It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Phenomenon (and why it is so VERY dangerous to perpetuate this nonsense...)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My Health Card expires on December 15, 2012. Just 6 days away from the world being destroyed, so wouldn't matter.

On December 21, 2012 I will be sitting by a fire and drinking and eating with a bunch of friends and wait while nothing happens.

edit on 9-3-2011 by krimletch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent

So the next time you think about creating a new thread on this topic, perhaps think again. Think about who might be reading it and the effect it could have on them. Especially in light of all the recent "LOOK...NIBIRU!!!!!" threads.
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yes officer Thought Police.

We wouldn´t want to destroy innocent souls that come to this site and might come across a 2012 thread.

Why not scrap all the forums here on ATS, someone might get offended, can´t have that now, can we?

Even better, take down the entire internet, what? Lock yourself in your house, don´t talk to anyone, they might say something that will make you kill yourself.

If you have such a problem with the whole 2012 thing, the last thing you should be doing, is posting in the 2012 forum.

Stay clear off it. You do realize this forum is here to openly discuss 2012?

The problem lies with you, the solution is very simple.

Don´t let the door hit you...

I agree with this but I also believe the op's point was that it is stupid to perpetuate such silly topics anyway. Some of us really need to grow up and stop waiting for y2k to occur over and over and over and over again. Nothing new about predicted end dates just gotta realize that it's (very likely) a waste of everyone's time. Why not focus more on what we can do to fix the world we have now because chances are we'll still all be stuck on the same rock on December 22nd...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I started reading up on 2012, in 2002/2003...........
At the time I dismissed it as rubbish.

I read all these years ago that it wouldnt be a "2012=BANG"..
..It would be a slow build up of natural (more than normal) and un-natural events..

It IS happening.
As the years have gone on, And we reach this allignement, NOBODY can deny things are heating up.

I am 50/50...But I am slighltly leaning towards there being something in it.

The list of things going on, earthquakes, Volcanoes, old ones, restarting.
This tells us the earth's core is heating up.

Good thread. Love all 2012 stuff.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

earthquakes, Volcanoes

Did is slowly build up from ten years ago or was it in the five billion years before? I don't think we know of these things ever taking a hiatus.

You should talk to people about pre WWI and pre WWII, I did:

Bad economy, natural disasters, H1N1 subtype flu, general paranoia, etc, etc.

How come it didn't all end then?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Whether or not you believe in any of the 2012 stuff, it's still not a bad idea to be somewhat prepared for natural disasters that may occur in your region, or to be stocked up on stuff in case there is a rush on supplies from the public, whether or not their reasons are justified.
edit on 9-3-2011 by ToppDog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I couldn't have said better. The words you laid out there were great and it definitely make sense to me. The fact of you understanding children truly there also considering you are a teacher.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What we should be asking is..where do these ideas come from?And what do they get out for putting those ideas out there?
And why allow it?Why are they allowed to do this to people.Is there really no control over the internet?Why make a movie that scares the sh** out of people?2012 is right around the corner for crying out loud and people are literally going nuts over this.

But then I think..what if it's true?Would I want to be prepared?Of course.So what's the big deal?

"Someone might try and make the prediction come true".How could anyone cause the end of the world?lol Could you please explain that?

But then I do believe that if people thought the end of the world was in 2012 that there might be a little panic..just a little..NOT!I can't imagine the chaos this would cause.

Now think about this..what if leaking it over the net is the best way to prepare people without actually coming out and saying it?Thereby people aren't really sure if it's true because no one important has said anything yet so they prepare without the panic of really knowing..understand?

Because if it was fact,the calm demeanor of not sure turns to one of..oh my god!

You see right now we all are like "don't believe everything you hear or see"..But if they confirmed that indeed the earth will end in 2012 then we would be like.."where's my gun"?

So do I agree with the OP?I do and I don't.Reason being is because I think people have a right to know but then on the other hand I think it would be better to live the rest of your days not knowing.And not in a state of shock or panic or depression or who knows what?And I think leaking it over the net is a better way to let the public know and so they can prepare in a calm demeanor of not being sure or not.Think about it!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Ummm......it did'nt cause my class mates and I to suicide or curl up in the fetal position when our teachers had us all crawl under our desks or line up against the walls of the building everytime the old nuclear drill bell went off. We lived with it.......daily...we also lived through it, through the daily threat of nuclear annihilation.

My advice, is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best..an old cliche', but a trueism nontheless. I have spent the time, effort, and finances, to insure that I and those that I care about will survive whatever calamity comes. Open your eyes, take an honest assesment of whats happening today in the world. I know you can "feel" that something either proverbial or profound is on the brink. Listen to your instincts, prepare yourself.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think the end of the world has happened before in the distant past. It happens to the Earth from time to time and the Earth survives but humankind goes nearly extinct. I also believe that there is some genetic memory of these apocalypse in humans and we are constantly looking for signs in the heavens that portent another end is coming. I say this is not nonsense at all but a deeply ingrained survival strategy of the human race that just bubbles up from time to time.

edit on 9-3-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

IMHO the most dangerous aspect of the "2012 phenomenon" is that untold thousands or millions of folks get the apathetic attitude of "the world is going to end soon, who cares?". Regardless of whether folks believe any truth behind 2012 theories... everyone knows it is a widespread theory and nobody knows exactly how much truth is behind it. But just enough for people to use the excuse "world going to hell soon, who cares?" towards any real issue.

It creates apathy towards very serious world events and issues, social, ecological, economic etc that every global citizen SHOULD be aware of and at least have some understanding or "we should fix _____ problem" attitude.

