It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions : Magick

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee

Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff,
and brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. Oh

Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail
Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail,
Noble kings and princes would bow whene'er they came,
Pirate ships would lower their flags when Puff roared out his name. Oh

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more
And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.
Without his life-long friend, Puff could not be brave,
So Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. Oh

This song is magick

edit on 12-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

ugh......

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I practiced wicca when I was 13. After one late night spent scrying with a mirror and candle, i heard a deep growling outside my bedroom window. We lived in florida at the time. When I got up to investigate, all the lights went out in my house. Needless to say I stopped dabbling soon after

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
think about magick working in this way, not the fancy make disappear thingies but i personally think its a subconscious realization, for example theres a girl or guy someone likes and they dont seem to pay attention to them very much, and im not saying every formed spell would be real but i know for what i and most others know it isnt extremely fast working which is why you need a strong will to do something, magick works in ways that trigger realizations as such that the girl always noticed them she gives them more of a chance by being able to realize more good or bad qualities instead of a blind eye from then on its up to the caster to pursue them but usually its easier because their eyes are open, not even at you but everyone else as well

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I really dont know what magick definition is. Learn from what i learn and see around here that magick is extra ability that come from third party, which good party mean white magic and the opposite called a black magic. Own ability would just called capability. The third party can be outside, inside or merge with them.

I have seen lots of things, from something that not looks scary like sharp weapon proof, eating sharp object, make things disappeared, or bullet proof came from people who really learn about it for long time of just kind like "injected" it to your body with just need to pay only a few. I have seen even a really gross magick or some said ability of this ability called rawarontek banyu. This guy was chop into little pieces from legs to head and the part of his body put on this and someone take it to show it to audience from very close range or even if you wanna touch it.

Then they put him and all part of him together, put a white fabric on him and pour some water. Then this guy looks like moving and voilaaaaaa he is well alive with nothing less.
When i was young, i got this neighbours, two old men that like to tease each other. When it rain, he said that can u stop the rain. The other guy said i can, it is easy and mumbling things softly and took this coconut leaves and put it on the ground vertically and rain just stop after few second. Then the other do something else and the rain start again and tease him again can u stop it now and laughing.

This sounds really crazy but i just share from my experiences.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I think its pretty safe to say that magic isn't real.

There's some quote that goes along the lines of "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

So if your interested in "magic" your time is better spent developing new technology.

You may not be a technological genius, but think of it like this: No one has ever achieved any provable magic. Scientists invent amazing and previously "impossible" things all the time.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Scales

Yes Magick exist. I'm not sure what Art these people are using , but look at Magick like Martial Art styles. It depend on which book they get or which entities are teaching them in the Astral plane. It depends on how deep you go into Magic or are willing to go. The closest think I have seen to Hollywood is spontaneous combustion used on news papers , the guy would hold it for 4 to 5 seconds and catch fire. He could also hold a flame in his hand from a lighter for 8 seconds. He knocked candle flames out from over twelve feet and rolled a pencil aroundbon his table with out touching.

However the real stuff comes in when you summon a demon by name. You have no idea. You want to study Magic? Join the knights templar , you must become a Freeman first however. My Uncle was a templar in his younger years when he was in Force Recon. He has some stories he can tell. I also read a type of manuscript he still had on summoning rituals and binding.....no wonder the church hated them.

Never get involved in Voodoo or any of this stuff for that matter. I'm a Christian so you know what I think already. I've read research papers written by monks on Druids , some weird stuff. You'd be surprised to find out how many manuscripts have been confiscated and deemed unfit for public use.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Magic is nothing more than advanced dream control, which applies to waking life just as much as it does to dreams. It boils down to focused attention filtered through archetypes, powered by emotion. You always exercise this type of dream control, the trick is to realize that you are in control.

The basics of control can be summed up in 4 simple rules:

1. Everything is an archetype.

An archetype being nothing more than a series of association one makes with a particular concept or idea. The more stable and well defined an archetype is, the more reliable it is when used for control purposes. A good example would be the association of conspiracy theorists being crazy kooks. THis archetype is so strong in most people, that even when a conspiracy theorist has sensible, logical facts, they are dismissed because the common archetype determines what shape the individual's reality will take.

There was a study done where participants were shown a partially completed picture of a sail boat and asked to what the picture was. Some participants simply had the ocean casually mentioned to them right before, and almost all of this group correctly identified the sail boat. The other group who weren't prepped with an ocean archetype failed to identify the partial picture in much greater numbers. Archetype determine the mental paths available to us.

2. Everything requires you attention to exist.

I'm sure most would argue things don't cease to exist just because people's attention isn't focused on it, but politicians use this little gem to great effectiveness all the time. Someone wearing designer clothes or shoes that were manufactured by child labor could not possibly wear those items if they were aware of the suffering those who made them endure. It's not something they focus on, and as such, doesn't exist for them.

