It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran Myths and Stories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I wanted to share this piece of information with you all.

I was talking to a work colleague this morning regarding UFO's and Shooting Stars. I work in a muslim country and I'm from Scotland and an Athiest.

When discussing what shooting stars were with him he began to tell me what the Koran says they are.

He says that written in the Koran is the explanation of what they are is this: Shooting stars are the result of stars being thrown at Satan and Jinns that are trying to invade heaven. The stars are thrown at them to knock them down back to Earth. Of course my first answer to this was 'Are you kidding me?' He says all muslims believe this is true because the Koran says it is so. My answer to that was 'That's the most stupid thing I have ever heard.'

I was sure he was pulling my leg so I asked some other Muslim colleagues. Nope, same answer. They all believe this!

What in the hell is that book doing to those people? Can they not tell stupidity from truth?

Anyone like to comment on this?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Think for a minute my freind, it is no more stupid than the parting of the red sea of the destruction of Soddom and Gommorah or Jesuses exploits or any number of stories in the bible and millions of people believe these events actually happened, so why should the Koran be any different?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog

Think for a minute my freind, it is no more stupid than the parting of the red sea of the destruction of Soddom and Gommorah or Jesuses exploits or any number of stories in the bible and millions of people believe these events actually happened, so why should the Koran be any different?

This is very true. Hence I'm an Athiest and believe in the truth and not silly stories from either the Bible or the Koran. I just wanted everyone else's take on that particular story. The Bible and the Koran really make a mockery of the human psyche. Brain washing and control with stupid stories.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

"Shooting stars are the result of stars being thrown at Satan and Jinns that are trying to invade heaven." I wonder if any Muslim on ATS can confirm this. So does that mean that their heaven is located in space?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Rofl!

The Two Quaranic Sermons of the Jinn

We tried to enter heaven; but we found it filled with terrible guards and shooting stars.
So we used to sit in (hidden) stations, to hear the secrets of heaven;
But anyone who listens now will find a shooting star thrown at him.

Now I'm pretty sure Christians believe in the parting of the red sea, and jesus walking on water etc... But they can't look out into space and see that these events aren't true. No one can, it's in the past.

But for someone today to still believe shooting stars are thrown as quoted above, despite science....

ROFL!!!!

edit on 8/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Well one thing for sure there is a diference in a miracle that is long in the past and something that is easily testable today. When it comes to a matter of inspiration of God, why would he lie, which brings to question Mohammad not to mention what type of messenger he received that from. When I went through USNavy boot camp I was told it is a long known and taught tradition that the sea lanes were discovered and global trading was increased because of Solomon in the scriptures. Faith is that. So when something can be scientifically disproven you have to consider the source of your faith. We all have faith. Try and show them evidence of dust and meteorites and atmosphere. See how they respond. Don't just jump to conclusions. Think of how silly you must appear to them to believe in this great big accident. I would be interested to see their response. I had an Arab/Muslim restaraunt mgr. that was a great friend of mine in college. When I would close down at night before I turned the lights out he would apologize to me but said he had to make sure everything in cubby holes etc was clean because the jinn live in those spaces and he had a young child and if you didn't clean thoroughly they would come to his house and mess with his family. At first I thought what....ibwould kind of tease him.at first but when I saw he was either embarrassed or mad I let off but I always thought to myself jeez plus we were great friends. After awhile I let it go because we have people here in the south that throw salt, avoid ladders undersides, be scared of black cats and broken mirrors. Makes life colorful. Haha

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So being an athiest do you believe in UFOs and aliens?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Can they not tell stupidity from truth?

Who are you, that you think YOU can?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Who says they believe this? It's most likely on "cute story" basis - like Lincoln and the cherry tree, or any other sort of common myth retained for entertainment or parable.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I would rather not spend my life worrying whether I am going to burn in hell or ascend to some heavenly place, my belief is enjoy the time you have here on this planet, live a good life, treat people like I would like to be treated, because the bottom line is no one knows for sure untill we are dead, that is when we find if it is all true or not, if I was to worship a deity it would not be one that puts fear in my heart and possibly hate in my soul.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by badw0lf

Who says they believe this? It's most likely on "cute story" basis - like Lincoln and the cherry tree, or any other sort of common myth retained for entertainment or parable.

