It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions : Magick

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes, it works.

Unfortunately it's source is something science cannot study, so I have no further information. Nothing solid anyway. Depending on who you ask it is a power from nature, from within, something from various gods, and even something from the devil himself. Whatever the true source is, it is a real thing. One can use it for good or bad. And it is not something to play around with lightly.

Wish I could say something more concrete. Those who practice Wicca may be the best people to ask.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I don't really believe magick is a placebo, I think that explanation is far too simplified. The same results can be obtained without specific ritual but some form of ritual is always needed to obtain the necessary state to influence the forces at work. There are many cases where the same outcome can be achieved without magick at all but that doesn't make magick a placebo.

I'm not really going to go into the details about the bad things that have happened to people. I never preformed a ritual against some or "put a curse" on someone, its more like they get their karmic retribution.

The only real dangers of studying magic come from what you learn. If you're a rational person, like I am, then you have to accept some fairly irrational ideas as truths before you can move on. Sometimes people won't like the implications of what they learn, or they simply can't handle the knowledge. Sometimes this sort of knowledge can change the way you view the world and other people.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Yes studying magick can be dangerous, but it depends on your approach....if you have pure intentions then your result will be good.

If you're trying to inflict harm or summon something you don't fully understand you can get yourself in a heap of trouble.

I believe your bad Karma comes back on you two fold, i think i actually read it studying some of this material.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was deeply wondering that at one time and I came across this:

THE FATES, FOIBLES, FOLLIES, AND FAILURES OF FAMOUS OCCULTISTS

I checked a lot the info out and it's seems accurate. Did magic(k) work out for them? All the famous mage & sorceresses from past or present are there. Check 'em out and you be the judge.

That doesn't mean that I think there's nothing to magic(k) I just think it's a bad & deceitful bargain.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
whjat i'm going to explain comes from my own simple mortal magical self (wtf with all the ck, j... magic is magic. Period). My mom was involved in a serious "bad" magic work made to inflict her pain and steal her boyfriend (i was 9 by that time). The most weird and strange things appeared in my house, even a hellhound... she made a lot of rituals involving candles and things like that and summoned the pressence of Archangel Michael. It worked very, very nice, my house started to smell nice and the new potplants we bought lived till now (when the "bad" spell was there, all our potplants died overnight)

Crappy sorcery. But that background always stayed on me, even when my mom quited magic after some years because she didn't had the time to do rituals and the like. I always had the interest living on me, and when I was 18 i met a guy who called himself a chaos magician. The guy was a sort of punk guy, that lived alone in his parent's house (his parents left the house out of the blue), had a little kid and a girlfriend. He always talked to me about magic and the like, he used to say i had "potential" but i didn't believe on him, because i thought that all things in magic where black-white and everything he talked to me sounded like black magic. I was so religious by that time. He lended me some boks i never had the time to pass them back to him because he suddenly dissapeared from my life. I didn't read them, and they were just there for years.

Some months ago i was bored and in lack of new books to read. I was completely concious about how the world worked and all (i was already awaken by that time, it was pretty recent) and I took a certain book from Phil Hine and I loved it. I gave it a try and... my complete perspective of magic changed. And I started to love the concepts. Several books later, and several small triumphs too, now i'm trying new ways to approach magic. I think that it involves something psychologycal indeed, but still, i have fun and i truly believe it works (or had worked). It's not easy, but it's so freaking funny! create new rituals, not following any ritual that was already created by anyone else, or doing it just to try is a real challenge. Magic is not good or bad, it's the intenton what makes it good or wrong, and that's not given by the magical system you're using but by your own morals.

I know the risks, I took responsability about what I'm doing and the most important, if it doesn't works i don't care because I had a lot of fun anyway!!

The most important thing for me is I have a lots of fun and i've learnt lot of things about myself while doing it. I'm more tunned with the real world since then and the vibrational rate in muself is higher than before. Maybe it's just my imagination but who cares?

If you ask me, read about all the systems you want, and see wich one resonates the most with yourself. But always, take care and make yourself responsible of your acts. That's the most important deal on this.