3. The more you focus on something, the more real it becomes, and the more related detail it creates.

In dreams, when an insect captures your attention, you focus on it, and the next thing you know, the insect begins to multiply exponentially. When something annoys you in real life, it's because you're focused on it. The more you focus on it, the more it will annoy you, quickly spiraling out of control. This is one of the major traps you should avoid falling into.

4. Strong emotions have extreme effects on the world around you and how you perceive that world.

Emotions can be thought of as a fuel source, as well as flavors that shape your world.

All types of magic and ritual are a combination of those 4 rules of dream control. To use them effectively in dreams, one must become lucid, aware that one is dreaming. Likewise, to take control in waking reality, an equivalent form of heightened awareness is required, since the majority of our lives is experienced through a sleep like auto pilot.

Now let's loot at a few of the classical schools of magic.

VOODOO
Voodoo curses are commonly carried out by leaving the victim a grizzle fetish consisting of bones and such. The fetish is theatric in nature in order to capture the victim's attention and when possible induce fear. The bones invoke a death archetype, and when properly implanted into the victim's attention, will alter the path their thought process and subsequent reality takes. Like when you are in a good mood, everything around you is fantastic and beautiful, but when you are in a bad mood, everything around you is utter crap.

Voodoo does not require your belief as commonly believed, only your attention. Belief is actually useless and powerless, since your so called beliefs are shaped by archetypes formed through repetition over the years.

CROWLEY CULTS
Groups like the order of the golden dawn require initiates to read, study and memorize all manner of stories involving Gods, demons, spirits and entities. What this does is create stable, well established archetypes for use in their rituals. The more stable and well established an archetype, the more powerful and reliable it becomes for magical purposes.

It should be noted that these types of organizations are what Castaneda's mentor Don Juan described as "old school" sorcerers. They conform to pre-established archetypes and have years of well defined methods for working with them. Don Juan's modern sorcerer's took a more freestyle approach, taking advantage of any archetype they came across without being limited to the traditional norm of ritualistic apporaches.

Stage Magic
Even stage magic is in essence true magic, as it involves manipulating attention and using archetypes through redirection and other tricks of the trade.

Summoning/Invocation
Nothing more than calling upon pre-established archetypes again. It's with good reason there was a god or demon for just about everything back in the day, each with particular attributes and temperments.

That's all I got off the top of my head for now. For many people, it will be difficult to see the magical applications of these simple principles, but only because their own personal archetypes are limiting their possibilities. But I should think most ATS members should be able to see how these rules are dream control are used for political purposes, essentially exerting control.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Millions
- Does it work?

It absolutely works. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work the way you expect it to, because it's hard for each of us as individuals to think clearly and understand exactly what it is we're asking for or trying to accomplish.

For instance, wanting to be "rich" is probably not exactly the same thing as wanting your parents dead, but in a magical reality construct, the easiest way for you to become rich might be to have your parents die in a plane crash, leaving you the insurance money.

So to avoid that, you start putting all kinds of restrictions and limitations on your wishes or conjurations. Then nothing happens, of course, because in order for things to work, there has so be a certain minimum amount of chaos available in the system.

So you have to be clear. You have to be open. And you have to be willing to accept that you'll get whatever you want, but it won't necessarily be the way you want it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I've studied this and that system for years and practiced what I studied. Now my main fascination is with soup. Soup is a very magicial thing.

I know there are some people who will think you've rented out space in a cuckoo clock with this notion, but I know for a fact that you are right on. Soups and teas. There is something about gathering the essence of something and mixing and cooking it in water, which is one of the most effective ways for the mixture to interact with your body. There's a reason chicken soup makes a person feel good, beyond all the stuff about hydration, electrolytes, memory triggers, etc. It's got very subtle magic in it, and damn anybody who says different.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blessed1
I hav known far too many peopole who dabbled in such out of boredom or curiosity and
they were VERY sorry they did.

I can say the same thing about church. Not so much the old timeworn churches where the rituals have become rote, like an old rug to keep a chill out from under the door. But a lot of the newer Christian churches are essentially doing magic, with their various conjurings and attempts to form a personal connection with what they think is "Jesus." That's another pretty dangerous road to go down, particularly if you don't know what you're looking for or experiencing.

P.S. -- So I guess my point is that we all do magic by existing, and there are all kinds of ways to focus that activity. But you can't always tell how they're going to turn out just by the names people put on them.

edit on 17-5-2011 by Blue Shift because: I am flawed.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I'd like to add another category to your list, one I'm most familiar with..scientific method as applied to magic which is honestly a much harder, longer but more rewarding road in the end in my opinion.

Some of those who use this type of method like to rely solely on what they can control and observe on a physical level, but it's not unknown for the more scholarly types to have vast knowledge on religion, old books of magic such as the Lesser Key of Solomon and be willing to use ritual or symbol to augment their learned theory.

