It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Believes He’s Following Orders from the Lord

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well, if he's doing what he feels and knows is right, and if this is coming from his heart, who the hell are we to even question?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Besides, would it make anyone feel any better and would he have much more support if he said he was following orders from the other side?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Well said, thank you for that.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Wow, I didn't realize the Christian God was anti-union.

Seems like that's a bit contradictory to me...

The fact that the bible defends slavery ought to put that into perspective for you. The fact that many anti-union bible believing right-wing extremists either openly defend slavery, or or gloss over the history of slavery in the US or else do not repudiate it when given the chance, or accept every political doctrine and philosophy of the old confederacy while remaining strangely silent on the topic of slavery, ought to bring current events into sharp focus.

So after they get rid of the unions and minimum wage and "restore" the US constitution; after you've lost your job and your home and you cannot pay your rent, utilities, car, groceries (sorry, no more food stamps) or your children's private school tuitions what's left for you? Not to worry! The Koch Brothers have a "job" for you with free room & board, free utilities, free internet, and church every night! And your children will be well taken care of at military school. How could you pass up such an opportunity?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Do we continue to forget that in 1933, Hitler abolished the unions?
Does this not even give them pause?
Did he do is for budgetary reasons?
Was he just having a bad day?
No. THEY STOOD IN THE WAY OF THE THIRD REICH.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder
reply to post by Liquesence

Here's a God-less man who recently STABBED a football player.

"A Lombard man who spent time in prison for attempted murder was held on $250,000 bail Monday after being charged with stabbing a North Central College football player working at a Naperville bar early Sunday."

articles.chicagotribune.com... ootball

Seems Jesus Christ and a little "love one another and humbleness" instilled in his belief system may have prevented this no?

No. If he had Jesus in his life his violence would have probably been directed at a homosexual. You should go visit one of the many gay bashing threads around here and see if you can get them to try the "love one another and humbleness" approach.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

This nation was founded under GOD.

That's the myth, isn't it?

The first pilgrims came here seeking freedom from religious persecution.

The pilgrims were christians, yes.

The framers were all hardcore Christians. IT is pretty clear in the declaration of independence that we get our rights from GOD, and NOT man or a king.

The DOI refers to a "creator". Such references expose the founders' Deism, which is most certainly not christian or relative to any religion.

Despite their personal beliefs the founders had the good sense to keep religion completely out of the foundation of our country and separate from government.

Read up on Georgia Washington, he had a very close relationship with God.

So what?

If you don't know Jesus yet, ask Him to come in to your life.

Jesus, if he ever existed, is dead. Though he had some radical ideas for his time he frequently dispensed horrible advice.

Stop spreading the inaccurate myth that America is or was founded upon christianity, religions or deities.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I can see why that might bother you.

Still kind of a stretch to equate your personal experience with the governor of Wisconsin.

I did no such thing and the governor of Wisconsin has no parallel to my personal experiences.

It's understandable that this political ad hominem story might upset you, particularly if you have allegiance to the political right. However, it should also upset you that such an individual has either no understanding or respect for the concept of keeping religion and government separate. Even worse, that he has a delusion of being spoken to and controlled by an invisible 2,000 year old zombie god.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder
reply to post by Liquesence

No, you and some others may be losing it, but not everyone is.

I will provide you with a few examples, out of the many, of people who do not have God in their lives who are losing it and of people who's lives were saved because they invoked God and are obviously "gaining it" instead of losing it.

Major failure on your part in assuming you know what god is giving Walker advice. Are you sure the voice whispering in his ear is the same god you think it is? When Bush's god told him to invade Iraq, was that the same god? Is it the same god that told that man in Syracuse to lock kidnapped girls in his basement for years? Maybe it is the same god that told Hitler his people were special? Maybe it is not even a god. I have no shortage of examples of people that claim to have a relationship with god that will tell me that Satan or demons will try talking to us to trick us.

You seem pretty sure that when some guy you do not know says he is talking to god, then he must be talking to the right god and all his decisions from that will be good ones. I have no idea how you can be so sure that he is even hearing from any god, let along the god you hope it is.

When a politician claims he gets his orders from god, then he can do all manner of crazy things and justify with no real justification. He can just say you are arguing with his god.

Until his god shows up to a mic and gives a press conference, I am having a little trouble assuming this man is getting his advice from that perfect god that Christians seem to think exists outside their heavily edited books and heavily parsed sermons.

I will be waiting for evidence of exactly which god he is getting his advice from. You seem pretty sure about his god so hopefully you have that evidence? Maybe not?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Even 80s punk rockers know the deal

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

reply to post by maybereal11

So ...

Which of your "research items" when compared to current and past elected officials disqualifies Walker to be governor?

Well if this thread was about every Govenor that ever held office you might have a point.

This thread is about Walker.

It is not my position that any politician should be excused for his ignorance or religious fanaticism simply becuase we might find another politician, past or present, that is equally as guilty.

Odd logic....or more accurately...a desperate debate tactic...this OP is about WALKER.

He brings his religious fanaticism to his workplace.

Not all religions are bad, but religious fanaticism has no place in polttics.

Here...just ask a Christian website about Walkers beliefs..

Roman Catholic bishops came out on the side of the unions, urging the governor to protect worker's rights. Many mainline pastors, including Lutherans, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Methodists, Congregationalists, and American Baptists have written letters, issued statements, and preached sermons supporting labor, unions, and collective bargaining. In Madison, interfaith prayers and proclamations have upheld and encouraged the teachers, police, firefighters, and other public employees in their resistance to the governor's plan to break their union.

