It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Phenomenon (and why it is so VERY dangerous to perpetuate this nonsense...)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sorry OP, but you haven't a clue about 2012 and it's significance.

You shouldn't let past experiences color your perception of reality. Meditation might help with that.

You are about to witness the most profound # you have ever been privy to in your entire incarnational cycle. There are forces at work here that are beyond mainstream culture and science. Yet, people can't be initiated into such knowledge until they are ready. Perhaps you will 'wake up' before things start to get really intense, because we are right on the verge.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Evidence?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
2012 is about CHANGE, PERIOD. What is that change?

It is? Says who?

What they predicted for 2012 was major changes, and with them, some will be impacted negatively while others are positively.

Who is they?

Where was this predicted?

Want me to write the thread for you too??

You're pitching a strawman argument out there....ok, I'll bite.

THEY = The Aztec, Inca, Mayans, Olmecs, Hopi Indians.... but you would know this had you actually looked past the media-twisted-action-movie version of the story and actually delved in to the ancient belief systems.

This was predicted in most of their writings and beliefs. They had children on specific days because of the meaning they held based on their calendar, and they knew exactly when celestial events would take place... THEY put significance in the 2012 date, for what, so you could question it and mince words with it?

I wish you'd promote the real story of 2012 and not this garbage you are perpetuating yourself. There is a much deeper meaning behind it, and giving people the impression that it means nothing is just as bad as trying to convince a person of faith that there is no God.

YOU have no proof that there is no significance in the date, yet there are countless documents and plenty of proof that there IS significance in this date. Let's see.... a person who posts out of sheer ignorance, or an ancient tribe that predicted celestial events with accuracy better than our calendar's today, thousands of years before we had the ability to do the same thing....

.... I think I'll stick with the ancients.

~Namaste
edit on 8-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Oh heaven forbid I ask for some evidence

The Mayans NEVER thought anything significant was going to happen on this date. It was merely the end of one long count cycle (December 20, 2012) followed by the start of the fourteenth b’ak’tun on December 21, 2012. No doomsday. Merely a celebration of making it to the end of a whole cycle.

This calendar is still being used by some cultures in the highlands of Guatemala and there are no reports of preparations for doomsday or anything of the sort.

As for the other cultures (Aztec, Inca, Olmecs, Hopi Indians) I haven't seen anything convincing regarding 2012, perhaps you could enlighten me?

This was predicted in most of their writings and beliefs.

THEY put significance in the 2012 date, for what, so you could question it and mince words with it?

Again, could you provide evidence of this please?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

Im the father of 8 and 6 year old daughters, I try to do the same thing but it doesnt work haha

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

The Mayans NEVER thought anything significant was going to happen on this date. It was merely the end of one long count cycle (December 20, 2012) followed by the start of the fourteenth b’ak’tun on December 21, 2012. No doomsday. Merely a celebration of making it to the end of a whole cycle.

Could you post the evidence you have from the ancients that they cared nothing about the end of their cycles?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I didn't say they cared nothing.

I stated that the Mayans never referenced that date as a doomsday event.

I'm sure they did care about it, it was a celebration, just like we celebrate every new years day.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Exactly!!
This was not an end of the world prediction, it was a time of change, which is happening right now. End of story
P.S. I haven't read where this was a time of celebration.

edit on 8-3-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: add

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I think you should find out what 2012 is about before having a rant. The scenario portrayed in a certain Hollywood movie is laughable, so too are the people who get their understanding of 2012 from such sources

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So it's all Nonesense?

Nothing happening in the world to cause anyone to think things are building up to some sort of climax then?

And it's scaring the kiddies?

Well, better not continue to Indoctrinate them into a Christian Religion either then because we don't want them scared and fearing for their Soul now do we? We don't want kiddies thinking they are going to Hell because they were born from Sin... do we?

Sure there have been many people making money from the 2012 Scenario.. mainly Hollywood of course.. and like every other human endeavour it has revolved around Money and unbalanced Ego.. which makes it Mainstream.

Sure there are a lot of miconceptions about the 2012 scenario, about as many as there are for almost any other scenario.