Simple experiments would involve subtle manipulation of energy and recording the outcome. Set a target number on a single die and roll it thirty or fourty times, training your will on the die to make that number come up to the best of your ability. Chart the times you succeeded and compare that to the odds of a dice being rolled with no intent. The same intent can be used to alter all kinds of random seed things, even random number generator programs. If you think it's purely imagination, try it sometime... and look up something called "The Bio-centric Universe Theory". Should be an article on it in Scientific American. Simple observation changes the world around you vastly.

I'll take a step out from the pack and say anyone, absolutely anyone with sufficient motivation and dedication can learn these things. I suppose possibly brain injury might preclude or hinder you, but anyone in reasonably good health should be able to do it. As far as my experiences with it? I think you would be wiser to ask what are the experiences of non practitioners. I've had many people see the results when I've wanted to put forth the effort and use the skill, but it's not something most people talk about with strangers... and it's not something I use on a regular basis.

The world is a wide, weird, wonderful place.. you'll find just about anything you're looking for here if you look hard enough. Asking if magic is real? If people have seen it? I'm not sure how to answer that. Just about everyone has a story about it in one shape or another. If you're asking for definitive proof.. I'd say study it yourself, get involved with it. Take no one's word but your own about what is truly out there. It's the only way to see what's truly possible.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by hadriana
I've studied this and that system for years and practiced what I studied. Now my main fascination is with soup. Soup is a very magicial thing.

I know there are some people who will think you've rented out space in a cuckoo clock with this notion, but I know for a fact that you are right on. Soups and teas. There is something about gathering the essence of something and mixing and cooking it in water, which is one of the most effective ways for the mixture to interact with your body. There's a reason chicken soup makes a person feel good, beyond all the stuff about hydration, electrolytes, memory triggers, etc. It's got very subtle magic in it, and damn anybody who says different.

I'd like to step in on this one too and mention that this is one of the oldest forms of healing known to man and damned if medical science can make heads or tails of exactly why. Teas particularly are a great example. My boss where I used to work was a Vietnamese guy that made the most amazing tea.. whenever I was getting sick, he'd whip me up something that smelled foul but was tolerable to drink.. would tell me to sip it slowly but drink it while it was hot, finish the whole cup and I'd feel much better. It worked. Couldn't tell you what was in it, but it worked.

As far as soups, it's the same basic premise as creating an essence of a material in older forms of alchemy. Depending on the purpose of the soup, you could almost call it an elixir. The preperation of the ingredients is almost as important as what ingredients you use, whether cut, crushed, ground, dried, etc. I wouldn't go as far as to say all cooking has these properties but this is one of those things that you'd have to see the marvelous healing power of good soup and tea to accept.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

I did the ouija board when I was around 14 or 15. There were 3 of us around a large wooden table and we used an upturned glass . It moved all by itself, shooting across the table. That freaked us out so much we didn't bother doing it again . Accidental telekentic powers or the actions of a spirit ? I'll never know, but it was quite an experience seeing that glass SPEED across the table when not one of us was touching it !!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Magick is a catchment word. It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

However, in general, it's a good thing to know that there are certain doors which should not be opened, primarily because you generally can't get them closed again.

That is also all I am going to say about the subject. I have had experiences which I could discuss, yes; but I suspect that the Christians around here already view me as a lost cause as it is. Suffice it to say, though, that they are correct about certain prohibitions being in the Bible for a reason. I found that out the hard way.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

It is funny that this keeps happening, consider my low activity on my blog recently. but, i just posted my best input on this subject last night. Here:

The nature of this freedom is symbolized in an image used by the early Buddhists: flowing water. Sometimes the flow from the past is so strong that little can be done except to stand fast, but there are also times when the flow is gentle enough to be diverted in almost any direction. – Thanissaro Bhikkhu

“Magick” is the manipulation of the conditions in which this flow from the past cuts its path.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Magick is a catchment word. It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

However, in general, it's a good thing to know that there are certain doors which should not be opened, primarily because you generally can't get them closed again.

That is also all I am going to say about the subject. I have had experiences which I could discuss, yes; but I suspect that the Christians around here already view me as a lost cause as it is. Suffice it to say, though, that they are correct about certain prohibitions being in the Bible for a reason. I found that out the hard way.

So you DO believe in magic, LoL and then you go on to give credibility to the Bible?!

Who are you and what have you done with Petrus4?

Next thing I know you will be saying that Crowley did summon a Daemon with Jack Parsons and L Ron Hubbard.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Next thing I know you will be saying that Crowley did summon a Daemon with Jack Parsons and L Ron Hubbard.

I'm aware of the Alamantra (sp?) working. It was in actuality, probably a fairly routine case of ceremonial evocation.

I've also never said that I don't believe in demons. All I have said, is that I don't believe that extraterrestrial life is exclusively demonic.
edit on 10-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join