It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese helicopter make extremely dangerous fly-by over a Japanese destroyer near contested islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Japan is pissed, of course.

Japan protest over 'dangerous' China helicopter fly-by

Japan has lodged a formal protest after a Chinese helicopter flew close to its destroyer in the East China Sea.

The Japanese ship was on patrol near a disputed gas field that both countries want to exploit.

Japan's Defence Minister Toshimi Kitazawa called the aerial manoeuvre by the Chinese helicopter "extremely dangerous".

Officials say it flew within 70m (230ft) of the Japanese destroyer, Samidare, at an altitude of less than 40m.

The ship was on patrol near a long-disputed gas field, which stretches into an area where the two countries' claimed exclusive economic zones overlap.

This was quite a dangerous maneuver... China stirring up trouble again....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Wonder what type of copter that was?

Was it military? Armed? Civilian? Some punk having a joy ride?

Those details are missing, something tells me that if it was military the Japanese would, or at least should have taken it out with a burst of machine gun fire.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That´s the second Time in less than a Week,isn´t it? You mentioned something about Jets flying near Japan something a few Days ago...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A more pro active or assertive approach may or could have been to strew cabling around the ship in question in order to deter such a stunt , assuming such an idea is feasible of course . Japan is slowly moving towards more of a regular defence force then its current set up of the Self Defence Forces .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
First we let China into the world trade orginazation. Then we give them our and jobs and wealth. Now that China is a rising power they feel the urge to flex thier might.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
reply to post by Vitchilo

That´s the second Time in less than a Week,isn´t it? You mentioned something about Jets flying near Japan something a few Days ago...

Indeed. Last time, China sent two planes near another contested island and Japan scrambled F-15C.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They should both back off and apologize in the interest of world peace in our turbulent times. And give us pause and satisfaction over seeing nations grow up and finally get along despite the horrible conflicts historically.

They could form talks on deciding how to split the contested territory, and come willing to take concessions or make good offers.

That would be real progress between nations.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From what ive read, ive got a couple of points to question;

1. The account given by the officials in the article doesnt sound anywhere near a dangerous as you are making it out to be (230ft away from the ship and 131ft in altitude).

2. I find it quite sad that a few posters from a site that's tag line is "deny Ignorance" jump so redaly on the "lets blame China" side of the argument without even hearing China's version of events.

Now before I get shot down here, I am on Japan's side in this argument I believe China has so much land already which is not put to good use to squable over a few relatively tiny islands.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmo5
Now before I get shot down here, I am on Japan's side in this argument I believe China has so much land already which is not put to good use to squable over a few relatively tiny islands.

Image taken from Ft article

Remember China is always gonna want to take Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It is not so important that where the Chinese helicopter fly-by ,rosetta stone Koreanthe really strange thing is that how can the Japanese destroyer sail near the contested islands without any criticism...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
First we let China into the world trade orginazation. Then we give them our and jobs and wealth. Now that China is a rising power they feel the urge to flex thier might.

You know whats japan its Americas puppet country or rather satellite state.
In fact every NATO Country now act as satellite state country to America and britian.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
do not be surprised,it is must cause war,there are this kind of issues in almost every month.

new topics

top topics

join