It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany’s new interior minister said Islam "does not belong" in the country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
rt.com...

Germany’s interior minister Hans-Peter Friedrich, who took office only last week in a cabinet reshuffle, provoked hot debate in the country by saying to journalists that Islam was not a key part of the German way of life.

"Islam in Germany is not something substantiated by history at any point," Hans-Peter Friedrich said, as cited by Reuters.

The new interior minister also said everyone residing in Germany must "first and foremost learn German," insisting that immigrants ought to be aware of their host country’s "Western Christian origins". He said his chief goal as interior minister was to "bring society together and not polarize it."

We as a civilization, both Europeans and Muslims, must learn to be tolerant of our fellow human beings and fellow nationals. But we should be wary of be so tolerant our brains fall out of our own heads. I think it is only common sense to conclude that the current immigration laws have been an utter failure and have provided a breeding ground for tension, fear, and hatred.

There are many steps we can take to avoid true intolerance, racism, and discrimination while at the same time retaining our natural national cultural identity which is critically important to all people who have not fallen into the trap of 60s cultural liberalism. Here are a few suggestions which should seem pretty common sense:

1. A moratorium of about 20-30 years on all new immigrants from all countries that do not have an equivalent economic standard of living, except for immediate family members of recent immigrants.
  2. Immediate deportation of any non-citizen who commits a violent crime.
  3. Require all immigrants learn the national language within a maximum of 2-5 years or face deportation.
  4. Teach the ideas of individual self-expression alongside a respect for the cultural norms of the nation.
  5. Require every new citizen to pay 2 years of taxes before they can receive any financial assistance from the state (besides language lessons, primary education, and civics lessons).
  6. Alert every hopeful immigrant of the legal obligations and expectations that they must fulfill when committing themselves to becoming an integrated, respected, and upstanding citizen of their new home.

And how about instead of us just blaming the immigrants we blame the real culprits, those who set and keep these horrible immigration laws which are fueling these fires, damaging our national culture, dismantling western civilization, and causing unnecessary tension between otherwise peaceful people.

But I would like to state that he is somewhat right, besides his blatantly rude and racist way of conveying it, Germany is not a Muslim country and neither is any of the European countries outside of the Balkans. None of the Western nations are Muslim. It does not mean we should put up a sign "No Muslims Allowed" rather we should allow a restricted number of people from the Arab world in so long as it does not change our national and cultural identity. The people of the Western world are Christian and Secular, also arguably Jewish as well, so it is only common sense to keep it that way to preserve a cultural identity.

I know I am going to be called a bigot, xenophobe, nativist, etc... but I think my point has been made and for anyone who thinks it is any of the words listed above I do not care what you think because I know in my heart I practice the message of Jesus Christ, love all men and peace to everyone.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
S&F for you mate,your gonna get called some names thou,Just wanting an adult discussion on immigration is enough to get some people very angry and the name calling starts,good luck to your thread

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

How dare you look at this issue in a logical and well thought out manner. Shame on you.
No, you are not a bigot or racist. I agree with multiculturalism, but not at the expense of National Identity or values. We were at loggerheads over the Le Pen issue, but I think that was just a misunderstanding. I live in France and get Le Pen news almost every day.

Anyway, I think that you have some valid points there and I for one will not flame you for them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Totally agree with the points you have made allthough I would add that any foreign national expressing a desire to permanently reside must learn the languge and customs before being allowed in.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If people want to live in an Islamic Society, there are many countries that are so. But I wouldn't expect to go to Iran or Saudi Arabi and demand they have Western Laws and Courts. However, it seems Muslims expect host countries to change their laws and customs because they immigrated to the West. The West with all their faults tried to be PC and let them live in our society, but it seems that many have contempt for the countries the move to. So why stay in a country if your not happy with it? Go back to one of your Islamic countries where the laws and customs fit with their belief systems.It is ridiculous.