And yet a person only has to observe the world around them over the past 20 or so years to see that YES.. it is building up to some sort of climactic scenario.... even IF no Earth Changes occur.. we humans are still going to strangle life of this planet fairly quickly, we are still going to wipe out whole areas with our increaingly more destructive methods of Warring, we are still going to continue to poison our homeworld and we are still going to have a small number of people sitting at the top of the Ladder lording it over the majority to keep the Plebs down.

Give me some climactic earth changes in our future rather than the sad whimper of humanity dying by it's own deeds and taking a massive number of native species with us. at least that way some will survive in a healthy way to begin again with a new direction.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I agree with you about it never being a doomsday... no culture has specifically said that, but there are descriptions that talk about the change as similar to going through labor pains, coming faster and harder until the birth. They also describe a golden age that is supposed to happen at the end of the 5th sun, which just so happens to be the end of the long count calendar as well.

I will be happy to provide proof of what I've just mentioned, but I am on a mobile phone and don't have the luxury of having my bookmarks handy, which is where I keep references to a lot of this information.

I also have a few books that I'll reference later tonight.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh on you, I see that you are merely questioning the evidence now, but your presentation of that question was less than direct and came across as trying to discredit all of the 2012 talk, which I don't agree with because there are many significant points to consider with 2012.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yup.
This should be in the Rant forum.

This is purely a rant where you to tell people how silly (and dangerous) you think it is to believe in a significance to the date of 2012, whilst also asking for people to stop discussing it because you have deemed there will be nothing happening.

"Won't somebody think of the children!?"
Yes, their parents/guardians should, by correctly educating them on how to deal with their natural fear of the unknown.
I had to live with the very real threat of Nuclear War, with only a mere three minutes warning before my potential evaporation (if I was lucky!).
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. It's not fair, but it's life and there's no running from that reality, sorry.

Just a question...seeing as you say you've done your research on 2012 (would have done your case no end of good, had you had links to support it, mind), I do wonder, are you a paid member of science and scholarly forums at all? Do you mix in those circles?
Or have you gotton your data from solely online, public sources?
Lastly, how many years have you dedicated to this subject in impartial research?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hear, hear friend.

I'm just about ready to suffocate the life out of this whole "2012" thing.

And since we are on the subject, lets not forget the catalogue of films that Hollywood has recently vomited out. They also have a duty to act responsible for how they depict and market their films. With that recent atrocity by Mr Emmerich, I know a lot of kids around here are expecting the worse.

And no matter how hard I try and reason with them with logical and indepth research to try and end their unfounded fears... It's just no good.

I never go into this part of the forum for the simple fact... I could cough up a better endtime date and the way we are going to go sitting on the toilet. But once I saw this in the New Topic section and read what you posted... I had to respond.

If my 4 year old son came home and questioned what was the meaning of life after hearing this claptrap in school... I will go nuclear! And probably take half the school with me.

These 2012 brigade are beginning to sound a lot like Jehovah Witnesses and the Westboro by trying to force feed their beliefs on the rest of us. Regardless if they have scientific data or lack thereof... It doesn't matter. But I know deep down I'm getting fed up with it.

If I woke up on Dec 21st 2012 and see this huge ass planet decorating the early morning sky, then, and only then will I take this seriously.

But judging by peoples responses and opinions I guess I'll be watching the news later that night as Cult 2012 one million take their own lives.

Which in my own opinion... May not be a bad thing.

Oh yeah. I went there.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

I don't think you understand what 'thought police' means. Thought police you think is someone telling you not to think something. But the OP is telling you to think, he is telling you to think critically.

If you thin by someone telling you not to take everything as fact or not to believe in every new doomsday scenario without proper evidence, than he is trying to protect you from the thought police.

People that perpetuate these utterly stupid ideas are running their own agenda. Selling their own books, documentaries or what have you. The suckers that buy into it are doing free marketing.

Just because the official story is bogus, doesn't mean the unofficial one is true.

Your thoughts are not controlled by people telling you what not to think, thought control is more complicated. If I wanted to manipulate someone I would look at all the emotional triggers that would set that person off. Fear, excitement, ego, etc.

So while people think that the official story on certain themes is bogus, there real manipulation is the ones who perpetuate bogus ideas with no evidence to back it up. Just call it another fad.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

This is purely a rant where you to tell people how silly (and dangerous) you think it is to believe in a significance to the date of 2012, whilst also asking for people to stop discussing it because you have deemed there will be nothing happening.

