It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Drug War Continues: Ambush of Police Convoy and Beheadings in Acapulco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Mexican Drug War Continues: Ambush of Police Convoy and Beheadings in Acapulco

www.allvoices.com

Culiacan, Mexico - A police convoy, transporting two prisoners from northern Mexico, was attacked in a massive ambush. Seven police officers and one inmate were killed in the raid. Six other officers and a second prisoner were wounded in the ambush.

Monday, police also found three severed heads in a plastic bag outside a tunnel that connects central Acapulco to the outskirts of the city.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23cfa383d510.jpg[/atsimg]

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
in another part of the country Gun battles between rival gangs have killed 18 people in a north-eastern Mexican town, a day after seven police officers and an inmate died in an ambush of a convoy transporting prisoners in the west of the country.

The fighting in Abasolo erupted on Monday morning and left at least 18 people dead, according to the Tamaulipas state government. The shooting came a month after a further 18 people died in the nearby town of Padilla, several of them innocent bystanders.

Meanwhile Mexico's Felipe Calderon and Barack Obama met this week and vowed to keep doing what they've been doing... in other words, U.S.-Mexico Relations Back on Track -- In the Wrong Direction

www.allvoices.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Some serious carnage going on over there. Im surprised that there hasnt been an all out war with US troops in that region.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Quetzalcoatl- What will they do when this its encountered....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
the stupidity and ignorance in these matters portrait-ed by the two presidents, is borderline insane by definition

during the white house speech by both presidents, or should I say dog and pony show, as usual vague ideas are given in what they say their agenda should be, talking about, stopping drug trafficking, human trafficking, weapon trafficking as the main goals that need to be addressed, and the whole time I thinking to myself are these people that blind, ALL these problems can be addressed directly by SECURING THE BORDER

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

I agree fully! Get our troops home, then re-deploy them on US soil in that region. Any skirmishes that occur, change the rules of engagement. Shoot first ask questions later. ( provided that those who they are shooting at instigated the issue, or " appeared ' to be culprits escalating the situation)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So enjoy your produce grown in Mexico. No telling what has happened to it before it gets here.

I think until they get this under control all US and World Contracts should be halted for exports.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I've heard it suggested, you wanna take out US citizens, tamper with the food supply. The people would never see it coming. Thus the reason I garden and grow my own veggies. Not to mention the amount of money I save at the grocery store...have you seen the prices lately for veggies at the store? Absolutely sickening.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You could not pay me enough money to travel to Mexico. I have been there on numerous occasions in the past and enjoyed my experiences there. However, this violence is spreading like wildfire, and it seems the Mexican government is hard pressed to handle the situation? Why is the US so passive about the violence so close to its backyard? Why not use the same methods that the US government used in Colombia to bring down Pablo Escobar and the Medillen Cartel?

Shoot outs in broad daylight, beheadings, killing of police, military, and prominent politicians, mass graves, bombings, and countless other threats to normal civil society. Now, it seems the violence is spreading to a known tourist haven like Acapulco which does not ode well for the Mexican economy. I was a way that violence was indeed taking place in Acapulco, but I have yet to see anything on the scale of this latest ambush.

It seems the current policy of throwing money at the problem by the US is not working. The US government also provides training and such to the Mexican police and military. Apparently it is not enough. I think a new strategy should be implemented, and what that is going to be is beyond me. However, the current policy seems to be of little use, and has not done smidgen to alleviate the reign of terror held by the cartels. On another note, how can we be certain the billions being sent down there are actually going to where it belongs, and not ending up in the pockets of the criminals? Mexico is notorious for political corruption. That is something that should be kept in mind. What a mess!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So enjoy your produce grown in Mexico. No telling what has happened to it before it gets here.

I think until they get this under control all US and World Contracts should be halted for exports.

I hate to be the one to point this out...but... thanks to some fine print written into the NAFTA agreements Mexico is no longer a foreign territory...

It was about a year ago I wrote about NORCOM (the North Command) designed to protect the U.S. landmass from terrorist attack, Mexico is designated North America's southern security perimeter and U.S. military aircraft now has carte blanche to penetrate Mexican airspace. Moreover, the North American Security and Prosperity Agreement (ASPAN in its Mexican initials) seeks to integrate the security apparatuses of the three NAFTA nations under Washington's command. Now the Merida Initiative signed by Bush II and Calderon in early 2007 allows for the emplacement of armed U.S. security agents - the FBI, the DEA, the CIA, and ICE - on Mexican soil and contractors like the former Blackwater cannot be far behind.

Well that day has come and gone...NORCOM, ASPAN, the Merida Initiative have all been called into play... FYI the US now has a brand new intelligence agency OBI (the office of Bi-national Intelligence) who has been given full authority over the Mexican military, in regards to fighting this drug war...

those ICE agents who were ambushed a couple of weeks ago,(one KIA) were delivering weapons and Ammo to the new Mexico City offices of this OBI

in essence their no longer those guys but part of a new North American Union
edit on 8-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I am sickeningly aware of the history, what gets me is that once the all clear for go begins, it will be a blood bath such as never seen in human history with the elite drug cartels the only surviving rebels. You think that the US Soldiers have been scorned and hated after Nam and other invasions and occupations? This will make all those memories fade to black in the wake of the atrocities which will happen in Mexico.

I am not saying it will be by our troops but that is how the world is going to write it.

Our Troops will be there to protect our investments.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Im surprised that there hasnt been an all out war with US troops in that region.

Probably because the US people would support the Mexican cartels.

We're the ones buying all their drugs anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm not so sure of that? I don't think the troops would be dis-liked as much as you would suggest? Given the state of the situation, there are many I've spoken too, and read about, that would be all for our Troops being used to not only secure the border, but to eradicate illegal immigration. From what I've read, and heard, many would be quite content of our troops being used, specifically because its within the Constitution to do so. ( Meaning securing our borders)

Not to mention, the influx of illegals is sickening! However, if obtaining citizenship is done correctly, and in the proper way, then i say embrace that idea, considering thats what the Constitution wanted to begin with, the naturalization of immigrants in an orderly fashion.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The most violent cities in Mexico are those with a border crossing or in view of a US city, the drug problem is our problem regardless of where they're coming from. This is a "war" that can never be won, lives and resources are squandered in an attempt to squash supply and demand, it can't be done.
If you want to put garbage in your mouth, be my guest, common sense does not come by force.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was in awe listening to Calderon (and Obama), everything he said was hypocritical and BS. He seriously had NO clue what he was talking about. It is worth the listen for the comedy value none the less. Long but you can skip around to some of Calderon's statements.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Sure , the borders.

What I am talking about is not just the border but going into Mexico itself during one of the most horrendous times in their history. They are practicing for total massacre of their own people and if our Troops and other world troops are brought in to secure the food supply, then it will not be the murdering drug cartels who will be blamed but the militarization processes.

Look the world is brinking on total and complete chaos at this moment, while the public is being bombarded with the Royals weddings and the celebrities, these are not the most important issues which are covertly affecting them in this moment.

This is not to mention how Martial law is making its way into our everyday lives and preparations being made for continuity of not the public but privileged.

The economy is being destroyed and dismantled, this is a calculated surety. Add to this geographical stresses on their way to us and will create millions of casualties in its wake.

This is very real, you need to be prepared and stop waving the banner of freedom and get ready because it is coming.
edit on 9-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join