It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Australian PM Gillard in disagreement on.....Vegemite?? :P

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Did anyone ever try vegemite in a bicuit, like shapes. They were awesome, I think they took them away because they were addictable.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Kryties

She has to support him, any Australian PM would. I mean would have you have used the phrase doe-eyed if she was a male PM??

Yep, lol.

It doesnt matter i guess, and yes we are supporting the US, but there are of course things that i am sure she would not agree with. But do you see that aired?? Of course not.

They have their discussion in the Oval office or in private before hand but to them they need the world to think they stand together on certain issues but not all.

Its the tip of the iceberg mate. Our countries politics is a shambles, as is evidenced by the last 'election'. The people didn't know who to vote for, both being as bad as the other, and it became a hung parliament.

I can't stand watching ANY of our pollies talk any more, everything that comes out of their mouths is designed for the 24 hour media cycle, and they will say ANYTHING they can to get their way, regardless if that means lying through their teeth.

It's complete bollocks. The system is broken and needs to be rebooted.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Yeah understand that - Just cant stand Gillard TBH. IMO she is was put in power by the US if you ask me with her coup. She is always supporting wars and was more than happy to oust Rudd who was trying to stop Aussie being sold out to the big coporate miners... she comes in knight in shining armor and says Rudd is ruining the economy - He was wanting to tax the people sucking the resources out more but because of the GFC people panic when the companies threaten to leave, as if they would pack up and leave. She always says more troops should be sent to support the US and even that She's "enthusiastic" about the prospects of a greater American military presence in Aussie - she is a pawn for the US that was put in place to ensure Aussie kept supplying them with the resources at prices their companies wanted and didnt threaten troop withdrawel like Rudd did.
Don't get me started on Obama and his "change" - change which country they fight is all we are about to see.

Julia Gillard backs Obama on 'staying the distance'
h ere

KEVIN Rudd continues to outpoll Julia Gillard as preferred Labor leader nine months after she replaced him as prime minister.
here

Rudd Pledges to Withdraw Australian Troops From Iraq
here

"During recent weeks, voter satisfaction with Ms Gillard has plummeted as the returns from her modified mineral resources rent tax were estimated to be down $60 billion on Mr Rudd's plan and she announced that she planned to introduce a carbon tax from July 1 next year -- despite having promised before the election not to bring in a carbon tax."
- The public now feeling less threatened by the miners withdrawel would like to see more return for their resources

edit on 8-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Your being sarcastic yea?? please tell me you are.....

That is nasty.///

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

lmao yeah and now Rudd is 10% up on preffered PM lol...

What a joke, i always hated what they did to Rudd. Fair enough the party may not have been happy with him but it is upto our vote to change that, not them.

Not much has changed since Gillard took power/.... as per usual.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

yeah but just spread it between Salad's.... it's awesome.

The new version Cheesymite is nice as well. LOL do you remember they tried to name Isnack 2.0 hehe. Although i kept a jar and is stashed away, unopened.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
No way man, not kiddin at all. The roast was awesome. I'm a vegemite kid!

Did you know that in some Australian Jails they inject vegemite?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Now your full of crap lol... hmm well perhaps not, lots of vitamin B
hey in regard to AU jails read my updated signature... you may find it interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Did you know that in some Australian Jails they inject vegemite?

Yes, when mixed with hot water. Supposed to be a massive vitamin B hit. Working hospitals I saw people get serious blood infection related illnesses and nearly die from doing this really stupid thing. The corrective services officer who accompanied one of them told me that there was no real high to doing it and most did it to go to hospital to escape the prison system for a few hours at least.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Before I go on I should say I am neither a Liberal OR Labor supporter. My idea of how to fix the country is to get rid of the bloody lot of them, Lib, Labor, Greens - EVERYONE. We need a complete reboot of our political system. I am sick to death of turning on my tele and seeing Ginger yap on about how bloody good she is, same with Mad Monk. Has anyone ever sat through an ABC Parliamentary Question time? It's utterly disgraceful, all they do is yell at each other, using veiled insults. NOTHING GETS DONE.

I've had it with our system. It's time the Aussie people booted the lot of them out and started again.

Spot on Kryties. Could not agree more. The system is a charade to keep us divided and distracted, to make us choose sides. Bring on open democracy, bring on open source money. What we need is a revolution of the mind, a radical re-think of, well, how we think.

BTW, promite craps all over vegemite, that little bit of sugar does the trick. I like a bit of the stuff in my bolognese sauce, saves using salt and a bit more tasty

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The Australian Labour Government backs the US. The majority of Australians however DO NOT.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Well i stand by fellow citizens, no matter what country you are from, elections are always crap, we never really have a say about what direction the government wants to go.

The US citizens are just like us in many ways, it's the governments and political systems that are a train wreck....

So i stand by the US people but it's government is a different story.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join