It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite Zombie movie?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For me, while the original Night of the Living Dead is a true classic, I still like Dawn of the Dead the best (where they are trapped in the mall). I especially loved the news updates, and the opening scene before the opening credits...where she's driving through the chaos.

I've been kind of on a little crusade to devour every zombie flick I can find anyhow, so curious to see others' picks. Special mentions go to Zombieland and Fido though..both great movies. Zombieland is recent and pretty mainstream...but Fido is a bit more obscure.

Basically, it's set in a 50's like time setting, where there was a zombie war, and we won, and tamed the zombies, using them for manual labor, etc. This story is about a boy and his pet zombie. It's even weirder than it sounds.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

BRAINDEAD!!!!!! ALL THE WAY!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Schindler's List....

You don't see walking/ talking/ obedient zombies like that in movies very often. I'm looking forward to the American version coming soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
DAWN OF THE DEAD 2004 version
(and the reason I fell in love with Cash)

followed by Romero's The Land Of The Dead

The Night Of The Living Dead would be out-of-contest to me
I mean, unbeatable

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
28 days later..I'm not sure why, But it had a eerie atmosphere, that unfortunately they could not re-create for the second film..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
my favorite has changed with the winds, but have always been my genre of choice. zombie movies are flippin cool.

1. The Walking Dead tv series was completely awesome. (can be seen on project-free tv)
2. 28 days/weeks
3. Dawn of the Dead
4. old dawn of the dead.
5. zombieland

there are quite a few to watch on netflix, but unfortunately there have been alot of low budget and crappy flix in the last few years that are too lame to watch.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Zombieland.

That cameo with B.M. was over-the-top hilarious.

"Is that how you say hello where you come from?"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The original Dawn of the Dead. I enjoyed the remake, but it did not have the same "feel" as the original.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You can't go wrong with the original Night of the Living Dead. There's so much going on in that movie including symbolism & social commentary.

Simon Pegg is hilarious and I loved Shaun of the Dead.

Agree with the poster above, 28 Days Later has such a sense of atmosphere & tension.

So funny I saw this thread, my FB status today is: A zombie boyfriend will love you for your brains, not your body.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Original dawn of the dead. Its just so scary on many levels. Zombies, isolation, the creations of their own prison inside the mall. Besides I live like 15 minutes from there too.

If you want a good zombie comedy or just something different Check out Takashi Miikes ( Ichi the Killer Directors) Tokyo Zombie.www.imdb.com...

Or The Devils Playground its British www.imdb.com...

edit on 8/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: afterthought

edit on 8/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: nm

edit on 8/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: nm

edit on 8/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
my favorites are the original night of the livind dead followed by the original dawn of the dead, then shaun of the dead, and fido is also a good movie and the remake of dawn of the dead,

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
absolutely, i bought fido just because i love zombie movies and couldn't believe how absolutely impressed i was by the entire thing... i still have that song "she's 99 pounds of dynamite.." run through my head at least once a week

and 28 days later, wonderfully written and there is just that creepy air to the movie, it makes it seem like it would be so easy to see this come of the world...

the walking dead series on amc is absolutely terrific too...

and the 04 dawn of the dead...

and of course zombieland was hilarious...
Tallahassee: I'm not great at farewells, so uh... that'll do, pig.
Columbus: That's the worst goodbye I've ever heard. And you stole it from a movie.

but i would have to say my absolute favorite would HAVE to be.... drum roll please, as if i'm sure no one has mentioned it already (although i know they have)... SHAUN OF THE DEAD

oh and i thought the 1st resident evil was very well done also, the other ones were okay, but the 1st one had the fright factor figured out pretty well, quite like some of the games
edit on 8-3-2011 by schitzoandro because: add a movie

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Undead or Alive for a good Zombie Comedy. 28 days later for a thriller.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days do have a special place in my heart. SotD was simply brilliant (and already on it's way to cult status). I think what made 28 Days so creepy was definitely the music. Of course, the fast zombie idea also added a new element of terror. I know, I know, some argue it isn't a zombie movie, because they weren't reanimated corpses, but really? It pretty much was a zombie flick. The sequel was pretty good too.

Of course, any Romero flicks are good zombie flicks.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The original Dawn of the Dead.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

Been years since I've seen the original. I have to look for that to add to the collection.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Has anyone seen the zombie short film " I'll SeeYou in My Dreams " ? I saw it on the Fantasia Film Festival's Small Gauge Trauma dvd, and really liked it. 28 Days Later is probably my favorite though! Kill zombies! Go shopping. Kill zombies! Have a nice picnic. Kill zombies!...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I would have to say night of the living dead and land of the dead are my two faveorite movies

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I saw the Day of the Dead remake last night, and whoa! What's with zombies that can jump and climb like ninjas? Sorry, but I'd be checking out of that scenario... Yet, for all this dexterity, these zombies can't shoot straight? (as if shooting zombies weren't bad enough).... Weird take on it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Shaun of the Dead
28 Days Later
Zombi
Original Dawn of the Dead "I see you chocolate man)
The remake of Night of the living dead was quite good as well

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join