It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Your Most Bizarre Encounter with Unexplained Phenomena

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in


posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
Some very interesting experiences I've read so far. Some of the stuff you guys experienced is truly incredible and out of this world
I have an account I would like to share, this is just one of many. Sorry if it turns into a long read...

When I was a little girl (around 5 or so) me and my twin were terrified of our basement. We would both get this feeling of suffocation, almost like drowning, whenever we went to a certain part of the basement. Our house was just built.. maybe only three years earlier, so it was a brand new house.
We had a half finished basement. Half of it was my dads room and his "office", and our gaming consoles (at the time it was Atari and the then brand new Sega 16 bit system) and the other half of the basement was storage, the washroom and laundry. It was so dark there. I hated that side of the basement. If I had to go there to get some laundry the light was a pull light and it was in the middle of the darkness. I was always terrified and refused to go by myself.

One day my twin and I, and four of our friends were playing in our room. They wanted to go play in the basement because there was more room there, but we told them how we felt about the basement. This made them super curious, so because there was a group of us, I thought it would feel safer to go down there.
So we all started heading to the basement. We had to pass through the kitchen to get to the stairs, and my mom was fixing us some snacks. She told us they will be ready in 20 minutes, and she will call us up when it's ready.
We get down there, and the first thing I immediately notice is how cold it is down there. I turn on the light to the "good half" of the basement before we all get through the door. I immediately jump onto my dads bed, because I hate looking in the other direction, and where my dads bed was, was a wall, so I couldn't see the "dark side" around the corner. My friends and my twin immediately went into the "dark side". I told them I would join them when the light was on.
Before they got to turn on the light they all screamed and ran upstairs and left me alone. Obviously I was terrified, in order to go upstairs I had to go near the "dark side" all by myself, after everyone just freaked out. I was so scared but I couldnt be there myself. So I decided to run for it.
I ran as fast as I could to the door, but as soon as the "dark side" came into sight, I saw what I call "the boogeyman". I saw these big, lizard like, red glowing eyes and a sharp toothed' "grin". There was no "figure" to this, it's like it was floating? I froze. My friends were at the top of the stairs, freaking out, my mom trying to calm them down. She noticed I was still downstairs, paralyzed, in front of the door. She ran down and grabbed me. As soon as she touched me I started to cry and told her what I saw. It was the same thing my friends and twin saw.
After my mom calmed us down we had our snacks and our friends left. We went to the basement with our mom. Of course she turned on the lights before we went down. She always thought there was something down there too. We decided to look for clues.
Well right behind the wall we found an African tribal mask by the water heater. My grandma probably put it there when she came to visit. She probably left it for My dad and he put it there for it to be out of sight because he doesn't like anything to do with "black majic" after a certain experience he refuses to discuss with me to this day. It's eyes were painted big and red and it showed sharp teeth. Pretty much like what I saw hovering in the middle of the basement. We threw out the mask and since then we had "other entities" visit to try and put it back... but thats another story altogether. We ended up selling the house and moved away a couple years later.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
I've had a few seemingly bizarre experiences in my life... but, for the sake of time, I'll share one of the most recent.

It happened a couple of months ago... it began with a strange dream, which I should probably describe, as it more than likely ties in with the strange experience. The dream unfolded as follows:

I was wandering around a mall... nothing out of the ordinary happening there... it was full of people doing what people do in malls. I decided to leave, so I made my way to the nearest exit. There was a 'lost and found' box right by the doors (not the usual place for it, I know), but I walked up to it and proceeded to pull out my winter coat and purse (both of which were the same ones I wear in real life). I put my coat on and walked out the doors. As I exited the mall, I noticed it was night time... it wasn't a typical exit (probably a side exit, as opposed to a main exit/entrance), as I didn't walk out into a parking lot... it was a grassy area with a couple of sidewalks... there was a big tree obscruing the view (it was about 10 feet away from the doors), and, as I could see, I was the only person there. It was very quiet.

