It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions : Magick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is a question for all ATS readers with experience, knowledge or simply an interest in the area of magick :

- Does it work?
- Please tell us about any personal stories or experiences where you have witnessed magick in action.

The aim is to create a thread which can act as an introduction to the subject.

I recently read with great interest a number of threads related to this subject, but to be honest - they went into far too much detail for someone just newly coming into the field to understand. My aim for this thread is to try and determine through reading personal accounts whether magick does in fact work. My logic is that if this proves to be so, I will be much more willing and motivated to delve into some of the more complex areas surrounding the subject.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Science + Wisdom = Magick

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I've known several people in my life who practiced "magick". The only thing I've ever seen accomplished was when a girl I knew, who worked at a pet store, got together with her "coven" and cast a spell to cause a certain puppy to be bought. A week later, someone bought said puppy. I know, someone buying a puppy at a pet store is hard to believe, but with "magick" anything is possible, so they say.

That's my "experience" with "magick", for what it's worth. I'm sure other folks would tell you differently.
I certainly wouldn't want to rely on it in a survival situation, and wonder about this being in the Survival forum.

My two cents.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

This is a question for all ATS readers with experience, knowledge or simply an interest in the area of magick :

- Does it work?
- Please tell us about any personal stories or experiences where you have witnessed magick in action.

The aim is to create a thread which can act as an introduction to the subject.

I recently read with great interest a number of threads related to this subject, but to be honest - they went into far too much detail for someone just newly coming into the field to understand. My aim for this thread is to try and determine through reading personal accounts whether magick does in fact work. My logic is that if this proves to be so, I will be much more willing and motivated to delve into some of the more complex areas surrounding the subject.

Magick does work but not in the way it's sold to you.

Magick is best viewed as transpersonal psychology. It's kind of like installing additional software on a computer so you can access more functions on a computer. Magick allows you to work with the contents of your own mind, to relate to it by symbols and thereby alter it making you appear to 'magically' change.

So be analogy the masses are running windows 3.1 whilst magicians are running Windows 7.

I'll be doing a post on this in the very near future.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hmm.... a bit pedantic and pernickety, aren't we, Subject X? I bet you're a barrel of laughs in real life though, and not at all tiresome.

I'm not sure how the topic ended up in the Survival section, but I'm happy for it to be moved....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, Imhotepsol.

I'm a little bit confused by your enigmatic answer though.... So are you implying that we're all capable of certain acts, and magick merely facilitates these abilities? So in that case, what is the role of magick? So would you argue that's it is almost like a ceremonial placebo situation then? Do you have personal experience of this?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My advice- STAY AWAY from it- FAR away. You don't know what 'doors you will be open that won't
be able to close. I hav known far too many peopole who dabbled in such out of boredom or curiosity and
they were VERY sorry they did. Please don't mess with it- just drop the interest and move on to some
investigating of a subject that is not so dangerous.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thanks, Blessed1.

What kind of things were your friends dabbling in? And what happened to scare them off?
edit on 8-3-2011 by Millions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Imhotepsol makes some good points about the nature of magick.

I tend to think of most magick as prayer with props with effects that are real, though largely psychological. Note that I said largely psychological. I do have one significant story that could be seen as evidence of magick at work beyond the placebo effect. At the same time, I am careful to point out that correlation does not equal causality and the following story may simply be an epic tale of coincidence.

About 15 years ago, a coworker of mine came up to me and asked me if I was a "witch." I told her I sort of was and asked her why. She explained that she had a friend who said that she was planning on killing herself and wondered if I could cast a spell to stop her. This was odd since I was not especially vocal about my leanings at the time aside from wearing a pentacle pendant around my neck. Another example of synchronicity in the universe, things "happening for a reason" etc."

I gave her the usual talk about how conventional intervention would be far better than any magickal means, I might apply, but if she had a personal item from her friend, I would see what I could do. She explained that her friend was running with a messed up crowd of enablers and burn outs and that she felt that she didn't have the strength to stop her friend. Turns out she had a small notepad that they were writing to each other on at a nightclub the previous night. They apparently did this regularly because of how loud the music was. The note pad had the girl's handwriting explaining her plan to buy a bunch of (don't want to get censored) the injectable illegal compound that was a favorite of John Coltraine and Kurt Cobain and OD.

