Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Does God dislike his own moral sense and autonomy?

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Does God dislike his own moral sense and autonomy?

In reading Genesis, I realized that God seemed quite put out be A & E showing that they are autonomous creatures and able to not just follow orders like some kind or robot.

The first time they showed any autonomy, God came down on them rather harder than what he had warned them about which king of surprises me, as I think this completely unjust. If governments did this, there would be harsh demands for them to change their ways. Christians though seem to think this immorality is quite all right. They hide behind their---God can do whatever he wants----immoral mantra to justify any immorality on God’s part.

Genesis showed a rather unforgiving God, much more severe than any parent I know, and a God that did not give them all the information required to make an informed choice. In fact, God left it up to the talking snake to inform A & E about the great benefits of having the knowledge of good and evil.

We are never told in scripture just why God wanted to keep A & E as dumb as the other animals but we are told that by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they did what the Bible later tells us to do and that is to try to be as perfect as God. In fact God says that they did reach his moral height and became as Gods, with the moral sense that the knowledge of good and evil brings. Man’s elevation IOW. Not a fall as many have been spoon fed to believe.

Any parent that I know wants their children to be autonomous and have a good moral sense. We all want our children to be better than we think we are and to not have to rely on our guidance forever.

God seems to have gone the other way and resented and punished A & E and all the rest of us through original sin and a cursed earth for the so called sin.

Man would give all kinds of kudos to his children if in Eden.
Why did God do the opposite and punish?

Was he just or unjust in his punishment of A & E and the rest of us?

Why would he punish A & E for being like him, in moral terms?
Why would he punish them for them learning they could be autonomous and not slaves?

If God was angered when A & E becoming like him, does that mean that he does not like his own moral sense and would give up his autonomy?

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Maybe...just maybe that's because GOD never wrote the bible.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This, and other seeming contradictiory behaviour in the bible, are the reason that I disregarded it long ago. I do however think it is possible that there was once a grain of truth, but it has long since been encased in nonsense. We do have a moral compass inside each of us, and sometimes it is painful to look at, and a lot of us choose to ignore it, but you should let this be your guide .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well perhap's we are all gods, we are his children, he wanted us not stay beside him but go out and flourish so he set the scenario up and all; think of it he loves us all like a father would and he wants us to get stronger so he made us go out of his heaven and into hell in order to face the ordeals and overcome it. Maybe the first to over come gets a good place to govern or free to do what he/she wants. We all learn this once we die or we just die and cease to exists so no body should question why we are created or not we should just live and take care of these things once we are close to dying. Because only then will you be able to look back and say " Did I do anything beneficial? "

link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Read the gnostic texts. The creation story is twice as long as the KJV, and in those texts god is very forgiving. Adam is very childlike too at first, by the time they were banished from the garden, god had revived Adam from death on a number of occasions.

link   
The story of Adam and Eve to me sounds like a master to his slaves.
Do my bidding, tend my garden, but don't learn stuff...you are lesser creatures and if you start knowing things, you may wise up to my antics.

The snake here seems to be the good guy...hey...eating from the tree of knowledge will give you insight.

So man, due to his "flaw" tries to understand (eats), and notes things are not right...

The Master has a tantrum and casts the slaves out of his garden before they can ask for rights or whatnot...whatever his reason...and still, even cast out of the garden, tries to impose his rules and will on the ones he just cast out

Over and over he kills, tortures, and inflicts harm in order to have them get back to being good slaves...but the knowledge has already set in and passed down...pandora's box is open.

Finally some hero dude named jesus comes down and remarkets the old master..."our bad...mistakes were made...just try not to wreck the place, thats all". This is a bit better and allows for some amends to be made...of course, that is when mankind, learning some of the tricks of the old master, decides to start enslaving one another (We learned it from you!!!)...and so thats where we are today.

I would suggest that if there is any truth to the story...the "god" that created us may want to restructure his/her/their plan before doing another planet...learn from mistakes, and start off the next project with the knowledge given freely verses have a freakfest when you find out your cool robot slaves want to be a bit more than just that...talk about a cranky inventor.

And who knows...creating something that may become equals may bring all sorts of joy than simply creating neat slaves

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
God is seperate from religions, religions takes experience from experiencers of God and exploits them classic of this is the SAINTS who opposed mainstream religion and were slienced turned back into the mainstream of religion as mytars HUH!!! do people realize these are nothing more than dark occults.