I started to walk away from the doors, a couple of steps, maybe, when I glanced up at the night sky. As I looked up I saw a bunch of red lights shooting across the sky. In the dream, I remember thinking 'fireflies' (I know they weren't, but that's what my dream thought)... they looked about the size of tracer rounds, and they were bright red. There were hundreds of them flying in a line, but it wasn't a uniformly-straight line (i.e. one after the other... they were jumbled... sorry, best I can describe it)... but they were all coming from the same spot, although I couldn't see their point of origin, as the big tree was blocking my view. I couldn't see where they were going either, as the line headed behing me, above the mall. I don't know how high up these lights actually were.

For whatever reason, my dream self wasn't phased in the slightest by this sight, so I proceeded to take a few more steps... as I did, the red 'dots' veered off their course and the line of them dipped down and started coming right towards me. As they came closer to me (a few feet in front of me), the began to open up into giant red circles (actually, more like zeroes) and passed through my body. It was then I started panicking and suddenly I was being 'pulled up' into the sky. There was a giant roaring sound as I was being pulled up. I began to scream "No, no, I don't want to" and looked back at the ground. Now there were tonnes of people walking around, but none of them noticed me, or even heard me... they went about their business even though I must have only been about 10 feet above their heads at that time. The roaring sound seemed to drown out my screams as it pulled me up higher and higher. As I cleared the top of the big tree, I could see much better, but I still couldn't see the origin of the red dots (now zeroes).... they seemed to go on forever. I remember thinking to myself that I didn't want to see where these red zeroes were taking me... then the dream stopped.

I woke up in my bed, and it was a real awakening, not a 'false awakening...' I was 100% awake from my dream. I was lying on my back and my heart was pounding. I just laid there for a minute, or two, trying to calm myself down. After my heart slowed a bit, I rolled over on to my right side. To my right is my window. It is fairly big and is covered by white blinds. Anyone who has white blinds will know, they let in a fair bit of light... especially in the winter when there is a lot of snow. So, I laid there on my right side, just looking at my window.

As I stared at my window, I started to notice what looked like writing on my blinds. I blinked a few times to try to focus my eyes, as the writing was fairly faint. After a few blinks, the writing got a bit darker (but still faint)... it wasn't any kind of writing I have ever seen... I have searched and searched and can't find anything that even comes close to what I saw. But, nonetheless, there it was... it was three, maybe four lines in length, as I could see. But, here's the weirdest part... after a few seconds of looking at this strange writing, the writing began to change. As I blinked my eyes a few more times, the strange writing turned into calculus. Yes, calculus. It was a formula/equation three lines in length. It wasn't anything I recognized and all of my searches to try to find the equation have turned up nothing. The strange writing that turned into calculus stayed in my view for about 15 seconds before it faded and disappeared. And that was that.

And no, I didn't write it down... I know, I am a HUGE idiot for not, but, honestly, it all happened so fast and I was so confused by it all that grabbing a piece of paper and a pen to write it down was the furthest thing from my mind. I was also afraid that if I looked away for too long, it would disappear. I just laid there, trying to take as much of it in as I could. I feel like I would recognize the equation if I were to see it again, but I can't write it down from memory. Strange, I know.

I still don't know what to make of this experience... I know our brains are incredibly powerful... fully capable of creating a scene like this, but I don't know... I still file it under my bizarre experiences

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
reply to post by Demiwatt

No problem pal!