I agree with the OP on this one.

edit on 8/3/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I fully agree. Current European immigration policy is madness, if not outright treason. Finally some of those up there are getting some common sense and starting to realise whats it leading to, even if only states politicians. I am afraid that even if they realise this, they would have another obstacle before them - EU institutions, which are insanely multiculturalist and pseudohumanist. The EU should have stayed only an economic union.

edit on 8/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

That is what I meant of course I did not state it that way. So yes I agree with you 100%.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Funny we think the exact same way and reside in the the exact same metropolitan area.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
We as a civilization, both Europeans and Muslims, must learn to be tolerant of our fellow human beings and fellow nationals. But we should be wary of be so tolerant our brains fall out of our own heads. I think it is only common sense to conclude that the current immigration laws have been an utter failure and have provided a breeding ground for tension, fear, and hatred.

Tolerance is nice and all, but honestly; why would you want a bunch of immigrants that make you "wary" to ANY degree in your country, your town, or your neighborhood?

And how about instead of us just blaming the immigrants we blame the real culprits, those who set and keep these horrible immigration laws which are fueling these fires, damaging our national culture, dismantling western civilization, and causing unnecessary tension between otherwise peaceful people.

I agree that immigration laws in Europe have been extremely lenient and welcoming towards Islamic immigrants, many of whom were coming from former European colonies, which kind of obligated those European nations to accept them by way of a guilty national conscience. However, a lot of the things that Westerners find distasteful - and even criminal - are a result of Muslims bringing their Old World customs and cultural mores with them; customs such as honor killings, closing down entire streets to pray outside, Somali cab drivers who refuse to carry seeing-eye dogs or anyone who has alcohol in their possession. Oh, I should mention riots (France 2005) I suppose, and demonstrations like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bdb834b91b1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e68a19081bb.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cea51d919e3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16ce2f53ae67.jpg[/atsimg]

Scary no? I for one, take those people VERY seriously. I mean just look at Rage Boy here:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9edfcf885a81.jpg[/atsimg]

If you ask me, dude is SERIOUS about what he believes; and that could cost you your head.

People will accuse me, like you, of being a bigot, but anyone who knows me will tell you different. I know that not all Muslims want to install sharia law or forcibly convert the entire world at the point of the sword; but the fact is, for evil to succeed, all that is required is for good men to do nothing. If Muslims don't want to be associated with these guys - and I'm sure most of them don't - then they need to stand up and make their voices heard: "Not in MY name!" Because all we see in the Lame Stream Media are images like those above. People who don't look too deeply for the truth are often fooled by LSM brainwashing.

Those pictures above are the absolute face of evil, and it scares white Europeans, and Americans as well. Islam is not only a religion, but a political system as well. There is nothing more abhorrent to Americans than the thought of the State forcing you to pray to the god of their choosing. I'm hoping that we learn from the troubles that Europe has had to endure as a result of failed multiculturalism.

Of course, the United States is the world's biggest and oldest multicultural society, and as a result we have a lot more experience than France or Germany, which were pretty homogeneous until after the end of WWII. Still, there is a minimum level of cultural norms in the US that new immigrants must be held to, such as, oh, I don't know, you CAN'T PUNGE A KNIFE INTO YOUR DAUGHTER'S CHEST BECAUSE SHE WENT TO A SCHOOL DANCE WITH A WHITE BOY And stuff like that. Other than that, welcome to the US.

But I would like to state ... Germany is not a Muslim country and neither is any of the European countries outside of the Balkans. None of the Western nations are Muslim. It does not mean we should put up a sign "No Muslims Allowed" rather we should allow a restricted number of people from the Arab world in so long as it does not change our national and cultural identity. The people of the Western world are Christian and Secular, also arguably Jewish as well, so it is only common sense to keep it that way to preserve a cultural identity.

True, all of it. IMHO, if Muslims want to immigrate to a new country, then they should agree in advance to follow their laws, and not circumvent them with sharia courts or attempting to implement sharia law through the legislative process. For example, if I wanted to immigrate to Saudi Arabia, I'd better be OK with the fact that I wouldn't be doing much drinking in the future (unless I was partying with a Saudi princess
) You know, I would have to expect to obey their laws, and if I got caught stealing, be OK with the fact that my hand would get chopped off.

I know I am going to be called a bigot, xenophobe, nativist, etc... but I think my point has been made and for anyone who thinks it is any of the words listed above I do not care what you think because I know in my heart I practice the message of Jesus Christ, love all men and peace to everyone.

