It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to protect yourself when SHTF in UK/country where guns are banned?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A friend of mine who comes from a military family has an older air rifle and you'd be surprised how powerful it is.
When we were teenagers we used to go to this old river where there are a lot of burned out cars and once we were down there a gang of thugs came down there was probably 10 of them against two of us and as soon as they heard the bolt crack on that old .22 they were out of there!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i have been into shooting for years here deep in the south wales valleys and youd be suprised how many people around here has guns!
kids as young as 10 are getting shotgun licences here in the uk.....why?.... because its an olympic sport!
i have my weihrauch 97carbine and its the most reliable springer gun i have ever owned .its abit heavy but so accurate over most distances.
so when the s does htf and all my mates have used all the air in their stealths (google these they can be pushed to stupid ft lb power!!!) and are looking for more ill be sat in my gillie suit with everything i need and my trusty 97k picking off anybody trying to get close to my hideout ;-)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Let's liberate the gunpowder!

and the rookies ??! lol

Or better still, befriend some of the witches, I'm sure some of their spells would be far more potent

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

Let's liberate the gunpowder!

and the rookies ??! lol

Or better still, befriend some of the witches, I'm sure some of their spells would be far more potent

well, perhaps we can kill 2 birds with one stone then in Lewes, I still think they have one or more witches in their council..
come to think of it, not sure I want to thieve from them now
might end up as a frog

Change of plan, If Hastings BB can manage a fire works display last year that had enough of the black stuff to create a fireball mushroom clouds then perhaps their stocks would be better...

Ah, Rookies are bangers... Hmmm... I think I may have lived in the Ouse Valley too long
not good for a Brightonian..

edit on 9/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ah screw it ! rolled up copy of the Argus it is then

I'm sure its as good as any gun

Better still the schocking headlines would passibly paralyse, so perhaps just read them out, and then duck for cover, oh what am I saying ? ok officially lost the plot now.

SHTF = me lost

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
i have been into shooting for years here deep in the south wales valleys and youd be suprised how many people around here has guns!
kids as young as 10 are getting shotgun licences here in the uk.....why?.... because its an olympic sport!
i have my weihrauch 97carbine and its the most reliable springer gun i have ever owned .its abit heavy but so accurate over most distances.
so when the s does htf and all my mates have used all the air in their stealths (google these they can be pushed to stupid ft lb power!!!) and are looking for more ill be sat in my gillie suit with everything i need and my trusty 97k picking off anybody trying to get close to my hideout ;-)

What damage could a Weihrauch 97 carbine air rifle do to a man? And would you advise the 177 or 22..?
Also is the Weihrauch you mention the rifle with the cocking arm slung beneath the barrel?
Cheers in advance...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Well brother, I've a few illegal things here in case. Guess it depends.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Dang it. Hit the post button before I was finished.

What would you risk to save and protect someone you love? I'd do anything; I can only be killed once. I have a nephew who has taught me amazing things, how to make explosives. What a smart kid.

Again, I'd do anything to keep those I love safe. Including risking jail time. I think freedom happens when you just don't care what happens to you anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As a fellow Brit I'm slightly depressed to see the amount of fallacies believed by people posting in this thread. I'll go through some of them

Originally posted by clintdelicious
The title explains what im asking really. Here in the UK getting a gun is not an option unless you have a lot of land and even then they are very limited capacity and power.

Wrong - google gain a shotgun license - shotgun licenses are the easier of the gun license to obtain and you do not require land to own one.

BUT, I have also got a full power Air Pistol .22 which is completely legal to own and use on your land / property or a friendly farmers field.

Legally an air pistol is restricted to 6 lb/foot - which at anything other than point blank range probably wouldnt even break skin.

air rifles exist in calibers all the way up to .50

Air rifles are restricted to .22 and .177 calibers - all others require a section one fire arms license.

What i would do is join a Medieval Reenactment group.
Then get a English Longbow

Bows, or crossbows, are perfectly legal to own in the UK without annoying the various re-enactment groups by using them as 'cover'. Join an archery club if you dont have access to land to practice archery, you will need to practice as even the most accurate weapon is only as accurate as the user

That reminded me of my old neighbour who made his own pellets (well sort of) he look the normal pellets from his air pistol and held it with pliers and then took a very sharp screw and literally screwed it through so that the point was sticking out, leaving the flat part of the screw flush with the pellets base. No idea how accurate this would be, but it looked like it would be awfully painfull to get shot by it

The accuracy will be appalling, seriously seriously appalling

The chance to live. Guns are for cowards , i understand everyone has different views, but I am adamant that having a gun in times of turmoil aint a good idea.

