It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Limbaugh’s parent company still using actors to fake radio call-ins, exec tells Raw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

The company responsible for syndicating big conservative radio names like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity has been using paid actors to call in to their radio shows.

According to a recent report in Tablet Magazine, Premiere Radio Networks, a subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications, hired actors to call in as guests.

This is really common practice for call in shows in general.

"Premiere On Call is our new custom caller service," the website said. "We supply voice talent to take/make your on-air calls, improvise your scenes or deliver your scripts. Using our simple online booking tool, specify the kind of voice you need, and we’ll get your the right person fast. Unless you request it, you won’t hear that same voice again for at least two months, ensuring the authenticity of your programming for avid listeners."

It's called playing to the audience. The network has researched to the inth degree what demographic the shows appeal to. Ratings and market share is a science. Get the advertising dollar and do whatever it takes; it's about money; not information.

"It seems as if the King has no clothes"
edit on 8-3-2011 by whaaa because: code ii

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When you listen to these shows long enough, you can absolutely tell who these callers are working for. They are put in there to steer the audiences' points of view towards their corporate interests, like with everything else we're exposed to on a daily basis, some of the corporate interests on TV & in the music industry are outright forms of child abuse in my opinion.
edit on 8-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It looks like you got it up first, so you get the star and flag.

Not surprising to me. Another similar thing is the 'reality' shows that overpopulate television today. A lot of the shows are about as far from reality as one can get without using psychoactive drugs.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So what? When do the leftwingers even offer a voice to conservatives other to laugh and deride them?
The nominally alternative medias' purpose is not to provide any functional alternative to disatisfied conservatives, rather it's to moderate and ultimately passify and control whatever dissatisfied that are created into a faction which can be easily controlled and rendered harmless to their less numerous adversaries. The fact that they ie Fox Beck Jones etc etc may point out actual facts and occurrences otherwise ignored or suppressed is less important than the fact that they channel any potential righteous indignation or dissent into a non functional dead end of passivity or irrelevance.
What do they each and every one suggest?
Unconditional financial support for support of a foreign nation.
Accept the authority of a ruling class not representative of the public.
Wait your turn and be nice about it.
Total support for the function of a corrupted political machine.
Where and when did any disenfranchised majority find redress and return to control of their own lands under such circumstances and actions?
Nowhere and never, and it's not gonna happen now.
Bet on it
edit on 8-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Not true. Jon Stewart, the voice of liberalism, treats his conservative guests with respect and consideration when they are there to talk to him. We do listen and respect people who are willing to discuss their ideas with us. We don't shout them down and tell them to shut up. Discourse is when two people talk, not when one harangues the other...

This is why Jon rocks and Bill O'Reilly doesn't.

Liberalism by definition includes tolerance of other views. Conservativism by definition seeks to preserve status quo.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Rush Spends 20 Minutes Blasting FCC and Premiere Radio's "On Call" Service

Rush Limbaugh spent a good part of his first half hour today discussing Premiere's "On Call" service, making sure everyone knew that nothing about his show was staged. Premiere's On Call service has been described as callers calling in to shows pretending to be real helping to enhance bits of the on-air talent. Rush discussed how the FCC pretty much ruined the caller bit when it required radio stations to notify callers they were being recorded immediately before rolling tape. Rush described a bit he did at a department store in his early years on the Radio that you could never get away with now because everyone, from the start, would be in on the joke.

Here is a portion of the transcript from Rush's show at the Link.

Didn't take him long to blast the FCC and Premiere Radio, better not protest too much, more lies in my opinion by Rush.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA

Not true. Jon Stewart, the voice of liberalism, treats his conservative guests with respect and consideration when they are there to talk to him. We do listen and respect people who are willing to discuss their ideas with us. We don't shout them down and tell them to shut up. Discourse is when two people talk, not when one harangues the other...

This is why Jon rocks and Bill O'Reilly doesn't.

Liberalism by definition includes tolerance of other views. Conservativism by definition seeks to preserve status quo.

From what I see, you and I have substantial differences in what constitutes respect. IF all you can point to is that single feeble and unlikely assertion, I contend that you still have to make your case to MY satisfaction, and not just YOURS.
EF ay aye el
edit on 8-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: spellung

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Look, whaaa, Rush's headline puts these rumors to rest. "We Don't Hire Actors to Call This Program". That poor man then had to go on and on about how he doesn't know if this happens on his show.

whaaa, it's people like you, with your vicious rumors, who make Rush talk on and on and on ....and on.....about a lot of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with what you accuse him of.

Now maybe tomorrow he can get back to talking on and on and on ....and on.....about a lot of stuff on which he has absolutely no depth of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Don't label Jon Stewart as the voice of Liberals! He is funny, he prepares better than anybody for the people he interviews, he is smart as hell, and is the most civil voice out there, whether comedic or serious...so is Colbert.

You Liberals don't get to claim Jon Stewart as being yours. Everybody that has any ability to think independently is going to be a fan of his. You can claim Maddow or Olbermann if you want.

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

What ever fine quality you can point to, Mr Stewart is nevertheless a quintessential liberal, ie pretty much everything he portrays himself as is a fraud or a front intended to deceive and misrepresent his motives. I see it, if you dont, well....
He claims validity and fairness FROM A PARODY SITE? The mans body language and what he discusses or chooses to ignore speak can fill encyclopaeias of disrespect and intentional immaturity and partisanship. WHere did he claim to be a serious journalist? I dont recall that he has. On its face this is disrespectful and intended to be played variably depending on the audience. A real man picks a side, a fraud plays differences to misrepresent and subvert as necessary, As a loquiter he's simply a masterbator. A mans task is not to prove or disprove another mans values and honesty it is ultimately to prove you own.
edit on 9-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: inspiration

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
, As a loquiter he's simply a masterbator. A mans task is not to prove or disprove another mans values and honesty it is ultimately to prove you own.

You see the hypocrisy here, right!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
So what? When do the leftwingers even offer a voice to conservatives other to laugh and deride them?

All the time. All the ATSers that constantly bash MSNBC always fail to at least note how many opposing views they have on the shows on that channel. Rachel Maddow had an entire segment with Michael Steele in studio last night. I am sure you know all you need to know about these shows from what you hear about them but your statement proves you have not even looked. Yes Rachel is a liberal but at least she has conservative guests on that disagree all the time. The same can be said for any other show on that channel. Dylan Rattigan, Lawrence O'Donnel, Chris Mathews, etc. The constantly have not just conservative guests but Tea Party and plain old right wing pundits all the time.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Makes total sense that he would be hiring people to reinforce his views. Sometimes when I listen in to his show to just raise my blood pressure intentionally I wonder to myself what kind of vidiot could agree with most of his garbage views.

new topics

top topics

join