- Cags

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
whjat i'm going to explain comes from my own simple mortal magical self (wtf with all the ck, j... magic is magic. Period). My mom was involved in a serious "bad" magic work made to inflict her pain and steal her boyfriend (i was 9 by that time). The most weird and strange things appeared in my house, even a hellhound... she made a lot of rituals involving candles and things like that and summoned the pressence of Archangel Michael. It worked very, very nice, my house started to smell nice and the new potplants we bought lived till now (when the "bad" spell was there, all our potplants died overnight)

Crappy sorcery. But that background always stayed on me, even when my mom quited magic after some years because she didn't had the time to do rituals and the like. I always had the interest living on me, and when I was 18 i met a guy who called himself a chaos magician. The guy was a sort of punk guy, that lived alone in his parent's house (his parents left the house out of the blue), had a little kid and a girlfriend. He always talked to me about magic and the like, he used to say i had "potential" but i didn't believe on him, because i thought that all things in magic where black-white and everything he talked to me sounded like black magic. I was so religious by that time. He lended me some boks i never had the time to pass them back to him because he suddenly dissapeared from my life. I didn't read them, and they were just there for years.

Some months ago i was bored and in lack of new books to read. I was completely concious about how the world worked and all (i was already awaken by that time, it was pretty recent) and I took a certain book from Phil Hine and I loved it. I gave it a try and... my complete perspective of magic changed. And I started to love the concepts. Several books later, and several small triumphs too, now i'm trying new ways to approach magic. I think that it involves something psychologycal indeed, but still, i have fun and i truly believe it works (or had worked). It's not easy, but it's so freaking funny! create new rituals, not following any ritual that was already created by anyone else, or doing it just to try is a real challenge. Magic is not good or bad, it's the intenton what makes it good or wrong, and that's not given by the magical system you're using but by your own morals.

I know the risks, I took responsability about what I'm doing and the most important, if it doesn't works i don't care because I had a lot of fun anyway!!

The most important thing for me is I have a lots of fun and i've learnt lot of things about myself while doing it. I'm more tunned with the real world since then and the vibrational rate in muself is higher than before. Maybe it's just my imagination but who cares?

If you ask me, read about all the systems you want, and see wich one resonates the most with yourself. But always, take care and make yourself responsible of your acts. That's the most important deal on this.

- Cags

For a non native speaker that's a very insightful post. I don't agree with the hell hounds and the likes appearing, this is called priming and expected hallucination, but the rest of it, very open-minded and curious. I think you'll do well.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

maybe you're right, there's no way to comprobate if what i saw that night was a hellhound or just my imagination. As i've said, psychology, and therefore mind tricks, plays an important part on this too.
Sorry about my bad spelling, I'm at a friend's place and I don't have english spellchecker here nor time to check manually

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Alethia - when you say that it works, and isn't something to be played around with lightly, what makes you say this? Have you had personal experience of this?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Caggy, you mentioned that you've had some small successes. I'd be interested in hearing about them if you are comfortable sharing this kind of thing.....?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Live in a household of 3 practicing occultists.
Yes, magick works.

The thing about magick is that when you can pretty much get whatever you want, you start to want LESS....and less...and less...at least, that's the way it has worked for me. It leads away from materialism to mysticism IMO.

I've studied this and that system for years and practiced what I studied. Now my main fascination is with soup. Soup is a very magicial thing. I'm terribly afraid I'm turning into a stereotype. I might be found one day in a leaking hovel of a house with ratty clothes, a cat, some books, working on a pot of soup flying high.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I was interested in wicca in high school, then got more into chaos magic in my 20's, it's a little less self absorbed seeming.

there are rituals that are more for personal change, a change in attitude or outlook, there's also rituals and spells for affecting a change in your environment, or if you're going more chaos, to force your will on the probability, or something like that.

i've had some experiences, some of them odd, some of them a little less so. odder ones: seeing a woman in the flames of a candle during a ritual, then seeing her in any flame for weeks after, flocks of crows around my house for a solid month, and some odd occurances of syncronicity.

I've also used sigilization (creating and firing off sigils) in the past for getting a job, hooking up with a particular girl I liked, things of that nature, I've also noticed that most people that have screwed me over in the past, have taken hits themselves shortly after. it's possible those things happen without any aid from the sigils, rituals, or any magical and mystic source, but part of chaos magic half the time seems to be taking the credit for everything, and so I do.

