It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Phenomenon (and why it is so VERY dangerous to perpetuate this nonsense...)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The claim that 2012 is also about hope and enlightenment and a consciousness shift (whatever that is) is just as bad. There are people sitting back waiting for the "Easy button" to magically give them the boost they need without lifting a finger.
reply to post by stereologist

``Off course, we wouldn´t want people to actually have hope for this obviously not so bright looking future. Jeah, it must be crushed.

These slackers that talk about subjects I am oblivious to, don´t deserve to have hope. Everybody has to comply to the norm to prevent me from feeling uncomfortable.´´

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

yeah looks like tho whole 2012 is wrong calculated
the whole thing is happening right now in front of your eyes
noth africa is burning resources fading
nuclear meltdown maybe leading to big big damge
crazyness all around the worl posts keep flying in new damage allmost same time
cool anyone really debunking 2012 anymore ?
just thougts
stay save guys and ladies ........

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Thanks for the very enlightening and helpful reply.
Let's take another look at it.

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent

Maybe you should pay more attention.
He said our because the other poster said this,

Originally posted by sdunkin2003
A lot of people replying to the OP seem to think he is advocating censorship and are comparing talking about 2012 to talking about the many evils that occur in the world which may adversely affect children.
I disagree.
You are apparently having a problem distinguishing between the differences that are contained within the simple grammar of each comment. The important part, that you are missing within this statement is- "A lot of people seem." That word "seem," is valuable to that statement. "Seem" means that it is his opinion, and interpretation, that he has concluded by reading other comments.
Now this statement-

Originally posted by Cecilofs
That's your opinion. Ours is different..
This statement is direct. I was not entirely sure who "ours," was referring to. In general, "ours" refers to everyone within the same group of the person who says it. Since there are no actual divided groups on ATS, my interpretation of that statement was that it was referring to everyone. I was asking a question, based on my interpretation. I was looking for clarification, but I did not receive an answer. Based on your reply, I have concluded that you must be this "our" person. That's fine.

Do you get it now?
Do I get what? Up to this point, you have said absolutely nothing of any meaning or relevance.

The big problem is, that there are some fanciful men that are arrogant controlfreaks. You, nor any other member of this site get to control what others members post, discuss, think or believe.
Ok, so now you are making a direct abusive verbal attack and calling me names. Thank you. What did I say that led you to this conclusion? First, I asked a question. I asked if my interpretation of a comment was correct. I then gave a suggestion. Not an order; not a command; a simple suggestion. I then gave a few opinions.

My statement of, "you have missed the point," was an opinion directly to that exact statement which was incorrectly used by the same person that I directed my statement to.

If these posts are within the rules of the site´s T and C, there´s nothing you can do about it, and you should not even want to.
I have no idea what you are referring to with this statement. Mainly because, once again, you still have said nothing. I did not mention the T&C's. I did not even imply that anyone was breaking any rules. I simply shared my opinion of a misconception.

Last, but not least-

All I see is alot of whining done by people that don´t like other people talking about a certain subject.
This is the only thing that you said within your comment, that I can slightly agree with. It is a very precise summary. Your entire comment, that was a reply to me, contains nothing other than 100% whining.

I do have one request for you. If you feel the need to reply to this comment, then I ask that you please try to make a statement that actually contains a little bit of meaning and relevance. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I'm a firm believer in manifesting destiny. It saddens me that people put little stock in this reality...

With everybody and their dog running around thinking the sky is falling; that is going to generate just enough suction for just the right space-body to enter Earth's atmosphere...

Not enough people shared the collective consciousness (Y2K) to perpetrate such a ridiculous thing into fruition. Plain and simple. Now this 2012 crap is almost believable, not because of the Mayans "cyclical" calendar and all the fear-mongering associated with it, but a whole lot of people are falling for it in their hearts.

People's fear of this 2012 destiny; is it as strong as the will to survive it? We have people who have already thrown in the towel and chant for Nibiru to appear in the sky. It won't appear until it is made manifest, and by then the time is at hand.

STOP IT

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCirclesOurs?? So what you are saying is- sdunkin's opinion is his/hers only and nobody else shares this opinion? but your opinion (ours) is the opinion shared by everyone else besides sdunkin?

I meant "ours" as in "people who believe in 2012". I was not responding to the OP's post, I was responding to sdunkin's post, therefore yes I did indeed mean "your opinion" as in "that is sdunkin's opinion".

I hope we can get past the semantics now...

It is also my opinion, judging by this comment, that you have missed the point in the OP.

My comment was in response to sdunkin's, not the OP's. If you read what I quoted in my post I think my response was relevant.

My first post was directed to the OP.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

I'm a firm believer in manifesting destiny. It saddens me that people put little stock in this reality...

STOP IT

On the other hand, if enough people believe that there will be a positive change, then there will be a positive change.

Stereologist said one thing I agree with - we can't sit around waiting for the change to magically happen for us, we need to be out there making it happen.

(Yes I realise I am contradicting myself by posting on an internet forum).

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Do I get what? Up to this point, you have said absolutely nothing of any meaning or relevance.
reply to post by BrokenCircles

That´s exactly what I thought of your post when I read that in your post.

Ok, so now you are making a direct abusive verbal attack and calling me names. Thank you. What did I say that led you to this conclusion? First, I asked a question. I asked if my interpretation of a comment was correct. I then gave a suggestion. Not an order; not a command; a simple suggestion.

