It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for Israel: High in US, Low in World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Support for Israel: High in US, Low in World

www.israelnationalnews.com

The latest Gallup poll, carried out by phone in early February on 1,015 randomly-selected adults living in the continental U.S., finds that Americans are nearly four times as likely to side with Israel as with the Palestinian Authority. While 17% said they sympathize more with the Palestinians, some 63% said their sympathies lie more with the Israelis. Only in 1991 was there more support for Israel: 64%.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Though in the United States, the picture for Israel is fairly rosy, a BBC poll finds support for Israel dropping around the world. In fact, Israel is more popular than only three countries: none other than Pakistan, North Korea, and Iran. Israel thus finished 24th out of 27 countries that were measured.

Some 28,000 people took part in the on-line survey between December ’10 and February of this year. Only 21% said they felt positively about Israel (more than the 19% of last year), compared with 49% who felt the opposite. In only four countries, supporters of Israel outnumbered its detractors: the U.S., Russia, Ghana, and India.

Unbelievable but not surprising. This is what Netanyahu said some ten years ago while unknowingly being filmed: “America is something that can be easily moved. Moved in the right direction. … They won’t get in our way … 80 percent of the Americans support us. It’s absurd.”

He didn't get the number right, but you get the point - it's absurd indeed how easily Americans get manipulated.

I wonder what needs to happen for Americans to finally see the light.

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
No surprise there... Between the money israel spends on politicians, media in the u.s and that most americans dont travel abroad... They're largely clueless about the world outside the u.s and the genocide / crimes against humanity israel commits... Whereas other countries travel more and have had alot more palestinian survivors / refugees show up... Doubt the u.s will stop supporting the israeli regime too brainwashed along with too much similar bloodthirsty mentality..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I don't support lying murderers no, not usually.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Not surprising...

Especially since iirc 75% of Americans don't own a passport to travel, and have any interest whatsoever in the surrounding world...

It's not their fault though i guess... i should be blaming the media and corrupt governments over there.

edit on 8-3-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Know why? Two words : EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS.

Also all the propaganda 24/7 in the US about how Israel can do no wrong and how all muslims are evil and want us all dead....

Guess what people, ALL THEOCRACIES are bad, including Israel.

A country that was created by the British elite to have a foot in the middle-east, a reason to be there.

The average Israelis are like all of us, pawns in a bigger game, and they will suffer since they are pawns for the profit of the few at the top.

We must support the Israeli people who want a real government, a good one, not a war criminal one like has been ruling Israel for all it's existence.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Who's to say they were "randomly" selected?
Who owns the poll company?

I highly doubt if they asked every American they would get the same result..

Numbers games are easy to manipulate..
I seriously believe Americans are more awake than thos numbers suggest..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
We must support the Israeli people who want a real government, a good one, not a war criminal one like has been ruling Israel for all it's existence.

Wholeheartedly agree. I cannot support the Israeli government, but I do support their right of existence. Arab nations should accept that Israel is there, and they have every right to live and defend their nation. However, I cannot agree with the ongoing expansion of Israeli territory. Illegal settlements are continued to be build, Palestinians are routinely killed by settlers and thrown out of their houses. The Israeli government passively allows it to happen and it is obvious that they don't consider peace at their best interest (Netanyahu has acknowledged that).

The problem is, a very large share of the Israeli population support their government's policy and nothing will change unless the US stops protecting them in unjustifiable situations. Take for instance the no-fly zone the US badly wants to implement over Libya. Where was the US when Israel bombed the hell out of the Gaza strips a few years back? I didn't hear the word 'no-fly zone' even once.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
we're literally thier only ally, we give them bazillions in free everything they never intend on paying back, and we are knee deep in thier whole middle east mess. and the nice little cherry on top?? they are numeral uno when it comes to spying on us, for decades, and yes even worse then the russians given the subject matter.

but we put up with it cause for one they got heavy pull in this country, financially and politically, not to mention they single handedly run the largest media corp in the known world. and let us never forget that us assuring thier existance in israel will somehow bring forth the christain rapture, though I'm still not sure why everyone is so caught up with that idea.

and last but not least they managed to successfully program in the "anti-semite" guilt trip into us. hell you can argue they drive the core of the racism machine. in america lawsuits are A-OK!!!! and once the lawyers get you that way, that turn you around, bend you over, and sodomize you with the "political-correctness" BS. inslave the morons with ACLU and whatever else. we are israel's monkey for sure!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I personaly veiw the situation thusly. Israel , and the Israeli people, Im fine with. I have no quarrel with them whatsoever. But, Israels political leaders, lobby members, party activists, military leaders, and every fool who ever followed the orders of any of those people.... I have a problem with that.

