It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religions in General, Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If religions were created by secret societies, would there even be an anti-christ or are they trying to pin a tail on a donkey, so to speak? There have always been courageous, intelligent men throughout history that stood up to tyranny. Now wouldn't these tyrants deem these men as problems and make all types of fabrications up?

The only thing religion really did for me was keep me under their spell, (before i even knew what religion was). Take a church building for example. Half of the people in these buildings are there to keep the other half in check and play them as pawns. They use hypnotic suggestions and trauma, along with your personal file they been keeping tabs on, as well as a stun gun. The stun gun makes you forget what they did to you. The process goes deeper than religion but the origin is control.

Don't just blame the catholic church for molesting their congregation. Keep your eyes on all religions. They have the same agenda and are working in cahoots (I'm talking about the half of the congregation that are just actors for the other half).

They love to use implant guns on people, with various types of "ammo". Everyone is linked up to computers so there are mind readers, literally reading the minds of people on secret computer systems. Some people even use a needle sticking through a lit cigarette to try to be secretive. You see, it's possible that these people already signed a contract with death and they don't care about humanity so they'll do what they're ordered to do. Target individuals, make up rumors and lies. The scum of the earth should not be in power over us but beneath our feet. Jesus would say something like that, lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I gotta say, most of your post was pretty random overall...from manmade anti-christs as a business decision, to mind reading and pins in cigarettes...sometimes its best to put down one or two clear points and go with that verses every random thought down in 3 paragraphs.

In saying that, I will say religion has always been in civilization, a means to control the working class. It allows the rulers to command hard work from the slaves..erm, I mean, citizens, and in return, if they don't do anything rash or anti-social, they will get treats after they die.

Its a brutal mantra, however, it has gotten us as a civilization where we are today in quick order. Religion is needed for the average minds of society whom would otherwise live in a destructive pattern, tearing apart some of the fabric of society in place of freedom (arguably anarchy).

Religion also employs standard tools for power..such as distorting the truth, lying, fearmongering, etc...hard to sell a religion that has no consequences if you simply don't believe.

Not selling - Bigfoot exists
Selling - And eats those whom do not believe in him
Very selling - And believers must give $2 to the church of bigfoot monthly, else be munched on

People claim they want freedom, however, they do not...they simply want to have a say in designing which box will contain them. Freedom of thought is feared

Ever wonder why atheists are the most "feared" group out there? Ever met a true atheist? They are normally quite peaceful and thoughtful...however, the fear stems from a free mind..we associate freedom with anarchy and chaos.

Finally, Religion is to personal spiritual growth what cars are to lawn maintenance...at best, its totally unrelated, if anything, it is damaging to it. Deny religion, seek personal connection to the cosmos, and free your mind.

And if you fear half the church congregation is acting...heres an idea...stop going to church..your mind is your church, and you can allow or deny admittance based on your whim

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's probably not a good idea to get too swept up in the idea of conspiracies. They undoubtedly to exist at all sorts of levels, but often times obsessions with unlocking the mysteries of them can lead to undending mazes of madness.

Religion is simply a natural offshoot of the division that came about by way of the initial creation of All that is, much like the branches of a tree.

Religion, when broken down to its basic denominator, is basically nothing other than division. And as division begets more division, more and more denominations are born. Whether or not this is all driven by earthly conspiracies or even higher dimensional conspiracies of advanced beings is not nearly as important as the idea of breaking free of the chains of division and returning to a state of Oneness.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow- I don't know what 'religion' you're talking about- mormons perhaps?I personally am a Christian- the operative word is 'Christ'- a follower of Christ. I agree with you in that many so-called religions focus on everything BUT having a personal one on one relationship with Christ- of course that would take focus off (the priest, pastor - whatever) themselves. Sheeple follow leaders like the pope- anyone that says or makes one feel that they can't know God unless a priest or pastor intervenes or if they pay money to the church- is an abomination. I used to belong to a southern baptist church, for 12 years in fact, one day the Lord opened my eyes to the way the church was run- comments hear and there that did not seem right to me- along with behavors and attitudes of members that simply digusted me, so I took my family and left. I was very, very involved and dedicated an imense amount of time, energy and money. Needless to say it was very hard to even think of going to another. A long, long while after attending many I did find a non-denominational church- 4 years ago and I still have not officially joined and I have not gotten involved in any activities or groups. I will keep it that way. I don't attend every Sunday but when I do go it is to worship God through hearing His word ( I have read the Bible and know what it says) and singing to Him. You can be 'religious' with anything- you can religiously brush your teeth everyday- it is something you do habitualy and consistently. You don't need to attend a church every Sunday to have a relationship with God- you don't need someone else to tell you what God says through their own interpretation, read it yourself- you can detect the wolves better when they try and lead you astray. P.s. Billy Graham IS a wolf as well

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EddieBee

Strangly enough, almost all religions on this dirty planet are taken and twisted from the Bible. At least the biggest religions in the world are: Catholics, mohammedans, cults, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It wouldn't make any sense if religion was created by secret societies. Religion existed for as long as humans existed. Since the beginning of time humans always believed that there are/is something bigger than us.
edit on 16-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I do not understand it is kind of all over the place and does not make much sense.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
yes,mankind has always believed there is something greater than us and yes the attitudes and beliefs are all over the place.based on my experience and studies on religion i found that as christianity moved westward the belief of God as an it and salvation became more of a belief of God as a him and a savior.we all have it in us to be Godlike as we were made in his image.the more good we do and the more peaceful we become the better off we will feel at the end,if you do more bad you will be less at peace with yourself.you don't need a church to tell you this,it's common sense. As for secret societies making up religion,I don't feel they would have made them up,but I believe at one time the truth was spelled out for us and for some reason parts of it were destroyed or hidden perhaps to control people or some other reason and I am certain some secret societies know more about what is to come and have been battling eachother over this knowledge.

top topics

join