It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Australian PM Gillard in disagreement on.....Vegemite?? :P

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hi All,

Just a quick post in regard to our Australian PM, Julia Gillard and her visit to Washington. I noticed after a search it had not been covered so far. Although not a conspiracy, it is still relevant on a political level.

Apart from the title there were much more important things being discussed, including; Libya, Carbon taxes, The Asia Pacific Region and the 60 year anniversary of the ANZUS treaty which is in regard to the allied statis of the US and AU.

I just thought it rather comical of the dissagreement on Vegemite lol. Being an Aussie myself i love vegemite, but the trick is not to put too much on your sandwhich or toast. Unlike Jam ( Jelly ) or Peanut butter... yum im getting kinda hungry.

Anyways here is the full version of President Obama's and PM Julia Gillard viist to Wakefield High School in Arlington, VA.

Also an extra clip of their press conference at the Whitehouse.

Good to see we are still strong friends, although to add my own opinion to story in regard to America, i wish Obamas has been able to do more in his time in office. Although...what should i care... i guess, but i feel for all our frinds in the states.

As i said it is great to see we are still good allies, and although i disagree with some parts of the US political system, id rather them allies than enemies.... The miltary that is.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Vegemite, is the "poor mans" Marmite.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

but the trick is not to put too much on your sandwhich or toast.

I love the stuff and can eat it with a spoon straight from the jar ..... Feeling hungry!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

lol i gave you a star, coz it's just funny... hehe.

Vegemite is gold and i have had Marmite, it's nothing special.... Pretty much the same.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

eeck!! Thats nasty!!

I have grown up with it and i cant eat it like that! Yuuck!

50/20 Butter or margarine and 20% Vegemite.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I mix it with boiling water and drink it. Delicious!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

IMO just more rubbish to distract us from the US creating wars and Australia supporting them.
Marmite.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

What!! Thats crazy!!

Perhaps it clears the sinuses haha :p

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I guess, but it was just a 3 minutes clip from the high school visit ( and only because Gillard was asked the question by a high school student ). There were much more important things they discussed....

Watch the second clip...
edit on 8-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
ummm ... excuse me .. why has no one mentioned PROMITE ?
This is the greatest of all !!

Also, funny how our great leaders can be so nonchalant during such times of turmoil.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Also just wanted to add:

That Vegemite and Marmite are basically made from the saem ingredients. Look up their sites, or better yet;

www.marmite.com...

www.vegemite.com.au...

www.masterfoods.com.au...

Although the product - Marmite was made about 20 years before Vegemite, it was made for the UIK and of course in the Early 20th century, we took our inspiration from the UK. Although i finf Vegemite has a better '' kick '' than Marmite, it's kinda bland.

But each to our own i guess, i dont understand peanut butter and jam ( jelly ) sandwhiches, but our US friends for the most part have grown up with and love it....
edit on 8-3-2011 by Havick007 because: Addeed Promite link for; ppk55

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

hehe.. promite.

I have seen that on the s/market shelves.. never been tempted. Although they are all very similar,

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I mix it with boiling water and drink it. Delicious!

-m0r

Now that's poor mans Bonox lol lol!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

eeck!! Thats nasty!!

I have grown up with it and i cant eat it like that! Yuuck!

50/20 Butter or margarine and 20% Vegemite.

I can't stand it with butter or marg or even more gross is cheese & vegemite!

But my brother takes the cake he has it with Jam (called jelly in the US) ... now that's nasty lol lol lol!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I like Bovril too - but Vegemite has a particular zing to it which makes it feel less like an indulgence (or throwback to 80's soccer games).

-m0r

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So, I watched that White House interview last night and all I saw was Obama yapping on about how good Australia is and Gillard looking back at him doe-eyed - then screaching back for a minute or two.

Our political system is a complete joke. I was reading an article written by John Hewson the other day that sums up our political system and the politicians nicely:

www.smh.com.au...

Rise of the machines
John Hewson
February 27, 2011

Today's politicians are a bunch of robots who would rather chase soundbites than make policy.

My old mate Paul Keating once said to me, ''You have to understand, mate, politics to me is just a game, and I will say or do whatever I have to, to win.''

If politics was a ''game'' in '93, it has been refined to an artform today. The focus now is simply on winning the 24-hour media cycle or, increasingly, cycles within that cycle. Players, now mostly political apparatchiks, still say or do whatever it takes to win. But now policies are little more than ephemeral utterances created from focus groups and polling, summarised in a media grab. It has become a race to the bottom as they contest to be even smaller political targets. Promises and commitments too are ephemeral, to be subsequently and easily dispensed with as ''non-core'' or semantics.

Personalities and their foibles now dominate. Much news is little better than Hollywood gossip. Fear and misrepresentation are fundamental to the political weaponry. Genuine policy debate is virtually non-existent. Problems remain unsolved, and are left to fester. Basic service delivery wanes.

The low point, for now anyway, was the last federal election, where the electorate didn't really like either leader, in part for the way they each got there, or their policies. The lowest common denominator, an unintended, ungovernable hung parliament, was the result.

www.smh.com.au...

Before I go on I should say I am neither a Liberal OR Labor supporter. My idea of how to fix the country is to get rid of the bloody lot of them, Lib, Labor, Greens - EVERYONE. We need a complete reboot of our political system. I am sick to death of turning on my tele and seeing Ginger yap on about how bloody good she is, same with Mad Monk. Has anyone ever sat through an ABC Parliamentary Question time? It's utterly disgraceful, all they do is yell at each other, using veiled insults. NOTHING GETS DONE.

I've had it with our system. It's time the Aussie people booted the lot of them out and started again.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

aww no, i realise now that by my thread title i have started a food debate,... eeck. This was supposed to be political with a humurous title...

Also i guess with all the names, it all comes down to branding... if you get my point.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

She has to support him, any Australian PM would. I mean would have you have used the phrase doe-eyed if she was a male PM??

It doesnt matter i guess, and yes we are supporting the US, but there are of course things that i am sure she would not agree with. But do you see that aired?? Of course not.

They have their discussion in the Oval office or in private before hand but to them they need the world to think they stand together on certain issues but not all.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

OMG, one of the local pizza shops did a cheese and vegemite pizza for a short time, i actually cringed when the owner first told me about it but after i tried it actually wasnt too bad

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I love vegemite, and promite. I made a roast beef one night and rolled it in Vegemite and some other ingredients. It was awesome. I can eat it inch thick, the more the better, yeah my Granma, used to give me boiled vegemite soup. RRRGH no i'm hungry again - time for toast and vegemite. Maybe with melted cheese.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join