I have often wondered why someone, or rather,something stepped in on my behalf.
What about the poor souls who manage to carry out their suicides? Why did no one step in for them?
So many questions1

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
There have been many, but one I remember most is the time my son got lost at Target when he was three years old, We were wandering the aisles and I let go of his hand for one second to take a hair brush off the wall display, and when I reached for his hand again, he was just gone. The usual frantic panic ensued, and when I couldn't find him in the adjoining aisles or immediate area, I ran to the front to the courtesy desk to alert them. They went into their code yellow and everyone started searching and standing by the exits. At about two minutes into the entire experience, while I was still standing at the courtesy desk talking to the woman there and giving her a further description, feeling pretty helpless and scared, a very tall black man tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to see him pointing to a clothes rack right behind us, near the front of the store and immediately ran over and looked underneath the hanging clothes, and there was my son just sitting there with a six pack of juice boxes, a book, a stuffed animal, and a videotape. He just looked up and said, "Hi, mommy...look what I have!"

I snatched him up and hugged him, and when I turned back to thank the man, he was nowhere to be seen. I looked around for him as I took the 10 steps back to the courtesy desk and told the woman it was okay now, we found him, and she said, "We?" I said, "Yes, the tall man who was just standing here showed me where he was." She said, "What man?" and I replied, "The man who just now standing here and tapped me on the shoulder? You didn't see him?" She said, "Ummm no? There was no one else here." I briefly thought that was strange, as she was facing directly toward him when he was to my back, but I just thanked her and the other couple of people who had by now walked up to the desk, and who had also just kind of shrugged when I asked about the tall man and she looked at them. I left the store feeling enormous relief and holding on to my son tight.

It wasn't until later that day when I tried asking my son some questions that he just couldn't answer (too little) that things started sinking in and questions came up in my head. Questions like, how did a three year old cover so much of the store on his "shopping spree" (video, book, stuffed animal, juice boxes) and settle himself so comfortably in a "safe" spot in that short amount of time? From start to finish, the entire episode couldn't have lasted more than 4 minutes even though it felt like an eternity. Questions like, was there really a tall man there? (No one but me seemed to have seen him.) I even went back to the store the next day to see if maybe all the items he had with him under that clothes carousel were register end-cap items that he could have just snatched up quickly, but no, that wasn't the case. I have my theories to this day about what might have happened and sometimes still ask him if he remembers anything about that day, but I guess we'll never really know.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
reply to post by Demiwatt

If you ever figure out a way to trade give me a ring.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
reply to post by InnerTruths

Ick! I've always been a bit squeamish about basement encounters. There's just something primal and terrifying about them, even though they are quite prolific. Your experience seems particularly creepy, especially the mask :/ It makes me feel gross for some reason, kinda like "Eww....that should not exist."

The last spectral thing I'd seen were a pair of semi see-through legs that were only from the knee down. They were walking up the stairs at head level, as I was walking down the second portion of the stairs. Needless to say I bolted

edit on 15-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: Edit

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
reply to post by JourPolaire

The brain is an amazing thing, maybe the unknown text became calculus because it's something your brain could understand more readily? Its a shame that you weren't able to write it down, but I wouldn't have wanted to look away either. Maybe this event was your mind's way of trying to comprehend what you had experienced.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Someone's looking out for your boy, while kinda troubling that that someone was an entity that only made himself known to you, I'm happy to hear he's safe and sound. It does seem quite improbable to me as well that your little guy could run around to different departments and grab those things in the few minutes he was gone. For one, you'd have to have a really good idea of the lay out of the store to be able to accomplish that, even if you were rushing around like mad.

The fact that he was returned to you is all that matters I suppose

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
Well, I have a couple but none of them seem remotely as interesting compared to the ones I read here. I'm almost ashamed to share them.

As far as I know I have never had an encounter with "aliens" or "ET'S" or whatever the proper name I suppose would be. My experiences have been mostly in the realms of spirits. Hopefully that's an ok for topic for this site? I'm relatively new here so please if i'm out of bounds let me know.