Amen.
edit on 3/8/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Your post says what I could not put into words.
I will be tolerant to some muslims and be intolerant to the fundamentalists.
To say we should be tolerant to all of them regardless of behavior just doesn't work for me.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i thought it was jew's that don't belong in the country. these germans never learn. i don't agree with 150+ american military bases around the world, but in germany's case it's justifiable to have u.s. bases controlling these people for the rest of natural civilization.

not only justifiable they should put all 150+ bases directly into germany and place a 4:00 pm curfew on all those nazi loving sauerkraut eatting fritz's.

every time germany beats argentina in a soccer match, i think to myself, why are these people even playing soccer. or winning gold medals at the olympics or even in the international community.

hitler said the third reich would last a thousand years, well germans should be under strict international observation and curfew for the next thousand years for the ten's of millions of deaths they caused.

edit on 8-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The more I see the more I think there is a holy war comming.
I expect that when the muslims sack the vatican and kill the pope.
WWIII will start for real.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Funny how the word germany always promts someone to make a stupid nazi reference out of context...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Grey, I could not agree with you more. The rabid demands and spread of Islam will absolutely require another Holy War. It will be one big, ruthless, blood bath.

Any learned person, any student of secular history can see this one coming a mile away.

Once it begins, there will be no respite, no quarter, and mass exterminations. This is what Islam teaches, this is what Islam demands, this is what Islamic leaders are preparing for, and in Islamic nations, they are just jumping up and down to bring on the twelfth Immam.

Anyone who thinks they're a "liberal" or "peaceful" Muslim who has no desire to fight and kill, well, the Qur'an and the Hadith curses them, and peer pressure will absolutely require them to.

One good thing: Most are of Eastern descent. And they can't fight worth **** against Westerners once the Westerners get started.

They just think they want what they think they want.

The minister in Germany is only verbalizing what many feel.

You have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to not see what is coming.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken I think most German Muslim immigrants are from Turkey.

Many of them probably are technical people like those from Pakistan.

I doubt that the people of the West have to worry about being overtaken by Islam, since most of them in Germany are likely non fundamentalist Muslims.

The way the fundamentalist in Islam are getting such a bad reputation [ well deserved IMO] I seriously doubt Islam will take over Germany or any other European country.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah OMG everyone should act and dress exactly the same... then we should adopt a world government and make these actions / dress codes / languages mandatory... and individuals shouldn't have freedoms because they are so stupid.

Good point, OP.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Didn't they used to say that about some other religious group over there? Jeeze, I can't remember what they were called, some sort of subversive sect that was a danger to Germany's national character? Drat, it's like, right on the tip of my tongue! What were those people called... Anyway, the Germans didn't like having them around, messing the place up with their non-Christian ways and cultural differences, so the Germans all got together and did something about it! If only I could remember what that damned religious group was... Oh yes, Catholics. Wasn't it Catholics? Might have been Sikhs... No, that doesn't make sense. At any rate, they finally managed to get most of these barbarians out of Germany and secured its standing as a good, peaceful Christian country forevermore.
edit on 8/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Shame what propaganda can do to a nations viewpoint.
And I'm not talking about Germany.
edit on 8-3-2011 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Misoir

Didn't they used to say that about some other religious group over there? Jeeze, I can't remember what they were called, some sort of subversive sect that was a danger to Germany's national character? Drat, it's like, right on the tip of my tongue! What were those people called... Anyway, the Germans didn't like having them around, messing the place up with their non-Christian ways and cultural differences, so the Germans all got together and did something about it! If only I could remember what that damned religious group was... Oh yes, Catholics. Wasn't it Catholics? Might have been Sikhs... No, that doesn't make sense. At any rate, they finally managed to get most of these barbarians out of Germany and secured its standing as a good, peaceful Christian country forevermore.
edit on 8/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

i think they were hindus, first they blamed them for losing ww1, then closed down their shops and took away their rights, they rounded them up and put them in ghettos and finally they executed them. i think they killed around 6 million hindus...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

While that would explain the total absence of garlic in German food, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Hindus. Maybe it was jews? ...Nah, everyone loves the Jews, klezmer music is awesome. Maybe we'll never know. it must not have been THAT important, I guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join