It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Lisa Nelson COREXIT BP OIL Spill Victim DIED On March 7, 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's going to be interresting to see what the official cause of death will be. According to this thread on investorshub, corexit is banned in 18 countries.

In fact the neurotoxin pesticide that is lethal to 50% of life in concentrations as little as 2.6 parts per million has been banned for use in the UK since 1998 because it failed the UK “Rocky shore test” which assures that the dispersant does not cause a “significant deleterious ecological change” – or to put that in layman’s terms it can kill off the entire food chain.

I also found conflicting reports off Nalco's official website stating(and this is interesting) Inaccuracy vs Fact when it comes to their oil dispersent. What I found interesting was their use of language, rather then using Myth vs Fact, they used Inaccuracy vs Fact. Also the official website has conflicting evidence claiming that corexit does not contain 2-butoxyethanol

2-butoxyethanol is a componenet of COREXIT 9527, which was used sparingly in the early days of the Gulf oil spill. COREXIT 9500, which does not contain 2-butoxyethanol, has been exclusively used for the majority of the remediation effort.

Yet even in their own propaganda piece, I found that tests claim to have found traces of 2-butoxyethanol in the oil spill relief workers.

According to Greenwire.com "OSHA's analysis of raw BP testing data concluded that among the 20 percent of sampled workers exposed to 2-butoxyethanol, 'the highest level measured was 0.8 ppm, and 90% of those were 0.2 ppm or less,' according to a statement from the agency. 'Every measurement was well below the NIOSH recommended limit of 5.0 ppm.'"

It is interesting to see the perspective of an entity who stands to benifit from the use of corexit. But what I am really interested in, is if the workers were not exposed to 2-butoxyethanol from Corexit, then how come traces of it were found in them?
The full article can be found here
This is also an interesting article from the New York Times.
OSHA responds to concerns about Gulf spill responders

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
SO.
WHOS GOING TO JAIL?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm certainly glad your over this.. to some extent you are. Others will not fair as well.. Think about it.. your in Alaska, once very pure in our food source from the Sea/Oceans..

Step back and think if you would... when was the worst of this (?) before this crisis... Last year. so to speak. Does it compare? To known sicknees right now?

Or those areas that were exposed to the Valdez cover up.... (Cleaning) Does that compare?

Most of those that worked that area are'nt here today to express their thoughts on Corexit now...
But they really were'nt aware at that time.. just wanted to save what they could...

Just looking for more insight my friend... I trust your doing well and your family!

Be wise, Be Well..
Jesse

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

It's my understanding that everything in Corexit is found in common household cleaning product's which I have no reason to doubt. They are also toxic if your foolish enough to swallow them, but just skin exposure would cause no more than a rash and in the case of an allergic reaction, a shot would solve it and when you leave the pretense of it, the reaction would go away.

Are you not aware that the skin is the largest organ in the body??
are you not aware that the nicoteen patch is applyed to the skin and absorbed into the body??
Are you not aware that many medications are now introduced to the body in this manner??

Are you aware that you should never put anything on your skin that you would not put in your mouth???

Also, I didn't happen to see "bruising" in your list of aliments??

Parker

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear of Lisa's passing, it is hard to believe that her looks had changed so much in such a short time, bless her and may she rest in peace.

I cannot say what I would like to about BP here, it would get me banned.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

ParkerCramer
Good insight.. most don't realize this...
Somehow I feel I know you.

Is your first name Richard?
Just asking.. I worked with a great guy that had a good bead on things..

Retired he is..

Later!

Jesse

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Could'nt watch the whole vid.... was about to cry. Poor women.

This is sickening that the people responsible for this still roam free in their wealth and safety

What a terrible world... I hope that she has found a better place on the other side.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This makes me feel an incredible sense of loss and sadness, seems everything is in the past two days. I am depressed over her life loss.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Suggestion,.
if someone had the time to invest in this,.
search for others that are sick or have perished
Due to BPs carelessness.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This deal is worse (in my opinion) than Katrina because it's so far spread. I'm thinking that this might have something to do with the fish die offs in the coastal areas.

Be that as it may, there needs to be some chemical analysis done, which of course won't be done.