Good point there.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

They definately believe this as I have asked quite a few of them. They state that they can't believe why I can't accept the truth. Although I get on well with them and we have a mutual respect I simply state that this story they believe to be real is not. It's either a misinterpretation of symbology or a false statement written wrongly in the Koran.

Obviously to the non controlled people that actually use their brains this story is BS. But to Muslims, what the Koran says is gospel. (Excuse the pun)

Islam is the best religion of control. How can any sane human being believe that rubbish? Easy! They are controlled to believe in stupid myths and stories.

They laugh at me because of my belief in UFO's and ET's. I laugh at them because of their stupid religion. But all in all we get on like a house on fire.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Here is the complete story as translated from the Quran:

Surah Al-Jinn 1-9:
Say (O Muhammad): It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns listened (to the Qur'an). They said, 'We have really heard a wonderful Recital! It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not join (in worship) any (gods) with our Lord. And (we believe) that He - exalted be the glory of our Lord! - hath taken neither wife nor son.

'There were some foolish ones among us, who used to utter extravagant lies against Allah; But we do think that no man or spirit should say aught that untrue against Allah. True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly, and they (came to) think as you thought, that Allah would not raise up any one (from the dead).

And (the Jinn who had listened to the Quran said): 'We had sought the heaven but had found it filled with strong warders and meteors. We used, indeed, to sit there in (hidden) stations, to (steal) a hearing; but any who listen now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.

It certainly doesn't say, however, that "Meteors are caused by stars being thrown at Satan and Jinns trying to invade heaven".

Besides, the Quran also says this:

Surah Al-Imran 7:
He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord

Which kinda ends up with you playing right into their hands

edit on 8-3-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Fair enough, I suppose no one has said they don't believe it, so I suppose they do. Well, I don't know how they can laugh at the idea of aliens if they believe in that sort of thing, but on the other hand, can we laugh at them either. It does not seem realistic at all, but really, if we think about the size of space, how do we know whats out there? How do we know that these comments or whatever it talks about, are not actually going to hit some extra terrestrial beings somewhere?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Lol the only thing hitting extraterrestrials out in space at the moment is the 'Star Wars' defence weapons.

But in this world we have to look at the reality of what is going on. I'm afraid those poor misguided muslims can't look at the reality because their religion has controlled them to an extent that it has them believing in outlandish stories. Even the most educated and seemingly brainy of them are still taken in by stupid stories. They can't get past the fact that their precious book was not written by God but was actually written by people just like the bible. And like the bible it is full of 'Fantastic' stories. Stories that children would think of are believed by Muslims and Christians because it is WRITTEN!!

If there were some passages resembling Dr Suess in the Koran they would be believed too.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Lol the only thing hitting extraterrestrials out in space at the moment is the 'Star Wars' defence weapons.

But in this world we have to look at the reality of what is going on. I'm afraid those poor misguided muslims can't look at the reality because their religion has controlled them to an extent that it has them believing in outlandish stories. Even the most educated and seemingly brainy of them are still taken in by stupid stories. They can't get past the fact that their precious book was not written by God but was actually written by people just like the bible. And like the bible it is full of 'Fantastic' stories. Stories that children would think of are believed by Muslims and Christians because it is WRITTEN!!

If there were some passages resembling Dr Suess in the Koran they would be believed too.

So what do you suppose people should do? Practically all religions seem to be like that, and I don't think Muslims are in the worst place either, Scientology seems pretty bad along with a religion (I can't remember the name right now) where most of the believers, around 30 I think, committed suicide in order to get to a spaceship passing this earth. Really believing in aliens too is a bit strange (I haven't seen any evidence for it, but there's heaps of fiction about it), although I guess it is less formal.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So, please, us why you are singling out one particular religion repeatedly for this attack?

And while you are doing it, please bear this in mind;

The end of hate speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

It's not an attack. I wanted to know what people thought of the belief of what the shooting stars were in their religion. I wouldn't be working with Muslims for the past 3 years if I was attacking them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Maybe you should re-read the tone of your posts. It certainly looks like a pointed attack, especially the part where you describe a whole religion as "stupid".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join