It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Popstar Predicts Lady Dianas Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I have allways been a huge fan of The Smith, and laterly their magnificent lead singer Morrissey. They were a great band of the early 80's, who were unlike any band ever before, or since. Perhaps an aquired taste, but I would urge everyone to listed to some The Smiths albums ASAP!!!! Brilliant stuff.

Any way, on to the point of this thread; Did morrissey predict the death of Lady Diana through his work?

THE DIANA-MORRISSEY PHENOMENON

August 31, 1978:
19 year-old Steven Morrissey first meets guitarist Johnny Marr,
the one who will launch Morrissey's career several years later
by aggressively enlisting him to co-found a band: The Smiths.

August 31, 1997:
19 years to-the-day since Morrissey met guitarist Johnny Marr,
Princess Diana is killed under circumstances foreshadowed
in Morrissey's work, beginning with an album by The Smiths.

This fabulous web site outlines in some great detail the correlations between the two. I would urge you to read all of it (It won't take long, it is succinct) before making your mind up.

www.dianamystery.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
That's a bit of a stretch, anybody can look at those 'this day in history' websites and come up with something like that.
Personally I feel the Mccartney is dead one is infinitely better.

Although it could explain why Morrisey sounded so depressed all the time

edit on 8-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
No.

I really cannot buy this. They also had an album called The Queen Is Dead, however, she is still very much kicking around in Buckingham Palace. So even if he was somehow right with his Diana prediction, he's been waiting a long time for his Queen one

People like to find links in music.

Playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon alongside The Wizard Of Oz.

Looking at Beatles album covers and listening to lyrics suggests Paul really did die in a car crash in 1967.

Don't believe the hype

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALadInsane
No.

I really cannot buy this. They also had an album called The Queen Is Dead, however, she is still very much kicking around in Buckingham Palace. So even if he was somehow right with his Diana prediction, he's been waiting a long time for his Queen one

Don't believe the hype

It is apparent you did not even read as much as 1 page on the link I posted. And yet you have an opinion. Fascinating!

I'd like to be a Queen of People's Hearts, in people's hearts

- Princess Diana, BBC2 PANORAMA Interview, November 20, 1995

That is the album this site is about. You would have known that had you bothered to look at it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

No.

Don't believe the hype

It is apparent you did not even read as much as 1 page on the link I posted. And yet you have an opinion. Fascinating!

I'd like to be a Queen of People's Hearts, in people's hearts

- Princess Diana, BBC2 PANORAMA Interview, November 20, 1995

That is the album this site is about. You would have known that had you bothered to look at it.

Then I really don't need to read it.

Diana was a PRINCESS, not a Queen. 'Queen of Hearts' to my mind has never been an official regal title and just makes this entire thing even flimsier.

In fact, was she even still a Princess when she died? Even less of a royal if not and makes the link even more tenuous.

'Queen of Hearts' - come on.

edit on 8/3/11 by ALadInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

It covers that too.

"her very Lowness with her head in a sling":
When she married Prince Charles, Diana officially received the lofty title "Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales." When she divorced Prince Charles, Diana's title was formally reduced to "Diana, Princess of Wales". This specifically meant that Diana could never again be correctly referred to as "Her Royal Highness". Correspondingly, Morrissey's lyric uses the most obvious alternative: "her very Lowness".

You really should read the web site - it is fantastic (If you have a sence of humour)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Morrisey was clearly a fan of Diana and the royals.
There is no reason why he would care that much.

'And when one looks at all the individuals within the Royal Family they're so magnificently, unaccountably boring! I mean, Diana herself has never in her lifetime uttered one statement that has been of any use to any member of the human race. The whole thing seems like a joke, a hideous joke. We don't believe in leprechauns, so why should we believe in the Queen.'

www.squidoo.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

It covers that too.

"her very Lowness with her head in a sling":
When she married Prince Charles, Diana officially received the lofty title "Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales." When she divorced Prince Charles, Diana's title was formally reduced to "Diana, Princess of Wales". This specifically meant that Diana could never again be correctly referred to as "Her Royal Highness". Correspondingly, Morrissey's lyric uses the most obvious alternative: "her very Lowness".

You really should read the web site - it is fantastic (If you have a sence of humour)

The website also suggests 'Frankly, Mr Shankly' is a song about King Edward I and his apparent nickname 'Longshanks'. Any true Smiths fan will know, because they've spoke about it often enough, the song is about the head of Rough Trade records, Geoff Travis.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The website also suggests 'Frankly, Mr Shankly' is a song about King Edward I and his apparent nickname 'Longshanks'. Any true Smiths fan will know, because they've spoke about it often enough, the song is about the head of Rough Trade records, Geoff Travis.

No it doesn't - it makes the connection between the fact that Longshanks was responsible for the creation of the titles Prince and Princes of Wales. Lady Diana was the Princess of Wales - therefore connected to Longshanks in this way.

Well, at least you are looking at the site! lol

It also mentiones the Lyrics "Fame fame FATAL fame" etc
edit on 8-3-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

No it doesn't - it makes the connection between the fact that Longshanks was responsible for the creation of the titles Prince and Princes of Wales. Lady Diana was the Princess of Wales - therefore connected to Longshanks in this way.

But the song isn't in reference to Longshanks. That's the point I'm trying to make.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

But the song isn't in reference to Longshanks. That's the point I'm trying to make.

How can it be "about" Longshanks if it "isn't in reference" to Longshanks?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

How can it be "about" Longshanks if it "isn't in reference" to Longshanks?

I give up. It's clear you want to believe this website and are now saying that even though the website prattles on about Longshanks in an attempt to further their claims about the Diana/Morrissey link, by including it on the page for the song 'Frankly Mr Shankly' you are saying it doesn't do any such thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

What?

You missunderstand - it is really very simple. It is not about the king. It is in refernce to the title. Why is such a simple concept so hard for you to understand?

King wins battle
title of prince of wales is created
diana is princes of wales (title created as above)
song makes reference to this lineage

simples

I am not arguing for the truth in the site, just telling you that you are wrong. You made a misunderstanding. Nothing to be ashamed of. I hope you now get this simple concept.

Edit:

I know this is actually completelyy untrue. I forgot to mention that. I am a big enough Smith fan, and have been for over 20 years, to know what the song is really about. I am just pointing out that this is what the site claims.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I'm also a big Smiths/Morrissey fan, but for some reason I've never heard about this..
Those are some pretty weird coincidences, but I have a feeling that's all they are.
Still pretty cool though..
Has Morrissey ever said anything about it?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

No one has ever mentioned it! lol

Actually, I posted this because it is a brilliant example of how you can take any two random things, in the case of this web site they are the The Smiths and the death of Lady Diana, and create correlations that point to a conspiricy. Not only does this site make me laugh because of the sillyness of the so called evidence, it makes me laugh because I am such a huge fan of the Smiths and I just love the idea. over 20 peices of evidence that _proove_ this is true! lol

Such fabulous links, like Alma matters and the Alma underpass. There is alight that never goes out, and the light over the tunnel, and the lyrics about two lovers being killed in a car crash etc. "Fame fame fatal fame, it plays hideous tricks on your brain" - and it was Lady Di's fame that ended up being fatal to her! Very clever, very funny. Brillinat example of how all your stats and connections and conspiracies mean total squat.

I was hoping a lot of people would read this thread and perhaps learn something.

If a mod wants to move this to a Hoax area of the site that would be fine by me, and I apppologise for the cheap trick. Well sort of, there was a serious issue behind it. As I said - perhaps it will teach people who are too keen to see conspiracies because of so called air tight connections between this and that will learn something. I hope so.

top topics

join