2012 is a profitable venture for not only book-sellers, new-age gurus, etc but also for governments/policy-makers/corporations who can take advantage of widespread global apathy to proceed with questionable actions.

ie - "let's go ahead and make war, pass corrupt or unjust new laws and regulations, and profit any way we can while the masses go on thinking the world will end soon so they shouldn't give a rat's ass about any of this. they won't fight back."

Just my 2 cents worth.

edit:
On the other hand, the 2012 phenomenon does bring some incentive for curious-minded folks (like myself) to do some research into possible world-changing (or world-ending) events - this is how I've become versed in all these conspiracy theories, which contain a lot of truth about the gears and wheels of humanity's behavior! I never would have heard of Monsanto or HAARP or 'false-flag' military operations or corporate/government intimacy or military-industrial mechanics or the RFID revolution or internet sovereignty etc etc etc the list goes on!!
edit on 9-3-2011 by sincerelyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by krimletch
My Health Card expires on December 15, 2012. Just 6 days away from the world being destroyed, so wouldn't matter.

On December 21, 2012 I will be sitting by a fire and drinking and eating with a bunch of friends and wait while nothing happens.

Our "alien" Gods will most likely return on Dec 21 2012. If not on that specific date then some time towards the end of 2012 or right at the start of 2013.

I lol at your ignorance.

If you post on ATS to spread disinformation and/or misinformation then I recomend you eat some enthegoens. They are most likely illegal where you come from so only use them to un-lock your mind where it is within the law to do so. PM for advice.

Love
the ATS shaman

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by krimletch

Our "alien" Gods will most likely return on Dec 21 2012. If not on that specific date then some time towards the end of 2012 or right at the start of 2013.

I lol at your ignorance.

If you post on ATS to spread disinformation and/or misinformation then I recomend you eat some enthegoens. They are most likely illegal where you come from so only use them to un-lock your mind where it is within the law to do so. PM for advice.

Love,
the ATS shaman

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I personally don't belive in the 2012 end of the world, I used to be really into it but then I did some critical thinking here and there and realized humans are not the center of the Universe and this is no NATRAUL CATACLYSM that will happen to us on a certain date! if there is an "apocolyse", we will have know idea when it will happen. But I can promise you that no ancient civilization can predict some apoplypse 5200 years in the future...

I can't wait for 2012 and I know its gonna be an exciting year becasue of all the crazy people that are gonna be FREAKING OUT! I will just observe the populace and be humored their human behavior.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The OP is exactly right

All the people posting here saying that the 2012 theory is correct and we're all gonna perish - DONT REALLY BELIEVE IT, do you?!!! c'mon now...

Anybody with a brain knows full well that its all nonsense they just come on message boards like this and make stuff up to get a reaction...

There is not one piece of evidence to suggest that the world will end in 2012...NOT ONE! (you tube videos made by kids don't count as evidence you know!)

much love
Stu

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
The OP is exactly right

All the people posting here saying that the 2012 theory is correct and we're all gonna perish - DONT REALLY BELIEVE IT, do you?!!! c'mon now...

Anybody with a brain knows full well that its all nonsense they just come on message boards like this and make stuff up to get a reaction...

There is not one piece of evidence to suggest that the world will end in 2012...NOT ONE! (you tube videos made by kids don't count as evidence you know!)

much love
Stu

You are a dis/misinformation agent. You are most likely also OP

What are you trying to prove?

On ATS, people want raw data so they can make their make un-biased decisions for themselves.

Stop spreading lies! Get a life! PM me on advice how to get a life. I'm a shaman

Love,
Sammy
edit on 9-3-2011 by PsychedelicSam because: Fixed

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Year 2038 problem.

Hey, you think thats bad...

Year 10000 problem

You do have a point though.

I reckon there will be mass suicides in the lead up to december 2012 as its only a matter of time before the media gets its teeth in to the fear mongering next year.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychedelicSam

lol, you are a fool.

you can't possibly post that (with a straight face) and tell me to get a life...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't believe there is any global catastrophe coming in 2012 - but local disasters happen all the time: hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, floods, etc.

I wouldn't recommend anyone sell all their possessions and barricading themselves in a cave, but it is a good idea to be ready for disaster with a couple weeks of canned goods, a bag of rice, basic tools, flashlight and radio, etc. For a hundred bucks you can set yourself up with an emergency kit that will support you in just such a local situation.

I don't see any problems with talking about disasters with kids. Do you children know what to do if your house is on fire or a tornado hits?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You simply cant compare y2k with 2012. Y2y was created by our greedy governments and corperations. 2012 has been prophesized by multipal civilazations spanning across the world over 5000 years ago. I used to laugh at the people who believed this stuff but have been researching this for at least 4 years now and im pretty convinced that these ancient civilazations were leaving us a message. IF your not aware of some of the prophecy just look at what is happening around the world its right in front of us. Politcal and civil unrest,war,famine,heightend solar flare activity, millions of dead fish and birds.destruction of the enviroment,crazy weather. I mean IT seems like there is a 7. something earthquake every to weeks. Its right in front of us guys. I believe its important to stay positive, live and enjoy your life as much as possible but i wouldn't push this one under the rug. Its going to be an interresting couple of years boys and girls. peace my friends

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XEyeHandX

solar activity - always fluctuating, its just we have better ways of observing and monitoring it - nothing is any different than the way its always been.

Global & civil unrest - in particular the middle east, again always been there - just more rampant reporting and instant access to the information

increase in natural disasters - nope, there are natural disasters all over the world, almost daily..again, always been the case there is just greater reporting and information available.

none of this points to the end times in 2012.

I'm not saying these events aren't obvious pointers to potential threats to our way of life in the future..but certainly not an indicator of the 2012 hype.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join