Only logic why people say there good suck into the twinky zone of the occult. They have nothing to do with God

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

LOL, I enjoyed reading your post because it's actually true.
Original sin aka - being too smart

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Seems to me like you should be consulting your particular "faith leader" not ATSers. This topic isn't a conspiracy or cover-up or anything of the like, I am sure if you ask you "faith leader" he/she (probably the former) will give you some non-sense that will satisfy your quest for knowledge, since you are feeling there is something up with this particular piece of scripture/truth. In fact he will most likely tell you to have faith. That's a good cure-all answer for your insolence. Don't you know? Only GOD has the answers and you were never meant to know any of them (well, unless he wants you to according to his plan) god will never give you more than you can handle. In any case, you could consider that you might be waking up to the truth about what you been reading all along...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogsgod had revived Adam from death on a number of occasions.

God: Adam...name all the creatures.

Adam: ok..hmm...I will call this thing here Fluffy Cat..cute..let me pat it

God: (resurrects Adam)

Adam: ok, fluffy cat doesn't work..its cuteness is a lie..erm..lion...I will call it a lion, with a strict no patting policy.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Given that I believe that "God" is Consciousness, the answer is both "yes" and "no." Aspects of Consciousness, creating the Now, dislike. Aspects like.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Given that I believe that "God" is Consciousness, the answer is both "yes" and "no." Aspects of Consciousness, creating the Now, dislike. Aspects like.

I tend to agree with this outlook. When we over-literalize (meaning read through earthly, carnal eyes) the Eden account (and the whole bible for that matter) we are left with a big jumbled mess of confusion and contradictions. This perfectly explains why we have thousands of conflicting Christian denominations who all use the same book.

Understanding that "God" is not some person or individual who is separate from all things can go a long way towards being able to better reconcile the seeming contradicting aspects of "God's" character.

All creatures and beings are merely projections of the Universal Mind or Universal Consciousness known as "God." Every thought, word, and deed - good, bad, and insignificant - of all creatures is a representation, and outflowing, of God Source in some way. And all creatures are merely fractalized microcoms of "God."

For example, all people, from the holiest to the most wicked, have within themselves the ability to accuse and demand punishment, as well as the ability to forgive and look past transgressions. The word "satan" means (amongst other things) "accuser." Satan is not some separate entity from "God," nor some anti - god. Satan is merely that aspect of the God Source consciousness that recognizes transgression and the need for judgment against it.

To counterbalance this, we have the one many know as "the Christ," that being, of course Yahshua, the sacrifical lamb. This man was and is the archetype, or example, for the best way towards spiritual growth and closeness to our divine Light and origins. Love and forgivness, doing harm to none, and refusing to repay evil with evil are all beneficial towards our spiritual growth.

Satan and the Christ exist within every one of us, just as they exist within the "Mind of God." The universe and all dimensions are the mind of God, even the divine dream of God, and we are all a part of It. And at the same time, one with it, being inseparable from the mind in which we exist, even as characters in our own dreams seem separate from us while we dream, and yet when we wake up, we realize everything and everyone in our dream were merely projections of our own mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
Maybe...just maybe that's because GOD never wrote the bible.

Yup, this is your answer. God didn't write your bible, Nor is he in your book. References to God are in it, but the people that actually wrote the bible didn't know God, save the one man.

God isn't in a book!! ....when will people understand
edit on 8-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I was going to quote that scripture, seems you beet me to it. Tushay, my comedic friend. Still, you must look into these texts I mentioned earlier.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Repost....sorry delete please
edit on 8-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Well perhap's we are all gods, we are his children, he wanted us not stay beside him but go out and flourish so he set the scenario up and all; think of it he loves us all like a father would and he wants us to get stronger so he made us go out of his heaven and into hell in order to face the ordeals and overcome it. Maybe the first to over come gets a good place to govern or free to do what he/she wants. We all learn this once we die or we just die and cease to exists so no body should question why we are created or not we should just live and take care of these things once we are close to dying. Because only then will you be able to look back and say " Did I do anything beneficial? "

Rather late in the day to change ones course if it has not been the right one.
Neat trick if you can do it though. I think people are brighter than that.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
reply to post by Greatest I am

Read the gnostic texts. The creation story is twice as long as the KJV, and in those texts god is very forgiving. Adam is very childlike too at first, by the time they were banished from the garden, god had revived Adam from death on a number of occasions.

Yes. keep in mind though that Gnostics, like Christians, had many sects and that most of the Gnostic sects did not read their own scriptures literally. That is likely why the Christians burned their books and killed many of them when they came into power.

I have been calling myself a Gnostic Christian since my apotheosis. Keep seeking God my friend.
The Gnostic Godhead is real.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

join