It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Mimics Bush: Libyan Intervention Ahead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Source

Obama is clearing the decks for military intervention in Libya. U.S. forces are being moved into the area. A few days ago, Obama told Gaddafi to step down. Now, in the same manner that Bush tried to make Saddam Hussein responsible for a U.S. attack, Obama has warned Gaddafi that his behavior is “unacceptable” and that he, Gaddafi, will be held responsible for continuing violence in the area. Obama, like Bush, has also said that all military options are on the table. Meanwhile, in both parties the proponents of U.S. empire and oil-hegemony (like McCain, Kerry, and Yoo) have ramped up their rhetoric calling for intervention. They began with calls for a no-fly zone and have upped their demands from there. All of this points in one direction: Obama will introduce U.S. military force in Libya. The shape of it (NATO, EU, UN, Arab nations) is being stamped out now.

Well here we go folks, what are your thoughts on this?
Personally i don't know where this is going to go but it certainly would not surprise me if the US and/or other NATO forces committed troops, i mean oil is far more important than life, right?

edit on 8/3/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I must say .. I'm quite disappointed with Obama .. at first .. I supported him .. but everything he has done so far has proven he's just another war mongerer ... with no inte ntion of fixing issues at home .. the US could really use all the money right now to fix our educational .. healthcare .. internal job crisis .. instead he's spending trillions on unnecessary wars ...

I voted for this guy because he said he would bring troops home and END wars ... he's just another bush with better english ..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

not matter who the potus is the same things ever time happens, probelm happens somewhere ,people react ,us/un etc. invade to help or slove the probelm and get control.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There are allot of countries backing Gaddafi. Russia,Iran,Columbia etc. If obama pusches it, WW3 ahead dont you all think?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Oh hold your horses. This didnt say anything new and its all about other people who wanting to go in with troops not the President. Knock it off with the misleading titles already. It should read Dems and Republicans call for President to go to action and yet he continues to keep us out of it.

US has and continues to do nothing in this situation. Only troops that have gone in have come from UK. Once again this oil goes to Europe this isnt our problem.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

hey hold YOUR horses it is NOT my title it's the articles title and i thought that people on ATS would want to read it so i posted it!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

An article you supplied knowing full well it didnt match its contents so your in support of or facillitating the lie

new topics

top topics

join