I have no problem with Israel existing, I am happy that it does in fact. Everyone deserves somewhere to be. However, I have a problem with thier use of overwhelming force against civillians, I have a problem with thier building on land they have no right to , I have a problem with them using white phosphorus in a civillian area, I have a problem with thier way of dealing with protests and aid convoys and I have a problem with the excuse they use to justify this behaviour.

They claim that being beseiged on all sides by unfriendly nations, means that they have to react firmly and with maximum damage to ANY threat, no matter the size. They do not frame thier explanation of thier actions in those precise words, but that is the intent behind thier protestations of necessity. However, Israel is the centre for developement of defense weapons platforms, which could render the whole of thier nation UTTERLY impregnable in terms of being attacked with missile or bullet, from outside thier territory. There are area defense weapons , built and developed in Israel which can track and destroy any projectile round of any size, therefore , mounted correctly in strategic locations along its border, this tech would utterly eliminate the threat from the "bottle rockets" and motars, RPG rounds, bullets and missiles, that they use as an excuse to murder innocent non combatant targets. However, to fit this technology to thier border defense posts, would remove the threat to the people, and reduce support for thier continued expansions, and attacks into Palestine, because to remove the threat, is to remove the fear that keeps the Israeli population from dissenting against thier own government and demanding peace.

I am of course more than aware that Palestine has its share of murderous villany , probably more than its share. But I am also accutely aware that when a solution to a threat can be found, which involves no blatant murder, no collateral damage, then it should be implimented , no matter the cost, and no matter the political difficulty one might encounter along the way. The fact that these solutions are not being found by Israel, which would be the most fiscaly and technologicaly advanced nation of the two, means that the intent behind the choice not to impliment these solutions is toxic, for there can be no decent explanation, other than moral retardation on the part of the Israeli leadership.
Those scumbags, I DO have a major bone to pick with. You want to use the homeland of the son of God as a base of operations for a campaign of murder? You want to dupe your own nation into letting you do it for decades? You want to put your own people in danger to give yourself an excuse to murder innocent people? Then yeah, that causes a problem .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Those revolutions if successful will unite the democratic arab countries against israel. No war of course but lots of political power.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Support the Israely people yes, Support its Government NO. After thier policies towards Palestine,it is a no wonder not alot of people support thier country or that government.

It is the people in Israel, whom suffer as a conseqeunce of thier Governments actions.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Support the Israely people yes, Support its Government NO. After thier policies towards Palestine,it is a no wonder not alot of people support thier country or that government.

It is the people in Israel, whom suffer as a conseqeunce of thier Governments actions.

Yes well "Laura" the Israelis need to denounce their governments dont they ?

Like I have done , NOT IN MY NAME !

Poor Palestinians dont even have a chance to speak out so I do it for them .

Only scum invade foreign countries .
Israel Usa and UK evil methodology .

FREE PALESTINE

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Israel offers no objective benefit for the US. None. It uses the US as a sacrificial anode for its' own ship of state while the US corrodes away. Israel is supported by the US overtly and through organized criminal networks covertly. Russian mafia? Think again. A cynic would suggest our legal system has been manipulated and redefined into a self justifying labyrinth designed for a privileged class to negotiate for their benefit at the expense of the productive public. To succeed it must target the deep pockets of a targeted 'otherclass' sometimes called marks and then justify stealing from them without fear of retribution. De facto transformed secretly to de jur and ultimately to "De end".
Somehow, in return our leaders and our legal system have been influenced into volunteering us all to be Israels very real bulletproof vest, with all the very real consequences and no benefits. Somehow our special best friend has pushed us into the fight they had begun with the arabs and positioned themselves so that to get to them. the arabs have to go through us.
Lets see why we are such extras good pals.
Do we share a common culture? NO
De we share a common religion? NO
Do we have the same goals? NO
Do we demonstrate reciprocity in financial matters? NO
Do we provide equality in opportunity for all in matters of govt? NO
Do we share a common language? NO
DO we share a common border or continent ? NO
Do we have any real influence in the function of their govt or politics? NO
Do we get any visible return for the 7k dollars per Israeli citizen that US taxes provide yearly? NO
So, where exactly is a real framework for common ground and common cause that's needed for a real mutual relationship?
What we do have is an admittedly by doctrine insular country that is tribal in origin and tribal in its' goals and exclusionary and adversarial by nature and law intentionally exploiting the resources of a donor country based on christian principles that are by nature fundamentally repugnant to the donor.
Perhaps it would be best to consider in detail the definition of 'ally, one that is based in reality and cold appraisal of fact, and not based on a definition defined by those that have spun it to contrary sophistry designed to bleed one country to feed another country. The talmud makes it quite clear who is freind and who is foe, and why it's so. .
Which israeli organization has as its motto: 'By deception we (will) make war'?
The reality of geopolitics is that allies last as long as there is profitability in the relationship, and many wonder exactly where Americas own profit enters into the picture? How did Americans get to believe that any another foreign entity deserves to exist while Americans are bled white supporting it? America's gotten nothing at all for this relationship, and since Israel has never been so kind to have provided a single functional nonsymbolic kindness to America for its decades of sponsorship and defense at its height one can guess what institutional kindness is forthcoming when America finds itself needing substantial support from its ally that had abused it so.
edit on 8-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

