It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three U.S. Marshals Reportedly Shot in St. Louis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Three U.S. Marshals Reportedly Shot in St. Louis

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING: Police confirmed that three US Marshals were shot Tuesday in St. Louis, Mo. stltoday.com reported.

The officers were shot when trying to make an arrest entering a house in 3100 block of Osage Street in St. Louis.

Two of the Marshals were taken to St. Louis University Hospital, while the third was taken to Barnes-Jewish Hospital.

Police said a suspect was also shot and they now have a siege, or hostage situation at the property.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Again, more dead cops/law enforcement. What is the problem here? I am beginning to think that a lot of training and practice has gone out the door and the good old cowboy days of policing are coming back-thus causing/aiding in a lot of the police violence incidents occurring.

I saw new thinking is in order for sure. How about trying to fill a house with some type of chemical component that knocks people out or disables them. Something other than trying to muscle them out or out gun them.

They need to remember that the criminals are ofter better weaponed up than the Police.

Tragic. More lives lost/destroyed/ruined....

And by the sounds of it, it won't end pretty.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3/8/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It is a sign of the times, and I do not intend to imply that this is a good thing.

But this is what happens when people have been pushed and pushed until they are in a corner. When things get to the point that they are things like this is bound to happen. People are angry and they do not know who to be angry towards, so, it becomes the first person to cross their path that they feel are infringing on them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Again, more dead cops/law enforcement. What is the problem here? I am beginning to think that a lot of training and practice has gone out the door and the good old cowboy days of policing are coming back-thus causing/aiding in a lot of the police violence incidents occurring.

I think it is the opposite. Instead of police being the only ones trained, civilians are now getting trained and prepared. There have been too many of these para-military style raids, they are so common now that people expect it, and they are getting prepared for it in advance. ( I haven't read the linked article yet, so I don't know the specifics of this raid, so I am speaking in general terms.)

I think the police need to go back to the days where they knock and ask politely if they can come inside. They can surround the house and wait, there is no need to break down a door with a flash-bang grenade and automatic weapons unless there is a murder in progress or a kidnapping or something.

I have a lot of friends in law enforcement, and I don't want anything bad to happen to them, but at the same time, I think their deeds are coming home to roost! When you treat the average populace like stupid sheep, occasionally you run into a wolf that bites back!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for this Post. My Son-In-Law is a U.S. Deputy Marshall there. Called him and he is fine. It was actually 2 Deputy Marshals that were shot and 1 City Officer.
Again thank you for the post.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Again, more dead cops/law enforcement.

Have the cop(s) been confirmed dead? It says they were shot, but that is all I can find.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

No Police were Killed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Wow! That's a whole lot of speculation for one page of a thread, with such a minimal sourced article!

I found no articles that explain how the incident went down. How does anyone know that the officers didn't just walk up to a house and knock on the door to try serve an arrest warrant, then were ambushed by someone?

Where does the article give any idea the officers were being "cowboys"?

Pffft... Why not wait for more info, before deciding to bash cops? If, after more info is released, it is shown the officers acted poorly, then by all means, bash away. But, this is really ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I just found this:

(KMOV)-- A U.S. Marshal is reportedly dead, and another Marshal and St. Louis police officer are injured after a shooting in south St. Louis.

www.kmov.com...

So, there may have been a fatality after all.

EDIT:

And this:

Sannita Boles said her brother was the man shot by police. She said her three children, 8, 13 and 15, were staying with her brother and his girlfriend at the home.

Police and the marshals waited for the children to leave the home this morning, then headed into the home to arrest her brother, Boles said. She said she didn't know why, but that her brother had been in and out of jail.

She identified her brother as Carlos Boles. Court records show he pleaded guilty to multiple charges of burglary, armed criminal action and assault in December.

www.stltoday.com...
edit on 8-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

WOW. He must have died at the Hospital. Thanks for the update.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Unconfirmed report on KSDK that the gunman is dead.

Reported by the girlfriend.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

WOW. He must have died at the Hospital. Thanks for the update.

KSDK says one is critical and one is stable.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
It is a sign of the times, and I do not intend to imply that this is a good thing.

But this is what happens when people have been pushed and pushed until they are in a corner. When things get to the point that they are things like this is bound to happen. People are angry and they do not know who to be angry towards, so, it becomes the first person to cross their path that they feel are infringing on them.

"Cats in a corner"! Do not, I repeat "DO NOT" corner a cat...it will get you. It may not kill you, or it may not even mame you, but you will not soon forget. La Marika is no longer America, its "catsinacornerca". United states, are soon becoming the "Untied" states.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Wish they would release an official statement. Different news organizations are releasing different information.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The U.S. Marshal Service is perhaps the finest example of law enforcement in the country. They hardly ever miss their mark. Their actions rarely result in "collateral damage," and their officers appear to be immune to the 'authoritarian functionary' mindset.

This may have been an unusually complicated situation. Too bad we won't get any real details about it until FOIA kicks in (if at all.)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That may be true, and the same can be said for my buddies in the FBI, but they work in conjunction with local law enforcement. There are typically only 1 to 3 Federal Agents among a team of local law enforcers, so the situations are not all that stable.

We don't have details, and this guy might have come at these guys shooting despite their best efforts to maintain the peace. I am not trying to blame these guys yet, but the press coverage and Cop shows that show all these fancy weapons, riot gear, and midnight raids have certainly escalated the situation, and criminals are more prepared than ever before. Innocent folks are more well-armed and wee-prepared than ever before also. The ante has been significantly raised, and law enforcement is facing much tougher resistance than in the past.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

" the press coverage and Cop shows that show all these fancy weapons, riot gear, and midnight raids have certainly escalated the situation, and criminals are more prepared than ever before. Innocent folks are more well-armed and wee-prepared than ever before also. The ante has been significantly raised, and law enforcement is facing much tougher resistance than in the past."

You are correct about these programs "better preparing" the civilians (good and bad), for possible "future events". I wonder if this is "democratic" Hollywoods' way of taking pot shots at the "republicans and TPTB". Kinda like saying, " We wont tell the minions exactly what is going to take place...but were not going to make it easy for you"!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Greetings,

This was on the TV for over 3 hours this morning. The incident started about 7:110 a, local.

Man was 36 with a violent back ground and had spent several years in jail. He had 2 young children and a girlfriend who probably was the mother of the children.

He had vowed not to go back to prison. The agents were lucky to get the children out of the house before the confrontation.

Two marshals were shot, one critical still as of 6 pm news, the other serious and the assigned police officer , minor, Treated and released. They were serving a drug and police assault warrant.

We're having too many cops shot here in the St. Louis area and kids are shooting each other daily. It's getting so that you don't want to watch the news.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Greetings,

10pm NEWS UPDATE

One of the marshals has passed on.

The perp was killed in the initial gunfire exchange.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The whole thing sounds like a bit of a fiasco....Not sayin they screwed up big time, but if they were aware of the perps attitude, they could have taken a few other cops along......
The three to one ratio doesnt apply to gunfighting as well as it does to physical confrontations.
I agree with the poster who said we could have starved him out...the kids were already safely away......
A frontal assault may have been just plain too overconfident on their part.
But then again, if so, it shows a certain weakness in their attitude and that is a fatal flaw.....
Perhaps they were just not expecting this level of resistance.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join