What we, as a nation, have to do is clear. We have to, absolutely have to stop choosing the lesser of two evils, the empty promises, the lies of these people that request to be our leaders. This has to be pulled out by the roots. Look at the crowd we have right now - which one of them has actual real world experience other than activism? If these people were so damned "green" then why did they do this? Don't tell me that BP forced them. These are the same people that gave us the TSA, Homeland Security, digital television broadcasts, those stupid CFL bulbs with freaking mercury in them and have been ordering us around like we're a bunch of little kids for years - do it our way or else. So don't tell me that BP pushed them into this. It goes far deeper than that. We're sitting here drinking from our lead cups while Rome dies around us and blame each other. Time to work together to stop these idiots or we'll all die - mark my words.

This has been going on for years and years and years. Why can't we, as a people, actually choose someone who actually knows how the hell to run anything other than their mouths. Good God, this entire crop of clowns makes me sick and now people are dying because of it.

Oh well, as long as the MSM keeps cooperating with them, we're stuck. It's probably too late anyway. Good luck to us all.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Suggestion,.
if someone had the time to invest in this,.
search for others that are sick or have perished
Due to BPs carelessness.

Search youtube for corexit poisoning.You will see.Real people,real problems,just ignore the hype.
Kindra Arnesen,describes it as a soft kill bio weapon and more!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Corexit is made by BP guys:

Corexit[1] (often styled COREXIT)[2] is a product line of solvents primarily used as a dispersant for breaking up oil slicks. It is produced by Nalco Holding Company which is associated with BP and Exxon.[3]

They want to even make up money on the cleanup effort, or get rid of old corexit or something.

According to the EPA, Corexit is more toxic than dispersants made by several competitors and less effective in handling southern Louisiana crude.[26] On May 20, 2010, the EPA ordered BP to look for less toxic alternatives to Corexit, and later ordered BP to stop spraying dispersants, but BP responded that it thought that Corexit was the best alternative and continued to spray it.[4

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This really makes me feel helpless, I mean what can we do about this?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i hope you guys know why the govt did the BP oil spill- to demonstrate to the other party (hierarchic) who challenged the fact that the whole state of lousiana can be converted into a a MASSIVE oil field. also katrina was an effort to make people abandon Lousiana

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is really sad news

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's *heartbreaking* to watch her video. This is a real person, not a statistic. This situation is affecting so many other people along the coast, and penetrating into some of the inland areas from what has been said. Absolutely heartbreaking. She was someone's mother, daughter, sister, niece, aunt... friend. It is hard to turn a blind eye and dismiss it all when you can see a person directly affected by the situation, the spraying of toxins...

We can only hope that Corexit was sprayed for another reason than a mere catastrophic oil leak. What if our leaders had to choose between a lesser of two evils? I can't imagine what that might be, or be like, but I hope that there was some *bigger* reason that we aren't aware of. I hope it wasn't just about making money (the selling of Corexit).

No matter what, though, the human and ecological toll taken by the spraying of horrendous amounts of Corexit is environmentally and psychologically taxing. We can only hope that humans and Mother Nature are strong enough to survive this ghastly wound.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I believe all the Alaskan Valdez spill workers who were exposed to Corexit are now dead. And, seeing as how nothing is really being done to help the ones who were exposed in the gulf, I believe they will all be dead too within the same time frame. Hopefully it is true that the corexit breaks down & is harmless after a month, as was stated, so that it does not continue to be an ongoing problem for anyone other than those who were exposed before it could break down.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Speaking of who benefitted.....the Occupier in Chief will have 85 mil from this deal. And Brazilian drilling co Petrobas benefits

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Pneumonia can be due to microorganisms, irritants or an unknown causes.

This unfortunate lady was diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia which her doctor described as Mycaplasmal. This is of a type that is opportunistic and not responsive to antibacterials and is therefore treated with steroids instead. Opportunistic pneumonia includes those that frequently strike immunocompromised victims.

The bacteria responsible cause 80-100 percent of the contamination in lab cultures in Agar growth mediums, variably by country. It is very common in the environment but does not usually afflict healthy people.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The really sad part, was no doctor was up to the challenge of actually figuring out what was wrong. One would think something like this would make a career. But I guess when your medical system is based on the principals of capitalism, as opposed to basic human need, some bad things can happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join