Everyone has different experiences and opinions, it's hard to really sit down and say 'this is a classic example of magic', magic itself tends to be part frame of mind, part attitude, and part personality, if that makes any sense

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

This is a question for all ATS readers with experience, knowledge or simply an interest in the area of magick :

- Does it work?
- Please tell us about any personal stories or experiences where you have witnessed magick in action.

The aim is to create a thread which can act as an introduction to the subject.

I recently read with great interest a number of threads related to this subject, but to be honest - they went into far too much detail for someone just newly coming into the field to understand. My aim for this thread is to try and determine through reading personal accounts whether magick does in fact work. My logic is that if this proves to be so, I will be much more willing and motivated to delve into some of the more complex areas surrounding the subject.

Magick does work if you really believe it will work. Its all about will. But remember if you use magick for bad on someone else it WILL come back on you times 10. (Some people say 3, but its 10!)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've always wondered about this subject. It has fascinated me since the first experience I had with it. Well I like to think it was, so I'll share my story.

When I was 8 years old my bother, sister and I had hamsters. One day we had woke up in the morning and my sister's hamster had suffocated under its speed wheel. I took it out of the cage to check and its body was lifeless. My sister started crying when she saw it and I felt really bad for her because she was sad. So I went to my room, sat down and started to think to myself that I could bring it back to life by moving my arms slowly side to side in the direction the hamster was, in hope I somehow manage to drift its spirit back to its body. I had did this for about 3 minutes and all of a sudden I heard my sister yelling that the hamster started to gasp for air. I ran over there and it was trying to move and open its eyes, but unfortunately it only lived for about 10 more minutes.

I still think back to that day and wonder if it was just a big coincidence lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i liked your response. but i dare ask, is anyone's intentions really that good or innocent? people are people. no matter how much they want to believe in their hearts that their intentions are good, they aren't. i am so a believer of total depravity of man. no one does anything with the pure intention of doing just good. we are just evil at heart.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
magick is i thin realizing that ur thoughts will eventually become ur reality,so by controlling ur thoughts u can crete any reality u want,thats magick
well the first step anyways
after that and years of practice u can even do things that are not physicaly possible
i was into it a few years back,but have since then decided its not for me

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Nice topic - as there's both yes and no's i'd like to share my experiences.

Depending on what you consider magick, allows for broad or more narrow views. "Psychic" topics like telepathy and auras i don't consider magic (dropping the K) but manipulating energies and kinesis of any kind (affecting an object or person) I would include. I try to experience the more "fantastic" kind of magic like you'd expect from myths and ghost stories.

Magic works just as anything else does if you let it - Positive thoughts if you would. But the more overt and impressive i would say exists.

I have sat and practiced magic with my friend "Dani". I was a new practitioner and i made my necklace unwearable with unneccessary energy attatched to it (an enchanted object if you will). Psychometry is the ability for a person to pick up impressions, experiences have left on an object through touch. I had handed my necklace to someone who didn't know what i had attempted on the necklace, and he got very distinct negative experiences touching it. I didn't tell him what i had done or anything i left it to him to tell me what he noticed; i owe him an apology i guess. I had Dani clean up my chain so that i could wear it comfortably. She did a small ritual and after putting it back on it felt much better - less neck pain, heaviness, etc.

Her and i have tried a number of different things. If you want to bring fantasy games into it - what would be called barrier magic i have done with her and another in a haunted house. Dani and her friend being clairvoyant, said they could see a white outline around their bodies which also produced a warm sensation. Visual sensitivity is possessed by some but not everyone. I don't "see" as they see, but i pick up sensations and can feel tanible results. Dani can also "touch" the top of my head when she wants my attention and we live states away from one another. i just get out the cell phone and text her at that point. (ah, technology)

Another friend of mine has allowed me to practice more in depth with her. If you're familiar with bilocation, i attempted to stand next to her with and without her knowledge, and it causes her to sneeze uncontrollably. I retested with permission on 3 occasions which still caused sneezing. If nothing else, it's a possibility of "something" rather than nothing occuring. Another had claimed to feel what was someone walking up behind her when i tried it with them, though this was more of an personal; subjective experience they had. The sneezing friend said their dad kept laughing at them.