Is that so? If the shoe fits. Did I use the words you think are abusive verbal attacks, with you or your name in the same sentence?

You said that you agreed with sdunkin´s post, so it seems that you want people to stop posting about 2012, because YOU feel it is nonsense.

I think that is an arrogant and controlfreakish standpoint to take.

You wanted an answer, I gave you one. I think it was pretty obvious what was meant.

We both know you were displaying a little attitude.

I did not even imply that anyone was breaking any rules. I simply shared my opinion of a misconception.

You said that it was a big problem that a lot of people believe certain theories, you don´t believe in.

I just said that there´s nothing you can do about that, since most of these are within the T and C.

Tough luck.

Your entire comment, that was a reply to me, contains nothing other than 100% whining.

You are promoting thought and post control.

I am promoting the right for any member to post anything they want that is according to the rules of the site, freedom of speech, thought and expression in general.

If the material presented is bogus, it will be picked apart by the fine ATS membership.

If I don´t like a subject it, or can´t handle it, I don´t go trolling in the specifically appointed forum, whining that people shouldn´t post or think this way, like many seem to do.

I think some people are more arrogant than they realize.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Stereologist said one thing I agree with - we can't sit around waiting for the change to magically happen for us, we need to be out there making it happen.

That's not what I meant.
I meant that people are sitting around hoping for the EASY button. I never ever have suggested that anything is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

I think that is an arrogant and controlfreakish standpoint to take.

You actually think it is arrogant to point out the nonsense of 2012?

Is that a joke?

As long as people want to push hoaxes there will be those that point out how they are hoaxes. In the case of 2012 it is remarkably easy to show that 2012 and its fantasy claims are completely false.

I think some people are more arrogant than they realize.

It often stings when you realize how you have been conned by things like 2012.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Cecilofs

That's not what I meant.
I meant that people are sitting around hoping for the EASY button. I never ever have suggested that anything is going to happen.

I know that's not what you meant, I was adding my own twist to it.

Something can happen if humans intentionally work towards a goal, regardless of any theory about 2012.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Something can happen if humans intentionally work towards a goal, regardless of any theory about 2012.

None of the 2012 claims I have seen could be orchestrated by people working towards a goal. Do you know of any?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You actually think it is arrogant to point out the nonsense of 2012? Is that a joke?

No your question is a joke. I clearly said this,

I am promoting the right for any member to post anything they want that is according to the rules of the site, freedom of speech, thought and expression in general. If the material presented is bogus, it will be picked apart by the fine ATS membership.
reply to post by stereologist

I guess you missed that.

Like I said, I want people to pick apart the BS material. That is what needs to be done.

Obviously, this task is very inconvenient for some,so I see alot of people suggesting that people shouldn´t post about this subject anymore, mainly because THEY feel it´s all nonsense.

I call this arrogant, and controlfreakish behavior.

Especially when people make threads suggesting this, in the forum that was put here to talk about the subject.

It often stings when you realize how you have been conned by things like 2012.

That´s a wild assumption. Arrogance speaking. You don´t know what my views are. All I know is that we are in for a change in the coming decade, be it good or bad.

Nothing is set in stone for me. I don´t fear my destiny.

I don´t see why it is so hard for people to just let it go. You think 2012 is all nonsense, be a big boy and don´t enter the forum.

If you enter to do a factual debunking of any factual claims, great. The point is, there are lot´s of claims, that can´t be proven, but also can´t be disproven.

That leaves a grey area, to be discussed, only the thought police won´t have it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

This is my theory why we are seeing so much doom and gloom!
While this is a very important topic i believe the 2012 date could be set in stone for a certain elitist organization but wheather this happens is entirely up to man kind and TPTB. I believe there is something seriously going on right now. Some of you might think me nutty or paranoid or even genius! Right now there is a great revealing going on that if you are religious you can call this the revelation. I believe we are all starting to see the truth. This consist of Media Lies, religious manipulation, wars for profit, commercialized materialism, monetary slavery through debt let's just sum this up as Heirarchial control from TPTB. Even if there are those of us that don't know this, (lets call them the ignorant) they still feel it and long for a connection, the meaning of life, love, stability, equality, security, satisfaction, creative freedom, cooperation to complete and not compete and Passion to learn what they want and not just a rounded edjucation that takes up all their time and puts them in debt instead of to learn the stuff that matters to expand their minds and experience a connection to not only each other but the earth. To protect the earth and the other species that live here. This is a creative passion that will bring us all togeather and we will all be content with this life and we will have a certain satisfaction that could never be achieved through capitalism and competition. I estimate that many people will be on this path by 2013 to 2015 and i believe that if TPTB believe humanity is becoming a threat to their control they will destroy many of us. I believe this has already started with 911, gulf oil spill, japan quake and fukushima radiation release and the recent economic turmoil that is escalating out of control. Though this is all just my humble opinion and I have no proof it's all just conjecture. I don't think the myans thought we were going to die as much as they thought we are going to change. Be positive everyone we can live in a world with great reward!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There have been some incredibly dark periods of history - horror, wars, plague and natural disasters enough to equate to the end of the world to those alive at the time. We continue the 'spin' on the axis with probably more of the same but the world did not end in the past and 2012 does not seem to fill me with the idea that it will end on that year either. I believe in 'living for today' and making the most out of daylight and moonlight and think its unhealthy to worry about these 'prophecies'. Que sera and all that?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Are you implying that wars and depressions didn't happen prior to 2000? This thread has a valid point. Think this is one of the most logical things I've read in the last month.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join