It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hackers Target Alleged WikiLeaker Bradley Manning’s Jailers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wow! These guys aren't messing around. Now they're going after the DoD.
I just pray it does not backfire and cause things to be worse for Bradley
Manning. On the other hand, they're giving these guys an opportunity to
feel what he must be feeling. Exposed and vulnerable.

In a crowdsourced document used to coordinate the group’s actions, Anonymous hackers name Department of Defense Press Secretary Geoff Morell and chief warrant officer Denise Barnes as targets and call on members to dig up personal information on both, including phone numbers, personal histories and home addresses. The goal of the operation, for now, is to “dox” the two officials, the typical Anonymous method of publishing personal information of victims and using it for mass harassment.

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That is not legal though in any way at all.

You cannot make a punishment for one person worse because of the actions of some other random person.

Each person is responsible for their own individual actions.

On that note, we should stop allowing people to escape liability by using legal fictions such as governments, corporations, etc, to serve as shields or umbrellas to absorb liability for their personal actions.

Remember what the rulings of the Nuremberg Trails were?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If the conditions he is being kept in are being accurately reported, then I fully support the actions of Anon.
I understand that the Vietnam torture camps were brutal and that Gitmo did some pretty nasty things to people, but this guy is not a prisoner of war or a terrorist. He is a whistleblower.

Detention is all well and good for leaking documentation marked Secret or above when you work for the US Govt, but to be treated like an animal in a cage is inhumane and wrong.

Go get 'em Anon.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm all for this sort of thing. To paraphrase the Government mantra; if you're not doing anything wrong, you shouldn't worry about who knows. I would really love to see a list of all of Manning's jailers, as well as a list of all the "brave patriots" involved in the "enhanced interrogation" at Gitmo. If for no other reason, so that we can give them the proper recognition for the courageous work that they do. C'mon "heroes", be brave enough to give us your names and addresses so we know who to thank for keeping us safe.

We can find out if a sex offender lives in our neighborhood, why not a serial torturer?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes. "I was just following orders" doesn't cut it anymore. Ask Eichmann

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Kick ass Anon. Go for their throats. I hope you guys and girls work you way straight up the chain of command.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The only thing I don't like....and I thought about this on another ANON post regarding a conversation with"Penny" is they keep calling Manning a hero. Do they not realize they are impying he is guilty? They may be doing him harm. He really may not have leaked info. Nobody knows but him, God, and MAYBE JA. It really bothered me and now this even more. They keep saying what he DID was be a hero etc...NOBODY KNOWS YET.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by orbitbaby

Kick ass Anon. Go for their throats. I hope you guys and girls work you way straight up the chain of command.

Helluva thing for a Naval officer to say, huh? LOL

new topics

top topics

join