The firs thing that ever happened to me was when I was 13 years old. My best friend at the time were bored but were both believers in spirits and what not so we decided we wanted to fool around with a ouija board. My grandmother being very superstitious about those them and calls them very "evil things" would never allow one in her house. Of course as you may know ouija boards aren't all that difficult to make. Some paper and a small something to act as the little pointer are all you really need. So we made one on paper and promptly got to business asking "is there anyone here". nothing happened right away of course but we still held firmly. "Is there anyone here?". The dream catcher in my room started swaying a bit. The AC wasn't on and no windows were open. We asked again "is there anyone here". It started moving toward the "yes". We asked for it's name and the pointer slowly but surely went to "D" then "C". After that my grandma called us to tell us it was time to go to the mall (hey we were teen girls) so we abruptly stopped what were doing and ran to the bathroom to get fixed up. all of a sudden my friend says "what happened to your face?". On my cheek there was about a 1 inch superficial scratch that i can 100% promise you i did not have before we did the ouija board. Even my grandmother saw it and asked what happened. I just told her i wasn't sure. It disappeared later that night.

After that experience things felt extremely off. I tried to put everything out of my mind but certain circumstances just kept happening. My room was always colder than every other room in the house. ALWAYS. It was never like that before at all. My grandmother had once commented "your room feels cold as death in here". Odd choice of words
I used to feel comfortable shutting the door and keeping the tv for light but now I NEEDED the door open. I needed as much light as possible. I just plain and simple always felt like i was never alone. I would see things out of the corner of my eye. I would be home alone and i'd hear noises like foot steps upstairs. The bathroom door that was closed slowly opened. I even saw the knob turn myself! A crucifix that was nailed to the wall and had never been disturbed in all the months it had been up on the wall suddenly sprang off the wall one night scaring the heck out of me.

Around this time I started suffering from severe depression. Though I admit i had always been depressed and am pretty borderline in all honesty things just seemed to get worse. I felt more on edge, i stared feeling a lot more suicidal, it was like chaos in my mind with everything going on. Like fighting some internal battle. I also used to see orbs constantly at this time in my life. My grandmother who went to a psychic who knew nothing about me or the situation as my grandmother swore she never even brought me up in the conversation the psyhic said to her "you're grand daughter sees things she calls orbs. They are angels". Well with all the large yellow and blue and white orbs i was seeing all the time i sure as heck was being protected by a lot of them.

Now this is where my part of the story of this needs to end, for yousee, I was sent away to a boarding school for kids with problems (depression, drugs, alcohol, etc) and the room was left as it was. I was later told by my grandmother that she attempted to sleep in the room one night. She liked to close the door and sleep in the dark so she did just that. all of a sudden she said she a heard a "crrrrnk...crrrnnnkkk....crnnnkkkk".It was the sound of one of my toys, an angel i believe that played music and had a crank in the background being turned. The music started playing. After that she said she had to bomb that room. She brought incense throughout the whole house and had the ghandarva (sp?) which is a type of chanting playing almost 24/7 in my room and was in deep prayed for almost 2 weeks.

When i got home i could definitely feel the difference. The room was lighter, it felt free. I was no longer being watched, i didn't feel suffocated. Whatever had been there was gone. Whatever you may believe all I know is I will NEVER touch a ouija board again.

I've also had a few smaller experiences as well. Like when i'd think to myself "i really want to hang out with kelly" and suddenly the phone would ring and it would be her. That happened many many times. Sometimes i would go to pick up the phone to call her but she would already be on the phone. Like I had picked it up just the second before it rang. almost if i subconsciously knew the phone was about to ring.

Also when i was a little girl i would have very bad tantrums. I remember one night was terribly bad and i was screaming and throwing a fit and one of my toys actually flew across the room. another time I was in a fit of a rage and the car alarm went off. Another time my grandmother and i got into a very heated argument and the fire alarm in the house started beeping.

edit on 3/18/2011 by IsisMoon21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
Here's that image I mentioned awhile back that I took of the possible anomalous pig-esque thing in the window of my old house.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
reply to post by IsisMoon21

Good to have you Isis
No need to worry, all sorts of experiences are welcome

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
Double Post, sorry.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
I can barely make it out, but it's definitely there. That is pretty creepy. I dont think a pig is a good thing to see.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
reply to post by Demiwatt

Alright I will bite, for better or worse.

