It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Believes He’s Following Orders from the Lord

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
True Christians do not prove their faith by the words that pour forth from their mouths.

True Christians prove their faith by living a life that exemplifies the word of Christ.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

What is relevant is that he openly admits to hearing voices.

Can we please stop repeating this phrase as if it makes him seem like a wacko. I know of not one priest that feels that God doesn't speak to him and through him....many people of faith believe God has guided, quite deliberately, them throughout their lives, "hearing" God and feeling guided by God, is not the same as saying "voices told me to kill, kill, kill" which is exactly the correlation you are trying to make.

It does make him a wacko. Anybody who reports to a doctor that they are hearing voices is immediately suspect of mental health issues and in most cases are diagnosed appropriately. However, if we believe the voices people hear are that of a deity then we not only give them a pass on the mental health evaluation, we admire them and find them worthy of candidacy for office.

Those with irrational mindsets and possibly health issues can be extremely dangerous in political office. In recent history we've seen this with both Bushes, Reagan, even Carter. We have nine anti-evolution bills introduced currently in nine states. We have global warming deniers in office citing the bible as evidence against it and a senator from Arizona that insists the world is only 6,000 years old.

These people are wackos and need to be kept away from the polls and the offices of government.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They do have micro wave transmitters that sound like sound
IN YOUR BRAIN.
They are primarily destined for commercial use (as advertising for instance...)
after they have worn out their clandistine uses I guess.

Hey dip stick!
yep, it's GOD talkin!
edit on 11-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Republican/Democrats - love them or hate them - but that's the political reality of what we have to work with.
And so it makes far more sense to assume that "TPTB" would rather have people be the "sheeple" that pretend the two party system is a sham than they would have them actively take part in the decision processes.)

centurion, you and I may vigorously disagree on topics, but here is where we have some agreement. Yes, "actively take part in the decision processes".

However, I remember politics pre-1980, when the two parties could come together and compromise, work out a solution mutually acceptable. (And third plus parties had more viability [states and local] until about 1990's.)

Over the intervening years, compromise became a dirty word, and the GOP wanted one voice in their political message, no dissent allowed. The Democratic Party was made out to be weak, because they allowed for dissenting voices to be heard.

As I've said before, I agreed with an elderly GOP woman in 1980, but she said her voice was no longer being listened to at the convention.

Dissent is not only not weak, it is an American value, which others around the world want to have. Political action has been reduced to its lowest form, when it relies only on stealth, dirty tricks, and subterfuge.

We should all be coming together to root out corruption that has taken hold of our govt and corporations. Let churches bring us closer to God, government has no place in that function.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I'd like to know what this say's about those who vote for these people. A visit to the funny farm for hearing voices in your head? Nope, people vote you into office.

I'd like to suggest those doing the voting also need a visit to the funny farm.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I'd like to know what this say's about those who vote for these people. A visit to the funny farm for hearing voices in your head? Nope, people vote you into office.

I'd like to suggest those doing the voting also need a visit to the funny farm.

Harm None
Peace

Well, such people should really begin using their better judgment. Since THEY can't hear the voice of god they'll admire the ones who claim they can. Not only should they recognize the fallacious thought process involved here but they should be more than aware of such a blatant political lie.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I Believe him...well....kind of....
I think he believes that God has talked to him, and has instructed him on what to do.
I said a little bit about the little church I went to in TX in the mid 80's, and well, would like to tell the story again..
it was a good little church in the beginning, but well, an idea started to creep into the belief system, at least I think it was a new idea...
I call it the "name it and claim it" philosophy. basically, it's the idea that if you want something, and you pray to go, and "claim it" in God's name, with word and an act of faith...
well, then God will give you your desire...
I had a friend that bought into this idea and went out and signed a lease for this really, really nice apartment that he could never have afforded, and well, move out again in a few months, because he really couldn't afford it!
I live in an area where the rich kind of merged with the poor... one block would be modest homes and proverty, then the next block would be mansions. and well, I remember, I would walk down the street pass these big mansions, and it would be like a voice, outlining to me, just how the principle would work....I to, could have a mansion....
well, alot of people in the church I think we off and running, their sights on their chosen mansion.
then, well something else began to surface in the church....
bickering over the women's rule in the church started to be more abundent, and many of the more prominent members began to take notice....hey, our pastor was old, wasn't gonna last much longer, right...
well, they started competing with each other...not to mention backstab each other!!...for the pastor's favor, hoping that he would chose them for his replacement (years later, he chose his son....none of them got the trophy)...
well, was watching all this unfold in the church that had become my family, members were hurting members, members were alienated, and this wasn't God flowing thru the church.
something else came in, and well, used the lure of wealth to distract some, when that didn't work, it used the lure of power.....
my membership ended with the church shortly after I had a dream where one of these more prominent constestants for pastorship changed into a wolf while preaching....

I believe that what that voice told me while walking past those mansions has been used...
basically it went like this....
you take what god has given to you, and you keep it in god's kingdom, you buy your stuff from those within that kingdom, in a way that you are instructed to, and well, the god's kingdom will grow in power. and you will be trusted with more money, as you prove that you are willing to follow the instructions....
only the voice isn't go, it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. maybe it is the satan of the bible, maybe it is gov't technology that has been kept secret. but I do believe that something has entered mainstream christianity, and it is not god, although, my experience has proved to many that many christians did latch onto the deception.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join