do you have a source link?

"Governments took notice, organizing task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1992

Thanks, sofi

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
SkyFloating, you really think disclosure is THAT imminent? We had a lot of action in space lately: NASA scientist saying he has found alien bacterias, later to be denied by NASA itself, Tyche, ELEnin, Second Sun frenzy, Betelgeuse going supernova...then this. Makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

And I must disagree with "yeahright". I'm almost 100% sure the govt. know what's going on with the ET phenomenon. I've heard too much about it to deny this...But the fact that they're in total ignorance could be right, that is if you are speaking about the "mainstream government"...I think the Elite, the ones above our govt., knows a lot about the phenomenon...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Hi Sofi, here you go

link

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks much karl - great book btw. I read the foreword and skimmed through some of the entries - wow. Am definitely going back for more.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I guess releasing all the information on the UFO's was probably inappropriate at the time, the people were scared enough with the Russian threat they didn't need a UFO threat on top of that.
Not like if there was anything they could have done about it, we can't stop them anyways so whats the point into creating more fear into the general population.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
SkyFloating, you really think disclosure is THAT imminent?

An old thread of mine:

200 years to ET Disclosure

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Another case of TPTB in the West serving as an anchor to progress.

Who'd have thought it

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'm sure we all know what the Prime Directive is, here at ATS (if not, look it up in reference to Star Trek). If we can't handle our own situation and simply go on acting like self-destructive idiots that continually war with each other, murder each other, ruin the ecosystem.... why would other cultures want us among them? Helping a serial killer out of self inflicted problems doesn't necessarily mean you have changed his way of thinking. Hands off policy to see how we work out our own problems and are Mature enough to be welcomed into a space faring society just might be why we see them but don't get to interact with them. With the technology they have, and even without high tech, all they would have to do to conquer us is use our OWN technology! We have nukes, germ warfare, chemical warfare..... they don't need high tech to defeat us, we are fully capable of defeating ourselves. So if they were harmful to us they could easily act against us or sit back while we do it do ourselves. If they are benevolent, they could be helping us in ways we don't know. If they are hands off, which is how it appears to me, its up to us, just as if they weren't Out There. Take care of our own problems before they take care of us!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

We already know that the UK and American governments have a policy of hiding UFO and ET activity. We need to know what they are hiding. We still don't know the truth.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There's a lot of events happening now, and things are not getting better.

This just happened

Millions of dead fish

I wonder what really happened here. These mass deaths in nature should not be happening.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Unidentified Flying Object does not necessarily mean aliens.

The reason the UK may have actively worked to suppress a UFO investigation is to prevent other countries from discovering secret "Flying Objects" programs they may have been working on.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I believe it was about aliens and not what the above poster said BUT having said that, when I read the OP, what I understood from it is that the UK didn't want the UN to have a UFO group within it not to hide anything but to preserve credibility for the UN rather than people not taking it seriously as an international task force by investigating "hokey claims and nutjob theories" as it were.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
To endorse an investigation, would be to validate cause to do so, thereby validating the suspicions.
Additionally, investigations cost money, that they believe would be frivolously spent.

That's why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join