It was pretty much a perfect item for such work. I took the relevant paper home and used it in a pretty heavy duty binding spell that I had created. I gave the bundle to my coworker the next day, instructed her to keep it in a safe place.

That night, the girl in question had a friend drive her to the city and bought $300 worth of the compound in question. On the drive home, she suddenly opened the bag, dumped the stuff out the window of the moving vehicle and asked her friend to drive her to a hospital where she could check herself in for psych and substance problems.

Now again, I'm not calling this 100% proof that magick works. The girl could have just had a sudden unrelated bout of common sense. Still, a bona fide junkie pitching $300 worth of product out a window is some pretty serious common sense.

Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply, Imhotepsol.

I'm a little bit confused by your enigmatic answer though.... So are you implying that we're all capable of certain acts, and magick merely facilitates these abilities? So in that case, what is the role of magick? So would you argue that's it is almost like a ceremonial placebo situation then? Do you have personal experience of this?

I'm a reformed mystic so yes I do have a little experience with this.

Magick is a placebo but even science has proved that placebos work. I think what makes it work is the person focusing their intention towards a specific end. Whilst it may not allow you to vanish before someones eyes or conjure Cthulhu it will allow you to alter your personality and thereby your world view in accordance with the ritual.

I suppose it's the rituals ability to allow a person to temporarily step out side of themselves (from a mental perspective with the use of 'god' forms) and gain a clearer perspective of obstacles they face that makes it work but it very much runs on our natural capacity for change. Our minds and personalites for the most parts are the creation of the life we've had, the experiences we've gone through so to alter our selves we must use the same methods but in a highly directed fashion.

Irrespective of if we see gods, angels, gnomes or purple space monkeys the end effect is a marked difference within our minds or the personal (terrestrial microcosmic) realm to use magics terminology. By changing within we interact with the world differently and thereby the personal change has a more far reaching effect.
edit on 8/3/11 by Imhotepsol because: sure why not?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
we are talking about magic here arent we, is it spelt with a k on the end in the us as everyone else seems to spell it that way.

anyway if we are talking about magic then we must not forget the one and only Paul Daniels and his glamorous assistant and wife Debbie McGee.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Magick does work but not in the way it is portrayed in movies. There are a lot of people who claim to study the occult and some say they put it into practice but I feel that many of these people are deluding themselves and lack a true understanding of what it is and how it works.

Magick works because it offers a way for a practitioner to influence forces that many believe are random. Once you begin to study and truly understand what it is and how it works you will begin to notice it at work in many aspects of your life but not always in a way you would expect it. Sometimes it becomes evident when a string of very odd coincidences all work together to achieve your goal. It isn't about the rituals, the words, the clothes, the tools, its about the personal power of the practitioner, this is why you can't simply pick up a grimoire and preform a ritual like following a recipe in a cookbook.

You wanted examples and I have more than a few, people who have had bad things happen to them after crossing me or my family, stuff like that. Its really up to you, whether you believe it or not, but I'll tell you a story.

My fiance and I were camping in the woods upstate. On the last night a vicious storm blew in, thunder, lightening, heavy rain, strong winds, it was pretty rough. We had hoped it would clear up but, as the sky got dark, the storm showed no sign of relaxing. My fiance was freaking out so we decided to ditch the camp and head towards the small town that was nearby to look for more sturdy accommodations. It was late, dark, the storm was raging and the only hotel in this town was a small bed and breakfast. We made for the inn but found the door locked and couldn't see anyone inside. We stood there on the deck wondering what to do.

I should mention that I had created a Thor's hammer necklace to help protect me at times like this, I have found that it really came through in certain instances. Well, I gripped my Thors's hammer and tried to come up with a plan. At that moment a car drove up to the inn and two people got out. It turns out they were staying at the inn and happened to have keys to open it up. We explained out situation to them and they let us in. They told us that this was a busy weekend but they would talk to the inn keeper and see if she could help us.