It's all about who controls the region at the end of the day.

Without Israel, we wouldn't be the dominate player in this oil rich region. We need Israel as leverage when dealing with Middle East countries. Just like we need Taiwan to keep China in check.

Not that I support our relationship with Israel, but I do see why we hold on to them so dearly. Israels policies have a direct impact on all her neighbors.

We had it all planned from the get-go. A region divided between Arabs-Israelis. And in such a conflict, the people of the Arab nations came together with a mutual goal. And considering that, it was easy for the west to appoint a KING when all the people are united with a mutual objective. These kings may say they are anti-Israel and that they fight against Israel to win support, but at the end of the day, it's all behind the scenes deals.

It's all Americas strategy to control the region.
edit on 8-3-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

It's all about who controls the region at the end of the day.

Without Israel, we wouldn't be the dominate player in this oil rich region. We need Israel as leverage when dealing with Middle East countries. Just like we need Taiwan to keep China in check.

Not that I support our relationship with Israel, but I do see why we hold on to them so dearly. Israels policies have a direct impact on all her neighbors.

We had it all planned from the get-go. A region divided between Arabs-Israelis. And in such a conflict, the people of the Arab nations came together with a mutual goal. And considering that, it was easy for the west to appoint a KING when all the people are united with a mutual objective. These kings may say they are anti-Israel and that they fight against Israel to win support, but at the end of the day, it's all behind the scenes deals.

It's all Americas strategy to control the region.

We'll continue to disagree, then. I find not any single demonstrable objective benefit for the nation with affiliation with the israelis. Every dollars worth of alleged benefit received, costs us a hundreds of dollars in unforseen negative fallout.
Izzies only do their own bidding, and that's as it should be for any nation, and as we should do such for ours,. yet the results are clear and we still fight an avoidable fight for a questionable ally for no demonstrable benefit, unless you consider exctasy and eastern european sex slaves a national benefit There's never been a need for the US to chose one and discard the other in the ME, especially where the fallout is counter intuitive to national sovereignity. It should have been just business, you know. Just how everyone else on the planet is. The founders warned aginst foreign entanglments for good reason. You,friend, have failed to describe any demonstrable objective national benefit for America by involving ourselves into a millenia old fight amongst entitlement minded cousins, the fight not resolvable, not due to vast differences, no, but due to vast overwhelming similarities. Americas conficts with the muz would be far more tolerable and resolvable if the US didnt have to proxy a nd atone not only for themselves but for the Izzies before anything else.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
You,friend, have failed to describe any demonstrable objective national benefit for America by involving ourselves into a millenia old fight amongst entitlement minded cousins,

Another common misconception. This fight has been going on for nearly 90 years, ever since the British Mandate of Palestine in 1920.

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecherAmericas conficts with the muz would be far more tolerable and resolvable if the US didnt have to proxy a nd atone not only for themselves but for the Izzies before anything else.

Like I said in the previous post. The main objective of the United States is to be the number 1 super power, and have dominating control in the region. Right now we are competing with China for regional influence, as they are becoming more and more dependent on oil. Just like in the cold war, we are here fighting to spread our sphere of influence, and Israel is a perfect example of that. Israel, being a nuclear armed nation, has much say in most middle east politics. Israel has as much of a say in Jordan politics, then King Abdullah.

see, our relationship with Israel can be traced to Soviet days, when we were fighting the spread of communism in the Middle East by supplying Israel with military aid and assistance. Israel became our 'proxy' state just like South Korea and South Vietnam. They were our beachhead in fighting the spread of communism in the Middle East. But now that we've triumphed over Communism, we are fighting for regional supremacy. Instead of dropping a nuclear Israel and letting them do their own thing in the Middle East, we held onto them, putting them on a long leash and used them as our Ace of Spades when dealing with competition like Iran, Iraq, Syria, China, Russia ect all who want to increase their influence in the region. Without Israel breathing over the shoulders of the Middle East leaders, do you think America would be so influential in the particular region? For Christ sakes, we are the most oil dependent nation in the world, it is in our own interest that we be the dominating power. And we cannot do it ourselves, because we'd draw to much international condemnation. But with Israel, we are able to keep Arab nations on their knees, while our power still stands.