This is an impressive religious group by any standards--particularly so in Wisconsin where traditional faith still plays an important role in the life of a large number of its citizens. Wisconsin is almost evenly split between the three largest American religious groups: 29% are Roman Catholics; 24% are evangelical Protestants; and 23% are mainline Protestants.

Yet none of these prayers or sermons has swayed Scott Walker. He has steadfastly stayed on his original course, unfazed by the full weight of Roman Catholic authority or the mainline social justice tradition pressing upon him and urging him toward compromise and change.

Scott Walker is neither Roman Catholic nor a mainline churchgoer. The son of a Baptist pastor, born in Colorado Springs, the heartland of the Religious Right, Walker is a member of Meadowbrook Church in Wauwatosa, a non-denominational evangelical church.

Meadowbrook's statement of faith, a fairly typical boilerplate of conservative evangelical theology, includes beliefs in biblical inerrancy, sin, exclusive salvation through Christ, and eternal damnation.

His spiritual universe is that of 20th century fundamentalism, in its softer evangelical form, a vision that emphasizes "me and Jesus" and personal salvation.

This is the same sort of evangelical spirituality that shaped George W. Bush--and led to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Once you know God's direction, no change is allowed. Doubt opens the door to failure. Obeying Christ's plan is the only option. In this theological universe, hard-headedness is a virtue, compromise is the work of the Devil, and anything that works to accomplish God's plan is considered ethically justifiable.

In other words, the Catholic bishops and mainline pastors--as well as the Quakers, Jews, Buddhists, and others--who have been trying to convince the governor to shift course are pretty well preaching in the wind. Other than David Koch (fake or otherwise), Walker is listening to One Person and One Person only: Jesus speaking directly to him. God, evidently, has directed him on his current path. Scott's just trusting and obeying. He bears no responsibility other than that.

Unlike the Roman Catholics and traditional Protestants who have spoken on behalf of the laborers, Walker has no spiritual "check" on him, no authority other than the ones he hears in his own head, and no moral culpability in this situation. He's the good Christian soldier, just following God's lead.

And this is why Scott Walker's religion is actually dangerous in the public square. Because it lacks the ability to compromise, it is profoundly anti-democratic.

Read more: blog.beliefnet.com...
edit on 9-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
UNIONS LOSE! (as I predicted)

source

Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted Wednesday night to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers after discovering a way to bypass the chamber's missing Democrats.

All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker's so-called "budget repair bill" - a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall.

The Senate requires a quorum to take up any measures that spend money. But Republicans on Wednesday split from the legislation the proposal to curtail union rights, which spends no money, and a special conference committee of state lawmakers approved the bill a short time later.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well, if he's doing what he feels and knows is right, and if this is coming from his heart, who the hell are we to even question?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

No, I'm tired of that "if it feels good, do it", moral relativism way of thinking.

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.
Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oh Lord (smh)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
God Walker has spoken. His power and authority reign supreme, all must submit or be punished. He must feel full of himself now for doing God's will in Wisconsin.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
God Walker has spoken. His power and authority reign supreme, all must submit or be punished. He must feel full of himself now for doing God's will in Wisconsin.

Or more accurately, The Wisconsin electorate has spoken.

I guess you can either call on God, or wait until the next election to change things back.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The last time I checked, there is nothing wrong with somebody in public office to practice his or her faith. The problem I see here is that it appears as if he is trying to gain a certain demographic's support by making sure people know it.

What I find more disturbing is the double-standard I see from both the left and the right on this. For example, conservatives here defend him yet chastise Muslims for practicing their religion and the liberals on here chastise him for practicing his religion yet will defend any non-Christian person of faith. Just an observation.

That said, I'm not even convinced he is sincere about his faith and am more inclined to believe it's for PR.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
The last time I checked, there is nothing wrong with somebody in public office to practice his or her faith. The problem I see here is that it appears as if he is trying to gain a certain demographic's support by making sure people know it.

What I find more disturbing is the double-standard I see from both the left and the right on this

So, you are saying you object to political pandering?

You can't like the democrats at all then - unless it's just OK whne they do it ...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What I find more disturbing is the double-standard I see from both the left and the right on this

So, you are saying you object to political pandering?

You can't like the democrats at all then - unless it's just OK whne they do it ...

Wow, you really are fooled by this whole left/right thing. Can't you just be a normal freakin' human?! You know, the kind with original opinions? The kind whose every thought isn't derived from the talking heads they hear on TV?

If you are sold out to either side, you are losing the battle and are right where both sides want you.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Cuervo because: Sleepy

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

What I find more disturbing is the double-standard I see from both the left and the right on this. For example, conservatives here defend him yet chastise Muslims for practicing their religion and the liberals on here chastise him for practicing his religion yet will defend any non-Christian person of faith. Just an observation.

Do you perhaps have examples of Liberals defending any religious person of any faith for infusing their religion into politics?

I am considered pretty liberal around these parts and I would feel the same way if Walker were saying he got his orders from Allah, Zeus, or a lampshade as I do about what he did say.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Do you perhaps have examples of Liberals defending any religious person of any faith for infusing their religion into politics?

I am considered pretty liberal around these parts and I would feel the same way if Walker were saying he got his orders from Allah, Zeus, or a lampshade as I do about what he did say.

No, I don't have any examples any more than I have specific examples of large people eating fast food; it's simply a theme I've noticed.

I wasn't attacking anybody. I got the reaction I suspected, though: when I say something that's pretty in-the-middle, I get attacked by the left and the right at the same time

It's all fake, guys!
edit on 9-3-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join