I say magic is real including what would go into what would be considered supernatural, though nothing like casting a fireball from Dungeons and Dragons for 8d8 damage saving throw for half damage. If you are "open" to someone and give permission, it is easier to have an affect - even a very profound impact on physical sensation another is experiencing.

Since you're looking for information, like any topic please study first. Read first and don't read only one source. Yes "bad" things can happen, but also very amazing and positive experiences can be had. If you're versed in how magic works then "bad" experiences are avoided, because you took the time to learn how to have occur what you wanted to occur in the first place. It's like a game in that you set the rules, and then play the game. If something occurs you didn't intend it's a learning experience and you learn what rules to set beforehand.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've had rune seals appear engraved on my skin before. That and they disappeared shortly afterwards. I've also been sought out by a particular coven and then accepted... thus shortly afterwards the runes started appearing and disappearing. Magik is real. Well, I shouldn't say accepted more like took under their wing. Anyway... as I said before, Magik is real.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Rishiana because: More info needed

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is always a hard subject to address. Many people are under the misunderstanding that magick is an evil thing derived from the devil. Thats an ass hat opinion! Thoughs people mainly lack true wisdom and are out to supress onto others what they lack in their own faith. Magick is joy...love...hate...good...bad..it is everything in balance. You live magick everyday in every action you take. Magick is different to different people. One would say it is the manifistation of thought in action. Others see it as a spiritual things,much like Christians praying to christ to receive blessings or cures. To me I embrace everything..I leave no doors clossed and reach for knowlege wherever i can get it...knowledge is power..I do not judge when i am judged because that is below my level:to them i say keep your poison in your own mouth. I honor all life and all people! I have hard times walking this path..and it is hard...but I have expeirenced true magick...I live it. Not sure if this is what you were looking for but again to actually put a one true label on magick and what it is would make it not really magick at all. Now if you were looking for examples of actual manifested magick...you gonna get some kooks on here..lol...but it can and has been done. If there is an intent and desire it can be manifested.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

i had a fatty several years ago put a spelll on a baseball cap ( from the first batman movie) [i am a huge BATMAN fan !]and she gave it to me while i was with my wife(me and wife were only going out for about 6 months at the time)i was inFATuated with her for a little bit but it never led to any thing and during said spell my buddy (who married her best friend and i knew him before he met his witchy wife) told me what was going on . i stuck my head out of a pick-up truck window and the hat blew off my head and i started flippen out ,(screaming my lungs out the window of the truck absolutley flippen out!) the hat was on the side of a route for many days (maybe weeks) that we traveled often , while going to work. still to this day (23+ years later) i think about it now and then and have never spoke of this to anyone (but i thought i saw my friend as a homelessman pushing a carrige full of cans many years later when my daughter was about 3, we were driving and i made my now wife , who knew who he was pull over so i could get a good look at him, and didn't stop to talk to him ((if it was him))but am convinced it was him !)i still think of this now and then and it kinda freaks me out and have been wanting to tell this story for a while now but have had no venues for such a thing ! so thank you ATS as you have hopefully cleared my mind !

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I can easily say that magick is indeed real. I've had poor people passing out because they touched someone on the shoulder. I'm not talking about faking. I kicked him, and if he'd had even moved like he was asleep that would have been something, but no, he acted like he died, poor fellow. He was an ass though so it was kind of gratifying that I was the cause. It started with me using some very INFLUENCIAL music going and one of my groupies started like weirdo seizing up, the other grabbed his head in his hands and was silently moaning (the aforementioned sap), and the other other one looked at me. Kinda anti-climactic but that's him. After this the guy who holds his head a lot tried to cleanse the poor fellow who was seizing. He basically got pimp-slapped in the face by whatever was happening to the guy seizing. It was kinda cool. He was out about 5 min. After that he woke up and had no idea he'd passed out. We took about another 5 min. trying to convince him of his inability to stay awake. Anywho, fun experience, awesome experiment with lovely I-dosers. Try them out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join