It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger kills lion in Turkish zoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

A Bengal tiger has killed a lion at Ankara Zoo after finding a gap in the fence separating their cages, say zoo officials in the Turkish capital.

The tiger severed the lion's jugular vein in a single stroke with its paw, leaving the animal dying in a pool of blood, officials said.

They denied local media reports that the tiger had broken down the fence during the incident last September.

The zoo says it is safe for visitors, despite the incident.

Six tigers and two lions remain at the zoo.

here is a link www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
sad news really that they couldnt keep the cages maintained properly , the zoo will lose out and the world has lost a another lion, although my 5 year old son thought it was quite cool and started making tiger noises when i told him.
edit on 8-3-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

They denied local media reports that the tiger had broken down the fence during the incident last September.

Slow news day?

Still, severing the lion's jugular vein in a single stroke of its paw is a reminder of just how amazingly deadly these creatures can be.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Double cheeseburger.
Double decker bus.
Double your money.
Double, double toil and trouble.
Double post.
edit on 8/3/2011 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

yeah id say the bengal tiger is the real king of the jungle, it makes me kinda want one to take down the park and scare the pittbulls and rottweilers.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
*sings to self*

"What do tigers dream of, when they take a little tiger snooze?.................."
edit on 8-3-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: ha ha ha ha

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

The Tiger was quoted as saying, "King of the Jungle, my arse!"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, that settles that question that we argued over as kids: "Who would win a fight, a lion or a tiger?"

BUT....

"Who would win a fight, Mighty Mouse or Superman?" still remains a mystery, however.
edit on 8-3-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

The tigers have always been the King of the jungle because lions don't live in jungles (even though I believe the great African elephant deserves the title 10 fold)!

I'm not surprised; these two big cats should be separated. The strength of the tiger is greater than the lion.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The tigers have always been the King of the jungle because lions don't live in jungles (even though I believe the great African elephant deserves the title 10 fold)!

That's a very good point you brought up. We think of jungles we think of tropical rain forests. Lions don't live in jungles.

But they are pretty bad-ass residents of whatever-their-neighborhood-is-called.

new topics

top topics

join