It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia's 'Day of Rage' Lures Record Bets on $200 Oil: Chart of Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia's 'Day of Rage' Lures Record Bets on $200 Oil: Chart of Day

www.infowars.com

Options traders are betting more than ever that crude oil is heading to $200 a barrel as some websites call for a “Day of Rage” in Saudi Arabia and anti- government protests spread in the Middle East and North Africa.
The CHART OF THE DAY shows open interest, or the number of outstanding contracts, for “call” options to buy New York crude for June delivery at $200 a barrel. The number has escalated, along with crude futures, to the highest since the options started trading in July 2009 amid worsening civil unrest in Libya and rare demonstrations in Saudi Arabia.
“If you look at the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia produced 9.71 million barrels a day in 2009, one-third of OPEC output and almost six times as much as Libya, according to BP Plc’s Statistical Review of World Energy. Websites have called for a nationwide “Day of Rage” on March 11 and March 20, Human Rights Watch said Feb 28. Protests in five of the kingdom’s eight immediate neighbors have prompted King Abdullah to boost spending on housing, social welfare and education to curb unrest in his country.

“The price of oil is going to go up, whether you like it to or don’t,” said Juerg Kiener, chief investment officer at Swiss Asia Capital Ltd. in Singapore. “If Saudi Arabia fails, then I say you have a fire in the house. They gave out $30 billion of money so maybe they’ll buy time. But I don’t see the problems disappearing.”

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If Oil works all go to work and the SA gov't doesn't collapse and/or isn't threatened...
Then why would this go to 200$ a barrel.

I made a thread about this too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It's a done deal, staged event called "the middle east double cross" so the states can produce its own oil for 200/barrel as long as texes does not leave lol suprised they don't sell tickets and make into a mobile media event

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It's a done deal, staged event called "the middle east double cross" so the states can produce its own oil for 200/barrel as long as texes does not leave lol suprised they don't sell tickets and make into a mobile media event

^ I heard about that from Lindsey Williams. Scary. It's odd, I live in Alberta Canada and we have just as much oil as Iraq here.. 2nd largest reserves in the world. However, its hard as **** to drill and extract from sand and send it to the U.S to refine then back here to sell .lol

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Infowars.com. Enough said.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Laugh if you will but if Saudi goes up like Libya you won't be laughing at the gas pump. Lot of money to be made by traders that's for sure. Cost of everything will skyrocket out of control. Three days from now after prayers we will know if the world will change. Global meltdown is imminent and this could be the trigger.

Saudi Arabia was yesterday drafting up to 10,000 security personnel into its north-eastern Shia Muslim provinces, clogging the highways into Dammam and other cities with busloads of troops in fear of next week's "day of rage" by what is now called the "Hunayn Revolution". Saudi Arabia's worst nightmare – the arrival of the new Arab awakening of rebellion and insurrection in the kingdom – is now casting its long shadow over the House of Saud.

Provoked by the Shia majority uprising in the neighbouring Sunni-dominated island of Bahrain, where protesters are calling for the overthrow of the ruling al-Khalifa family, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is widely reported to have told the Bahraini authorities that if they do not crush their Shia revolt, his own forces will.

It will be interesting to see what obama does when the saudi's start slaughtering folks.

link

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
lol They make a barrel of oil for $16.00 than sell it for $200 Its good scam, really that's what it is all about!
As each generation grows up the better the scams.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Infowars.com. Enough said.

enough said huh.....no not really, what a pointless comment.
This could be scary if SA falls into turmoil, I am hoping it is all just hype,
but I have a bad feeling that its not

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

And your privy to more in depth information? Why not enlighten us? Or are you one of the parasites that likes to troll around??? My guess is the latter~

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There has been news reports that police have fired on a rally in Saudi Arabia

www.marketwatch.com...

I don't know why oil is down so much today when all this is going on and the Dow has fallen over 200 points.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

yeah i know, DOW is down -228 points right now, nearly 2%. Actually7like 1.87% I think. But close enough.

Good news is that oil is down 2%!

top topics

join