I will give up two little gem's.

While not my first experience it is the one I have the hardest time pretending it didn't happen. When I was 17 I was living in Allentown Pa. This took place around late winter 2003. I had a slight cold so I took night cold medicine(not a lot, little less then the adult recommendations[to hallucinate you have to take enough to come close to overdosing]) so I could fall asleep.

For the life of me I just couldn't fall asleep. Then after a couple of hours I had an ultra strong compulsion to go for a walk. So I got dressed, went outside and started walking southbound. About two blocks up from where I lived was an old cemetery, it didn't really creep me out because I cut through there on my way home from school all the time and often found the place scenic and relaxing(used to live in a more rural area).

Well as I was going up the street I noticed 5 tweens(I thought 13-15 year old's at first) walking along side each other taking up the entire street about four blocks up. At first I was thinking to myself "I hope they don't get an attitude or something"(was about 3ish am). But as they got closer I noticed whatever clothing they had on must of been skin tight and grey. I wasn't about to get close enough to get a view of their faces so I turned around and ran.

I remember looking back and seeing them gain on me(back then I was pretty fast at sprinting[older brother was in wrestling and track, good incentive to learn to run faster hehe]) in an unrealistic way. Almost as if they were just gliding or something.

When they got within a distance of half a block away from me I just prayed for speed and ran faster then I ever did in my life. When I got to the street corner directly across from my apartment a cop car went by with blaring lights and siren. I turned around and they where gone.

Back in 05 when I was living on Walnut St in Allentown and a week or so after I tried to originally open up about some experiences I was up late reading(was in February-ish) because I couldn't fall asleep. I remember I was reading "Kingdom of Heaven"(good book) in the second floor bedroom. Around 3:30ish the cordless rang(had it next to me because my mom was downstairs sound asleep in the living room).

At first there was a silence. Then after I spoke the other "person" spoke in a gu-gar-eekk type language. But the tone sounded very pissed off and intimidating. Still keeping my cool I treated it like a prank call and halfheartedly told the other end I didn't think it amusing.

I don't remember who hanged up but afterwards I was so terrified I went to run downstairs to wake up my mom. I got to the top of the steps and something clicked inside of me. Every drop of intuition and instinct in my body just made me freeze even though I had a compulsion to run downstairs through the kitchen and into the living room.

I backed up slowly and went back to the bed(after I grabbed a solid oak staff and a long knife) and just sat there in a combat pose until sunrise. Right at the cusp of sunrise I could hear down in the walkway between the house next door scampering. Like one or more people where jumping down from somewhere(the downstairs kitchen was elevated compared to the walkway) and slight banging against some trash cans.

After the sun was up for awhile (about 8 am) I ventured downstairs and discovered one key fact. The kitchen light was off. I was up last and left the light on before I went upstairs to read, because at night the kitchen was pitch black if you left it off. My mom didn't wake up(I asked her if she turned it off) and turn it off. It just mysteriously turned itself off sometime during the night. Which would of meant I would of ran downstairs semi-frantic into a pitch black room after receiving a disturbing phone call. And I have tried to imitate the voice (decent with accents and stuff like that),but couldn't. And it sounded too organic to be a computer generation.

And I didn't hear of anything like that phone call till around 06ish when I read the book "The Anderson affair". In that book she described something identical to what I experienced.

It just left me with a bad taste in my mouth, like something was trying to play me for a fool. And it has illustrated to me how dangers it can be to follow an unexplained compulsion.