Sorry, no polite way of putting this, but your dangerously misguided. If you cant see why arming yourself in time of disturbance then I doubt I or anyone else can convince you

I could never kill another human being, that is why I will hide in the mountains

I'm assuming your a Brit here - what mountains? Take a look at the size of the UK then have a look at the population size. The only truly remote parts of this country are some parts of the Scottish Highlands. Their remote for a reason, they are incredibly bleak making them very hard, if not impossible to survive in long term. All the other various moors and heath lands are all within at the minimum of 2 days walk by a fit person to a major city. Long and short is - UK is very crowded, in a major disturbance the UK will turn very nasty very quickly and the odds are you will face a kill or be killed situation.

there are literally tens of thousands of swords, polearms, maces around here

You make a good point here, but have you ever used a really sword, by real I don't mean the aluminum ones that are commonly sold. To be competent with a sword you need to practice with someone who has that knowledge.

Sorry if all this sounds harsh, its not meant to - I just get a little wound up by the inaccuracies bandied around

edit on 11-6-2011 by RobinGood because: edit

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Guess what genius? If you meet someone with a gun and you don't have one you'll still be shot at, you just won't be able to shoot back. You'll probably just strip down, surrender your gear, and walk away. Isn't that what the .gov teaches you limeys to do when confronted by bad guys? Guns are for people who want to be prepared, not cowards.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by allisit
reply to post by clintdelicious

If you break into the armoury your taking a chance of getting caught. Seems they have some sort of surveillance on it. Plus the fact you just told the whole world you know about it puts raiding the armoury even more dangerous. Just get your weapons from the streets. If you are worried you may be dealing with an official inlist a friend hwo has some knowledge on this. I wish you the best in arming your self

ATTENTION: Opsec rule #1 has been broken.

In all honesty, go through the paper work to get a shotgun. I know it's a lot, but i don't foresee you holding off attackers for to long with an air pistol.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I always thought you couldn't eat Seagulls.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

I've never tried it but I've heard they taste pretty nasty. Commercial fisherman call them "rats with wings".

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
We call it COMSEC in the US.Announcing emergency covert plans has negated their execution.
I have 7 guns I'm good with knives and H2H combat.....not really cowardly.
You have to be in a war zone to know how foolish it is to run and hide.That's how mass graves get filled.Fight,attack any ambush,violently protect all innocent people if you can,yes even this guy who hates guns.....maybe he can cook.
oh and................DON'T CALL THE PEOPLE OF ENGLAND LIMEYS!
You wouldn't believe how much they do on behalf of their nation in support of ours and any self respecting man should know better.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
As I have no idea where to get a gun from when the proverbial hits the fan. I have my own weapon, equally effective. My home made pies. As I've never been a good pastry maker, they are always rock hard. Stealth attack,then whack......... job done

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

I'll have to drop a knowledge bomb on my dad so. He told me they were poisonous.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
An air pistol or air rifle is good for breaking wet paper targets and knocking over empty aluminum cans.
thats about it really!!

If you were to plink away at an attacker with one, that attacker is going to react by cussing you out and then pistol whipping you before he shoots you for being silly.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Atleast get yourself some contacts on where and how to get weapons. So you know where to go when SHTF

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Just like you I've beeen thinking about an alternative for a gun. Here in Holland it is also forbidden to own a gun without a permit. For the people who do not know.....a permit can only be requiered if you are a senior member of a shooting range, which will take a long time....or to become a cop.

Anyways....the crossbow should not be underestimated when it comes to deadly force. It is a single shot weapon and it will take some time to reload but if you have not the acces to a gun I sauy the crossbow is the best next thing.

Next on my list is a katana...a samurai sword. This mainly for personal protection....it is intimidating and if you decide lethal if there is someone so stupid to pull a knife on you.

For hunting ducks, rabbits and other smal game the crossbow would do the job and will I rely on my Crosman American Classic pumpaction 1377 handpelletgun. It is one of the moswt powerful pelletguns available....and it is affordable. Having a supply of pellets is something to be sure of tho...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If the SHTF in the uk - complete social collapse - your main chance of survival will be as part of a med size community that is able to defend itself from several hundred strong, roving gangs of maruaders.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join