It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite Zombie movie?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The second Dawn of The Dead

The Return of the Living dead........comedy classic

Does The Bruce Cambel Evil Dead movies count?

Of course the Night of the living dead.......1st was the best

28 days

The Walking Dead series

Does CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc count as Zombie Movies?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Meant to add that Walking Dead series was pretty cool as well..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Return of the Living Dead.... Classic!

I love zombie movies, but that has to be my favorite.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I just can't get into Walking Dead series. Maybe it's because I know the main cop guy is actually British and his accent is poor.
Maybe because I've seen zombies done so much better and because i've seen drama done so much better.
And trust me, it should be the exact kind of thing to hook me in (being the "Lost/Heroes" fan that I was) but it just doesn't work for me.

Now I love Dawn OF the Dead (Original- remake was poor).
And most other older ones.

Shaun of the Dead.
Zombieland.

IDK there's too many for me to think of them all.
I also love Dead Rising games and cannot wait for DR2: Off The Record.
Dead ISland should be good too.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I love Zombie movies!

But I'm not too hot on the "newer" ones.
I did think Survival of the Dead was decent, Diary was lame, and Land was OK.

Of the Romero's, Day is my fave.

But overall fave is:

Hell of the Living Dead.

Then,
Zombie Holocaust
Zombie 2
Dawn of the Dead
Burial Ground
Nightmare City

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well, I consider that Evil Dead 1 and 2 are zombie films, because they are, they are about zombie apocalypse but there are zombies. Behind them are the George Romero classics Night of the Living dead and Dawn of the dead, and also Day of the dead, that isn't that bad as many people said. A honorable mention is Braindead.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Top 2- original Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the dead. The Dawn remake was good but not as 'personal'.. too many characters I didn't care about, and a few other things.

Return of the Living dead is awesome, as well.

This is kind of a zombie movie- its called Demons, its an Italian horror movie. I say its like a zombie movie just because the Demons infect humans, and they turn into demons and what-not..

Most of the suggestions everyone has said are awesome movies, can't go wrong with them.. a few I need to check out though.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

28 days later here also.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't know if it counts or not but Army of Darkness will always be my favorite horror film of all time, hey walking skeletons and the walking dead can be zombies right? Another one would have to be a Swedish film called Dead Snow or something like that anyways, walking nazi zombies and some really great special effects, love it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I echo all you say,an was much disappointmented in the 2nd.
I must admit though,I still av nightmares about looking through my spyhole and a zombie suddenly jump up into view.gets me everytime.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I Haven't seen it in a while but there was a short film called "Night of the living Jews" that was pretty corny/funny.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

olny the 1978 dawn of the dead is real. the remake was ok but it should have been called something else IMO. day of the dead is the best of the dead sereies. dead alive is a great splatter comedy. to many to think of but zombieland was ok the first time i saw it. now it just annoyies the # outtaq me

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
also 28 days later is NOT a zombie movie. there not dead, they dont eat the living, and you can kill them as you could kill a normal human being. NOT a walking corpse not a zombie movie

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
In all seriousness dawn of the dead (original and remake), then return of the living dead pt 2, Demons, night of the living dead, video dead, zombie apocalypse and zombies of war... I love zombie movies fav of all time!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

Tomatoes/tomatoes....

Many just consider it a variant of zombie. No, not a walking corpse, but the same idea of throngs of infected former humans who are now mindless killing machines trying to get the living.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'd have to say Shaun of the Dead.

But 28 Days Later (whatever, it's still classed as a zombie film whether they've got the Rage virus or are dead) and Zombieland are in my top...

edit on 14/6/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Zombieland surprised me...didn't expect it to actually be good, but those "rules" are classic.

I have to agree with almost all of them.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Rule #3.
Beware of bathrooms.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not sure if this qualifies as a zombie movie, but Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the one with Donald Sutherland) was a good movie. I also liked "I am Legend" with Will Smith.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
REC

Saw REC 2 yesterday, wasn't as good as the first. Well, when I saw "good" I mean "scary"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join