It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

GI Charged in Russian Roulette Death

page: 1
9

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

GI Charged in Russian Roulette Death


www.military.com

March 08, 2011
Anchorage Daily News
One of two Alaska-based Soldiers who engaged in a deadly game of Russian roulette over the weekend told police that his drinking buddy at first said he hated the game and wouldn't play.

Pfc. Jason D. Brouch, 25, told police he and Michael McCloskey began drinking Friday at his Eagle River apartment. On Saturday afternoon, they went into the back bedroom. Brouch pulled out his .44 revolver, put one round in the chamber, spun the cylinder, pointed the gun at his body and pulled the trigger, he told police. He said he told McCloskey that he could "see th
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
With shades of the Deer Hunter looming large over this tragic story it makes one wonder the pressures our armed forces are under as they are deployed, and redeployed year after year.

Suicides, spousal abuse and homocide, and now Russian Roulette.

Many of the pro-military members are always making excuses for the excesses of our military personnel when it comes to civilian deaths in the war zone, but the truth is they are racking up a toll back here in America through domestic violence and deadly trust games.

Last year a similiar incident of a different kind of trust game with a loaded weapon claimed a soldier in New Jersey.

Another Sailor is possibly facing the death penalty for killing his wife.

Bases here in the United States often have suicide watch stand downs.

With Washington beating the wardrums yet again, this time eyeing Libya it might be time for Americans to consider doing what ever it takes to stop placing our youth in harms way.



www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm sorry but another man should not be punished for another mans stupidity. Everyone in life has choices to make...it's whether or not you make the right ones.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64
 


I agree. I thought the story was going to say his buddy pressured him into playing, but he didn't. Apparently he asked for the gun on his own? Firearms and heavy drinking don't go together, especiallly if you have a wife and kids! I don't see how he showed an "indifference" to human life. I am sure he was shocked, saddened, and devastated by it all. That is not indifference.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
BAN ALCOHOL!!

2nd line



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You know , this is just great. Dumb people wiping THEMSELVES out , rather than everyone else... cant fault it really. Honestly though, how much of a complete and utter IDIOT does one have to be, to play Russian Roulette unless forced to do so? Honestly ?
Im sure I couldnt possibly know, what it is to be a soldier, or what it does to your mind, how it affects your reason. But having intimate knowlege of how firearms work, and what damage they can do, ought to filter through to a person EVEN when they are wasted beyond mortal understanding , ESPECIALY if they come into contact with weapons every day of the week !
This sort of complete stupidity makes me sad to be part of the human race. If this is what the "best" of us can achieve with our lives, imagine how crappy everything else must be! I tell you what, I hope the fellow who WON the game gets shot in the guts and left to die, just as a simple demonstration of why people shouldnt be so god damned , full on, utterly and completely unjustifiably STUPID!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Life is a learning experience. Some make it and some don't. The one that made it will never forget that moment for the rest of his life. Now he will go and teach of his misgivings and the learning experience starts all over again.

I know, I have personally been in a few instances where I am glad I made it out alive. Not Russian Roulette, but other crazy means.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How can they say if he provided the gun and bullets then he's responsible? If a shop sells you a knife and you stab a person are they responsible? If your looking at someones gun and shoot yourself its not that persons fault at all. If he said it wasnt loaded when it was then he could be partially responsible for misleading him but you'd never take someones word on that without checking yourself first.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by pacofunk64
 


I agree. I thought the story was going to say his buddy pressured him into playing, but he didn't. Apparently he asked for the gun on his own? Firearms and heavy drinking don't go together, especiallly if you have a wife and kids! I don't see how he showed an "indifference" to human life. I am sure he was shocked, saddened, and devastated by it all. That is not indifference.


Call me crazy but I kind of feel like drinking and firearms do go together, most especially if you have a wife and kids!

They just don't make real men like Al Bundy anymore.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Notice I said heavy drinking.


Of course a little bit of the sauce is good to steady the aim.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Notice I said heavy drinking.


Of course a little bit of the sauce is good to steady the aim.


Hi honey look, they had these really cool target shirts at Target, so I got one for you and the kids too!

Now try them on and stand over there, no a little to the left, no a little to the right.

"Honey why do you have your finger stuck up in the air"

Oh nothing dear just checking windage!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Truly sad... Yet even with idiots like that costing peoples lives with their stupidity americans still have their firearms fetish..
Hope the guy gets full penalty under both UCMJ and Civilian law ..



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wow, when I read the thread title, I thought and American killed a bunch of people in a Russian casino.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Truly sad... Yet even with idiots like that costing peoples lives with their stupidity americans still have their firearms fetish..
Hope the guy gets full penalty under both UCMJ and Civilian law ..


Well in all fairness these guys did live in and had this happen in Alaska.

I am thinking one probably needs to be armed anywhere areound Sarah Palin!



That is one scary woman!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow, people actually play that?
I thought that'd only happen within some mercenary bar in Afghanistan, or even the Star Wars bar..

IMO it's pretty fun with a group of friends and a cap gun though, many laughs were had.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
One less idiot with a gun



No sympathy.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler


With shades of the Deer Hunter looming large over this tragic story it makes one wonder the pressures our armed forces are under as they are deployed, and redeployed year after year.

Suicides, spousal abuse and homocide, and now Russian Roulette.

Many of the pro-military members are always making excuses for the excesses of our military personnel when it comes to civilian deaths in the war zone, but the truth is they are racking up a toll back here in America through domestic violence and deadly trust games.

Last year a similiar incident of a different kind of trust game with a loaded weapon claimed a soldier in New Jersey.

Another Sailor is possibly facing the death penalty for killing his wife.

Bases here in the United States often have suicide watch stand downs.

With Washington beating the wardrums yet again, this time eyeing Libya it might be time for Americans to consider doing what ever it takes to stop placing our youth in harms way.
www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


""Brouch is from Fresno, Calif., the Army said. He joined in March 2009. He had not deployed, according to said Maj. William Coppernoll, a spokesman for the Army in Alaska. On Sunday, Anchorage police said he had served in Iraq and Afghanistan.""



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes the gene pool does police itself.

Just wish it would police itself more often.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes the gene pool does police itself.

Just wish it would police itself more often.



Wouldn't that be something.

Self induced retroactive abortion.

Remember its idiots like this that make the rest of us look so smart!







 
9

log in

join