I don't know if this is relevant but for most of my life it was easy for others to put me into a kind of automatic trance type state(bleh once a slaeswoman got about a hundred dollars out of me for skin care products). Not exactly hypnosis but close. Almost like my own will was sealed away until they went away. As I get older it has less of an effect on me but I still try to avoid being around people I don't trust or large groups.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
When I was very young, at least seven,I was playing with kids older and stronger than me. At night,we were playing follow the leader. I lived in a large city. We were jumping over fences, from one house to the next. I was getting tired and tried to keep up.I faced a fence with spikes.I had to lift myself above the spikes and tried to pull my body over it. Just then, my strength gave out.Iwas impaled to the spike under my mouth.I don't remember anything after that but was told someone found me shortly after it happened. I don't recall anything else about the incident. When I was 24 I had a close encounter of the third kind. When it ended, I suffered amnesia.All I remembered was an American football.When I was 65, retired, I wanted to know what happened the night I saw a football. If you have the time, check below.Warning.Everything there is TRUE! If your highly sensitive or highly susceptible...don't read it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
I find it interesting that many of these experiences are occurring around 3-4 am. 3 am is known as the "devil's hour." It is supposedly when demons/ghosts/etc. are said to be at their most powerful and most active and that black magic is most effective. They use 3 am to mock the death of Christ which is said to be at 3pm. I believe in England they call it the "witching hour." However in the U.S. the witching hour refers to 11:30 pm to 12:30 am.

Just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd throw out there since i've seen many of these stories occur around 3 am.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
reply to post by Demiwatt

2, maybe more, separate experiences I had.

Once I was sitting on the couch almost asleep all my myself and the sun was hitting the blinds just right to hit my eyes when I thought "Close" and the blinds amazingly closed. It was eerie but I easily slid back in to my comfort and fell asleep.

I felt extremely bizarre and quite disoriented one night and I thought I was getting sick because my equallibrium was so out of whack that it gave me a super weird feeling. I got out of bed and staggered to the kitchen to grab a tylenol and a drink of water. Halfway through the drink I felt a scary presence, nothing I could see, jump out of the cieling and into the center of the dining area that in my mind felt transparent. I felt like I was being chased, it was 2am when this was all happening. I quickly became self conscious and thought of how crazy I might seem for being seen this way so I slowed down and walked up the stairs at the end of the hallway in the apartment building and had a smoke slowly and enjoyed it. I felt something super scary and then stood up and walked down the stairs but fear was overwhelming and I eventually let it go and ran out of the apartment building to the next one too where my sister was at a friends. When i got there it was 4-5am and they were quite out of it from partying the night before. I remember walking in and crying uncontrollably and my sister was there telling everyone to just be cool and she continued her socializing with her couple friends and I suddenly just calmed down and become detached from what had happened and casually talked with everyone. I felt very comfortable again. After about 20 minutes I walked back to my aunt's apartment and went back to bed.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
Very interesting thread OP. Thank you for starting it. I personally enjoy the variety of vastly different experiences. Plus, so many of them seem to originate during childhood years. A time when we are not already hardened to thinking, outside of the box. When we are still able to expand our minds.

I can't help but think, that so many of the people who are drawn to others, who experience like events. Are some way more aware, in a sixth sense manner. Are more prone to being Empaths, Sensitives, whatever word you choose to use.

When I have a bit more time, I too, will write some of my other-worldly experiences to add to this thread.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
Hey I got a story here called "I got a story" so drop by check it out... yep somthing sure did happen my friend, after some thinking you may ask"why the owl", well the answer is I have no freakin clew, thay arent all that bad, a bit of an ego, but iff you corespond with that ego, not bad folk tbh... peace love..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
reply to post by Demiwatt

one time i woke up in my room to go to the bathroom, went back to sleep and heard the wind, it died down quickly, a few minutes later it happened again, the third tim it happened i looke up to see my window illuminatted with a red light moving accross the window, i couldnt see the scource because of my blinds though. i told my mom about what i saw and she told me that when she lived in the house as a kid she saw a light iluminatte her window

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

log in