It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having Mortal children is a form of Murder! Thank your Mum & Dad for having Sex that Killed YOU!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Explanation: Face it! If they [your parents] didn't do the wild thing, you wouldn't be living with this death sentence!

Thats a conspiracy of the highest order between two people who claim they truely love you and yet they made you mortal and therefor garanteed your future demise!

There is no reasonable excuse for this! No! Not even 'oh we owe it to the human race to make sure it continues without us into the future' because we don't owe it anything as it requires us and that requirement negates and pays for anything we might have owed it. Fair is Fair!

So what do you parents have to say for yourselves?

And what do you children of such parents have to say?

Please go read the T&C's so that I don't have to go alerting the mods as I'm sure such a revelation will cause and create much vitriol and angst! Aim that at yourselves OK!

Personal Disclosure: I am NOT presently and nor have I been a parent in this lifetime! This makes me an independant observer and I note that being a parent doesn't give one any moral authority than anybody else.

P.S. If your not fully human this thread does NOT apply to you and I would ask such members to answer instead the following question...

What does this say about Humanity?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It is not a death sentence to be born as you live on through your children and their children and in the memory of your friends,so no one really dies unless they have had no children ,no friends and no effect on anyone else.

edit on 8-3-2011 by 12voltz because: of the salmon mousse

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively outnumbers the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here."
- Richard Dawkins

The above sums up my feeling on this better than I ever could.

I very rarely understand anything you post OL, and I definitely do not understand your logic here. But I would like to thank your parents for bringing you into this word so that you were able to create such a thread in the first place.

Here's to OL's parents!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
A valid point, I guess.

Mind you, it is only to a certain degree.

Have you not enjoyed your life? I'm sure many times in your life have been enjoyable, and so you have your parents to thank for that, by your thinking.

Do you not have the means to live as long as you can through good life habits? You have a mortal life, sure, but that does not mean you have to die at a young age. Live healthy and die happy.

Did your parents love each other? IF they did, they probably thought it would be a loving thing to give birth to you, in order that you, too, may enjoy such a divine feeling such as love.

Do you truly think that your life is a horrid nightmare that will end with you kicking and screaming?

Just live and enjoy.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Here's what i have to say about my parnets.

I am ETERNALLY grateful to them for giving me the opportunity to experience all the goodness and hardships in this life so that i can teach my children about love, honestly, joy and forgiveness. I am also ETERNALLY garteful to my parents for allowing me to fall in love with another human and to have the fantastic friends that i have, and the ability to have a choice in how i live and experience my life.

Here's what i will say to my child when he is older.

Your mother and i wanted you in our lives so that we could love you NO-END and so that you may have the opportunity to experience true love and have the amazing joy of having children of your own one day. When your older you will understand just what its like to have a child and love another being in ways you cant even imagine.

I will never blame my parents for MURDERING me because i would go through the death experinece as a price for the love and joy i have experienced as a Human Being!
edit on 8/3/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Didn't bother reading all your post.. Your title is enough and is complete nonsense..
Life is beautiful, some of the things I've experienced in life have made this death sentence as you call it, well worth it..
And I am eternally grateful to my parents for allowing me to experience the beauty and joy of life..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ya know, I get your point, but, I just soooo didn't need to think about my parents doin' the 'wild thing' this early in the morning. Yeee Gawds, and the visual! EEEKKKK!

Here ya go -

The Rainbow

My heart leaps up when I behold
A Rainbow in the sky:

So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!

The Child is father of the man;
And I could wish my days to be

'The child it the father of the man...'

I just love that one... Thank you William Wordsworth!

peace
edit on 8-3-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Also, how many IMMORTAL children do you know?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Explanation: Do you have any proof or reincarnation or ressurection of the spirit to back up and robustly support the argument that your post has brought to the table?

Personal Disclosure:
Because I am more than just some genes!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Explanation: Regardless of the 'odd's it is still a form of murder!

Personal Disclosure: I will pass the message on to me bemused parents!
Cheers and thank you!

P.S. St*r for flattering my parents! Now go thank yours!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
In my lifetime I've seen the Taj Mahal, walked through the akihabara district of Tokyo, flew over the Grand Canyon, visited my ancestral home in Ireland.

I've met many MANY great people, some who have remained lifelong friends, others I've lost contact with as this crazy thing we call LIFE has taken us on all sorts of weird and wonderful journeys.

Unfortunately, I have no recollection of my time as an unborn idea of a human being, so I'd like to thank my Mum and Dad for busting me out of that dull existence in exchange for this mortal, fleeting but TOTALLY enjoyable one.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I am not talking reincarnation or ressurrection,thats not my bag ,man.What i am talking about cannot be seen in a physical sense ,Its a memory or a smell of someones perfume ,or a song like 'Africa ' by TOTO or a photo or video of someone skydiving and the chute fails to open.Do you remember that person who died not long ago,Yes? See they live on

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Explanation: None of the answers to your questions mitigate the facts! Murder is Murder regardless of how long it takes one to die or how good they felt before their deaths as they could of, for example, been whacked out of their minds on drugs and the drugs were being used to kill them!

Personal Disclosure: My answers to your questions.

1] Yes I have not enjoyed my life.

2] I am not automous and independant so No I don't have the means.

3] Yes they do love each other and are still together and married.

4] Regardless of what I think the fact is I am going to die and the responsibility for that lies in my parents laps! [pun also intended
]

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Explanation: The title explicitly says to Thank them and not Blame them so I'm not sure why you brought up blame?

Personal Disclosure: But thank you for answering the question!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The thoughtless spasm of momentary pleasure that my parents engaged in, they were programmed to engage in. I forgive them. I still wish they hadn't. But one can hardly blame them. For the couple of decades that sex is still a reasonable response to this hell-world, that's what people tend to do to pass the time. I used to do it too, and with similar results! I only hope my own progeny are as forgiving as I have been, when they realize what a dung-filled, prison world they have been blessed with occupying. Thanks to me, and my momentary spasm.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Explanation: It's called Stockholm Syndrome [wiki]

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, essentially mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness.

Personal Disclosure:
Seek Help IMMEDIATELY!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

What does this say about Humanity?

That some people have far too much time on there hands.
I don't even think I can find a point to it, maybe there is something else you are not telling us. It wouldn't be good business to just speculate now would it?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Why are people so afraid to die? I find it pointless to fear the inevitable. If I were immortal I wouldn't want to be stuck in this body for eternity anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You make a fair enough point in your opening post.

However death is an illusion.

Its not real.

Get over the fear and then you might be able to bring someone else into this magical planet.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
What about the children that get turned into Vampires and become immortal, they blow your arguement right out the water
Plus if you really feel like this then you must have a crappy life and I urge you to change it as life is a fun, happy ride if you are in the right frame of mind

top topics

<<   2 >>

join