Like I said, it's about who controls the region at the end of the day.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
You,friend, have failed to describe any demonstrable objective national benefit for America by involving ourselves into a millenia old fight amongst entitlement minded cousins,

Another common misconception. This fight has been going on for nearly 90 years, ever since the British Mandate of Palestine in 1920.

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecherAmericas conficts with the muz would be far more tolerable and resolvable if the US didnt have to proxy a nd atone not only for themselves but for the Izzies before anything else.

Like I said in the previous post. The main objective of the United States is to be the number 1 super power, and have dominating control in the region. Right now we are competing with China for regional influence, as they are becoming more and more dependent on oil. Just like in the cold war, we are here fighting to spread our sphere of influence, and Israel is a perfect example of that. Israel, being a nuclear armed nation, has much say in most middle east politics. Israel has as much of a say in Jordan politics, then King Abdullah.

see, our relationship with Israel can be traced to Soviet days, when we were fighting the spread of communism in the Middle East by supplying Israel with military aid and assistance. Israel became our 'proxy' state just like South Korea and South Vietnam. They were our beachhead in fighting the spread of communism in the Middle East. But now that we've triumphed over Communism, we are fighting for regional supremacy. Instead of dropping a nuclear Israel and letting them do their own thing in the Middle East, we held onto them, putting them on a long leash and used them as our Ace of Spades when dealing with competition like Iran, Iraq, Syria, China, Russia ect all who want to increase their influence in the region. Without Israel breathing over the shoulders of the Middle East leaders, do you think America would be so influential in the particular region? For Christ sakes, we are the most oil dependent nation in the world, it is in our own interest that we be the dominating power. And we cannot do it ourselves, because we'd draw to much international condemnation. But with Israel, we are able to keep Arab nations on their knees, while our power still stands.

Like I said, it's about who controls the region at the end of the day.

WOW! Just... wow!

US has no bases in israel, and no rights of passage or support from them as such. If only the world was high school, and naive bluster and unsubstantiated bumpersticker assertions were automatically valid as claimed, you'd be right. What flavor is israeli koolaid?
Remember the USS LIBERTY, perhaps the survivors may want to set you straight about exactly who our friends in the ME are?
edit on 8-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: spelling and clarity

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You wondered why we support Israel in your original post, and I'm giving you my opinion as to why our relationship with Israel still exists. You can take the information I presented to you, or you can leave it. I frankly couldn't give 2 squats.

Because obviously there is something driving the relationship, even after the hard aches we've went through (as you mentioned the USS liberty). So if we aren't friends of theirs, why do we keep them under our wing? Does it make sense to you, after all the provoking Israel has done to the United States, that we still keep them safe? Not saying that I reject your claim, in fact I endorse it. We are not friends of Israel. But putting that aside, they still offer us a strategic advantage when dealing with their neighboring Arab countries.

Just another day in the life of politics my man.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Free speech is a funny thing Just because you can, doesnt mean you ought to. Besides spewing implanted and fanciful unproven bromides, how about that actual list of wonderful real actual things we've gotten from our dear extraspecial special friends in the ME.
It would be foolish for me to dislike or love the issies any more than I dislike or love any other group competing with me and my kind for resources. With time and experience you'll; perhaps learn that the world is a competitive place and if you dont put your own land and tribe as paramount regarding your own priorities the ones you defer to will ultimately find a way to take your rights for themselves. One shouldnt offer too much for too little as it only proves feebleness in this world, and christian charity and generosity is never valued or appreciated in nonchristian lands as they see if for what it is politically, which is a subversion and demonstration of the relative barbarity of the recipient.
Why does the US transfuse its' last drops of blood to another unthankful nation? Why arent the rabs our friends, at least they power the nation, for a price. For the actual rulers of this nation ( the illuminating list of which is here somewhere) it clearly must be their proirity even upon and beyond bankruptcy of the nation, certainly above even our own citizens.
You have much to learn about this world
edit on 9-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: because you cant handle the truth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join