It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to protect yourself when SHTF in UK/country where guns are banned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by antar

I would not recommend trying to make and use your own shurikens due to the fact that if they're not balanced they will not be accurate at all, regardless of how good you are with them. Good throwing knives aren't that expensive though and with a bit of practice are extremely deadly and best of all, reusable. You can pick up a decent pair for $30-40. The point of good throwing knives are incredibly sharp and are quite deadly when used as a regular knife too. I've sliced open my hand on accident by simply touching the point of my knives.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Theres far too much risk involved in that, You will end up in prison for at least 2 years if caught with one. Also the people you have to deal with to get one might rip you off and certainly arn't clued up on how to maintain them. An old neighbour of mine who was veyr dodgy brought a gun illegaly and tried to use it to defend himself and it didnt work. He later found out that it hasd been left out in the rain overnight in a bag. Luckily he's a heavywieght boxer and Irish strongman champion so he was ok.

This is just one example though of people who are out there that you might have to defend yourself against. Even with a sword or heavy melee weapon I would not be at all happy taking on someone like this, There are a lot of dangerous people out there and if TSHTF they will be the ones stalking people for resources

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You can't legally buy a shotgun or rifle here in the UK without going through a whole load of paperwork, police visits and checks etc.

An Air Rifle / Pistol can still be deadly and is easy to obtain, can't order online though!

If somebody tries to loot your property, point a gun (even an airgun) at them with a laser sight that puts a red dot on their chest and they won't want to hang around long!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
You can't legally buy a shotgun or rifle here in the UK without going through a whole load of paperwork, police visits and checks etc.

An Air Rifle / Pistol can still be deadly and is easy to obtain, can't order online though!

If somebody tries to loot your property, point a gun (even an airgun) at them with a laser sight that puts a red dot on their chest and they won't want to hang around long!

Perhaps someone, maybe you, should give a list of the type and power of the air rifles we should be looking at getting?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by blaenau2000

exactly what 'chances' do u think u have unarmed?

The chance to live. Guns are for cowards , i understand everyone has different views, but I am adamant that having a gun in times of turmoil aint a good idea.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000

exactly what 'chances' do u think u have unarmed?

The chance to live. Guns are for cowards , i understand everyone has different views, but I am adamant that having a gun in times of turmoil aint a good idea.

Just imagine then how many cowards will come out of the wood works and survive by shooting first and asking questions second!

I'll take my gun with me and make sure I use it wisely.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

If you break into the armoury your taking a chance of getting caught. Seems they have some sort of surveillance on it. Plus the fact you just told the whole world you know about it puts raiding the armoury even more dangerous. Just get your weapons from the streets. If you are worried you may be dealing with an official inlist a friend hwo has some knowledge on this. I wish you the best in arming your self

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why would anybody want a gun, unless you're planning on killing someone. This isn't Texas. This is the UK.

I'd much rather have a bicycle than a gun.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Why would anybody want a gun, unless you're planning on killing someone. This isn't Texas. This is the UK.

I up the ante with a boat*, couple of miles of water and a fishing pole

At least that is going to be my main plan in any SHTF situation.
edit on 8/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: really bad english

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I up your bike with a boat*, couple of miles of water and a fishing pole

At least that is going to be my main plan in any SHTF situation.

Deal. Hell, you drive the boat, i'll catch the fish

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Cool
sounds like a good plan to me..
who needs a gun eh, when you have the open seas

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ok there Mr anti gun activist, we get the hint that you are against gun ownership. I believe that the op was asking hypothetically in a SHTF scenario. I think it is a good question that should be pondered for ones survival, just in case the "sweet smelling roses" of a world that we live in fails to meet the demands of prolonged survival.

If you do not ask yourself these questions, then I am affraid to tell you the situation you "could" be in.

Ignorance is bliss, but I prefer to be prepared for whatever is around the corner.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

thats fine i just dont see what advantage you think you might have.

typically when an armed person engages an unarmed person, the armed one wins.

all the machismo in the world wont change that.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
and to the OP, if you do obtain a weapon and begin starving, you now know of at least 2 unarmed individuals with a stockpile of fish

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

thats fine i just dont see what advantage you think you might have.

typically when an armed person engages an unarmed person, the armed one wins.

all the machismo in the world wont change that.

Advantage? I dont want that type of an advantage.
I could never kill another human being, that is why I will hide in the mountains and this is what I will tell anybody that has the skill to hunt me and my family down and the need to kill me. I live by morals and those morals will never be broken in life or death.

You may think hiding in these situations is cowardly but I think the people with guns are the real cowards, and I will use that to my advantage.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Ok there Mr anti gun activist, we get the hint that you are against gun ownership. I believe that the op was asking hypothetically in a SHTF scenario. I think it is a good question that should be pondered for ones survival, just in case the "sweet smelling roses" of a world that we live in fails to meet the demands of prolonged survival.

If you do not ask yourself these questions, then I am affraid to tell you the situation you "could" be in.

Ignorance is bliss, but I prefer to be prepared for whatever is around the corner.

1) I'm not an activist. Not quite sure how you came up with that idea.

2) I suggest a bicycle is a better option. You can take a bike anywhere, no need for roads.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

and to the OP, if you do obtain a weapon and begin starving, you now know of at least 2 unarmed individuals with a stockpile of fish

Since they'll have to get their feet wet, they better have enough prophylactics

without a gun does not always mean unarmed... there are literally tens of thousands of swords, polearms, maces around here.. tho a nice little seax would do me fine for eating, gutting and what not.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You would never kill a person? Even if they were in the process of attempting to murder your family? If someone tried to take your life you have every right to kill them or if they are trying to kill anyone else for that matter. If everyone was passive against violence then the world would be great, but it just takes one violent person then to dominate everyone

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Originally posted by minkey53

Perhaps someone, maybe you, should give a list of the type and power of the air rifles we should be looking at getting?

A full power spring loading Pistol (not relying on gas bottles) should be something like a Browning 800 MAG. These can be obtained for just over £100, .22 is better than .177 if you're hunting with it. Scopes or Red Laser Dots that fit on top can be had for £20 upwards.

A Rifle has a longer range and good ones can be purchased from £100 (new), again same price as above for small scope. A Weihrauch HW99S .22 is a superb rifle, would last a lifetime and is pin accurate. £200 new of half that 2nd hand.

No license is required and both are deadly up to about 50 metres.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How do you protect yourself when TSHTF with a pushbike??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join