You want to discuss it Nibiru, than it should be in a fiction forum. Unless anyone on this site wants to bring actual evidence to support the theory, than it is entirely fiction. I am hoping someone can post a well researched thread that has actual facts supporting the claim, it would be exciting, but it isn't happening.

This should not be in the rant forum because the OP provided real world effects of what is happening by the 2012 fraud. Kids are pissing themselves because a bunch of opportunists are making money off the idea the world is going to be destroyed by an alien sun-planet-ship with lizards on it. Give me a break.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
# loads of ancient cultures and seers have warned of horrific events in 2012.

I'll just tell you what we can be sure of:

Exceptionally intense solar storms which will greatly disrupt electronics on earth (NASA predicts this to peak on, you guessed it, Dec 21 2012) even knocking out all electronics on earth.

Something else which one can be 99% sure will happen is WW3. Nostrodamus envisioned the main battle of WW3 being fought in the Middle East in a country (can't remember the same) which the name translates to 'armagedon'.

Accompanying WW3, as at least Nostrodamus saw, is volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.

Again, in 2012, expect intense solar storms, WW3 and volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. The aliens told me they are coming too I might add. After the crazy times are over (may take til the end of 2012, maybe longer) expect at least a thousand years of peace and harmony

Research Nostrodamus and Edgar Cacye if you're interested in this. They are defiantly sources to be considered. I had an idea a few days ago that aliens made Cacye and Nostrodamus have those visions of the future. At least 90% of the 14,000 or 1,400 predictions Cayce made have come true

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Kids are pissing themselves because a bunch of opportunists are making money off the idea the world is going to be destroyed by an alien sun-planet-ship with lizards on it. Give me a break.

It's just this kind of ridiculous talk that completely takes away from the real facts. Very irresponsible of you. No wonder kids are worried.
So you want all the evidence put in a pretty little post for you huh? Well how about you read about it for yourself? Like perhaps in the already existing threads on this subject. Heck, maybe even read some of the posts other than those just on this page.
Nothing you babble about has ever been associated with the Mayans.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Kids are pissing themselves because a bunch of opportunists are making money off the idea the world is going to be destroyed by an alien sun-planet-ship with lizards on it. Give me a break.

What kids are these then?
I live in quite a populated area and no child I've come across has mentioned any of those ideas (but then again, not many ten year olds I know go on conspiracy sites that attract the extreme opinions of all walks of life...). In fact, my young son asked me the other day about 2012, as some of his friends had been discussing what they knew of it (they're all around 10). There was no mention of anything like that, they simply wanted to know what was being said about it all as they had heard about the things happening in our Solar System and on Earth. He wished to know if they were signs that the world was ending.

"Alien lizards" and such seem to be the realm of the internet and not in the minds of those seeing real world events with rational minds.

What "break" were you asking of me exactly, or was that a turn of phrase?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

While the science on this topic is sketchy at best, b
-truthseeker

Astrophysics is not a sketchy science. Using astrophysics one can compute the location of any given celestial body at any point in the past, present, or future. That being said it is impossible that some sort of extra solar planet can careen through our solar system based upon the calculated orbits of the planets. There is simply no way that a celestial body could swing through or solar system.

As for the other ideas about 2012 all I can say is research them and the actual core facts about them. The core facts of astrophysics rule out any sort of "Niburu" type event and I would venture to say there are core facts to help dispel the majority of the 2012 postulations.

If you didn't read the rest of my post after that line, I suggest you do, because I wasn't calling astrophysics "sketchy" at all. I stated that nobody can know 100% for sure what is going to happen. That's all I was implying. And I was referring to the "science" of the whole 2012 theory, including everything from aliens to a big freakin' planet crashing into ours, not legitimate science.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by boncho

It's just this kind of ridiculous talk that completely takes away from the real facts. Very irresponsible of you. No wonder kids are worried.
So you want all the evidence put in a pretty little post for you huh? Well how about you read about it for yourself? Like perhaps in the already existing threads on this subject. Heck, maybe even read some of the posts other than those just on this page.
Nothing you babble about has ever been associated with the Mayans.

Yeah, fraud is super scary too kids?

What do the mayans have anything to do with it?

I've been in existing threads, there is nothing there, fluff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join