The inn keeper came downstairs and told us that she had one room left, just for this night. We told her we'd take it and she brought us up stairs. As we were walking through the hallway I noticed that the decor was uniquely nordic themed. There were paintings and reliefs of long boats and clearly nordic people in armor. Even the inn keeper was of nordic ancestry and had a relatively comparable name. As soon as I saw this, I knew that it was my amulet, and the forces associated with it, that got us a room at the inn on that dark and stormy night.

Some people may think its just a coincidence, some people don't really believe me when I tell them this story, but my fiance and I both know it to be true. This is how I've found magick to work in my life, subtly, in unexpected ways but usually when I need it.

Thor got me a room at the inn, Jesus couldn't even do that for his own mother lol

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
we are talking about magic here arent we, is it spelt with a k on the end in the us as everyone else seems to spell it that way.

anyway if we are talking about magic then we must not forget the one and only Paul Daniels and his glamorous assistant and wife Debbie McGee.

Don't forget Wizbit the most powerful magician of them all.

www.youtube.com...

Ostagazuzulum FTW.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

They cast spells, performed seyonces (sp?) and messed with ouija boards. Horrible accidents happened to them- they saw and felt (everyone of them) the black shadow man ALL the time- each saw him seperatly from one another usually. They were haunted and tormented. Magick does work- regardless of what ANYONE and I mean ANYONE says, my friend, there is no such thing as 'good' and or 'white' magic- it is all bad and anyone that says otherwise is a wolf. Don't even screw with symbols that are known to be used in the occult- please just don't!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

cool video, i quite liked the highest rated comment on that

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blessed1

At the risk of sounding trollish seriously get a grip.

Those are the sorts of stories we used to pass around when we were teenagers and are nothing more then scare-mongering. Plenty of people who have nothing to do with the occult have seen the Shadow Man (or Top Hat Man as he's otherwise called).

Ouija boards are a toy that work by ideomotor control. The people are moving it but are not aware of moving it. If your friends are dabbling in the occult they already primed themselves psychologically for an experience to happen which their minds being the wonderful creative things they are oblidged happily.

There's literally billions of people who practice the occult, even if you're a Christian your method of Prayer and Devotional worship are occult forms adapted for religious practice. So unless your a staunch materialist atheist you are actively dabbling in the occult every day and just because the vast majority of the western population also practices it does not make it any less occult.

If you are going to warn people against things such as this then you should have at least have the decency to investigate things a little further then a few friends who're probably pot heads having a bad experience with mental forces they do not understand.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

LOL I didn't even read it till you mentioned it. I think that's going to be my new ATS signature.

"Paul Daniels is arguably, pound for pound, the Uk's greatest freestyle rapper"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hmm.... a bit pedantic and pernickety, aren't we, Subject X? I bet you're a barrel of laughs in real life though, and not at all tiresome.

No, I'm probably pretty tiresome in real life, too, on top of being pedantic and persnikety. Also, as I've been informed by other members, I'm a douche bag and a disinfo agent. Such is life, I guess. To quote the wise man:
"I am what I am"- Popeye the Sailor Man

I'm not sure how the topic ended up in the Survival section, but I'm happy for it to be moved....

I see it has been. No harm, no foul. I just thought it was an odd place for the topic.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks, RobertAntonWeishaupt - interesting story! So what's your understanding of what happened? What forces were you channelling? And if these forces can be used to save lives, is the opposite also true?

And Shadowflux - that's pretty amazing. I noticed though you also mentioned (mysteriously!) that some bad things happened to people who crossed you and your family.... What kind of bad things? And if you agree that Magick is almost like a placebo effect, does that mean that the same results can be obtained without the ceremonial aspects?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The best thing you can do if you're really interested in this is to just do it... It doesn't matter what people say on this forum, if you don't believe in your own magick, you've already defeated yourself.

If you take the time you need to prepare your rituals/spells and don't be lazy about it, or try to take shortcuts, I think you'll find magick works.

GL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join