It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

considered an act of insurrection

Nope, re-read the 10th. Further take a moment to re-read the Constitution. The last time I checked, the Constitution and the BOR were still the law of the land. By adhering to the writings within, there is no law broken, further no grounds for " insurrection" claims.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

My liberal messiah?

who Kennedy? Hes dead, shot by.....wait a minute who did shoot Kennedy?

You made a faulty assumption

If you hate Bush then you must love Obama

Why can't I hate both???

So my good man if you would kindly remove your head from your rectum please.....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Re-read the Constitution, if the Federal Government is no longer working for the people by the people, the state is well within their rights to secede.

Given the state of the nation, which by the way you already admitted stating it was corrupt, why wouldn't a state want to repair themselves, and admonish themselves from corrupt system? And where is your logic leading you? From first appearance, I would say not very far!

And they should! I agree! I don't think my logic is flawed at all for this fact: You and I both agree that government is corrupt right? How is Texas' government any different then any other state? Texas has corruption issues also. So - the only way for Texas to 'fix' this problem would be to overthrow their own state government.
So, no - my logic didn't lead me very far because it strikes at the heart of the matter.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yrwehere1
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

No great loss as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Mexico would like to have it back?

News flash for you....Mexico already thinks it still owns Texas....and Az and N Mexico and Kalifornia

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
does texas have everything they need in their state to supply their people ? because washington would stop any trucks from going into texas i know they are big on farms and dairy but is that enough ?

how would they do that?
they cant even stop illegal aliens from coming into texas!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Talk of seccesion happens every couple of years here in Texas. It was maybe 2 years ago the Gov was threatening it. I have been a resident of Houston, Texas for the past year, transplanted from Michigan. I have to say that Texas is the most racist place I have ever lived. People hear love the N-word when refering to African-Americans an the F-word when refering to homosexuals. This type of language is second nature to a lot of people in Texas. My neighbors, most of my co-workers all talk in a racist manner, I have over heard people at work complaning about the smell of black people in general. In my opinion after seeing the true nature of Texas, The United States should kick Texas out and let them go it alone.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Enjoy your holy S&L style corruption

Turd don't stink in Texas

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

To a degree I would agree with you. But the possibility of removing themselves, from an already corrupt system, would allow for any " within issues", to be resolved. Stop and think, if by seceding, they would have to re-write their States Constitution, and re-establish new trade ..etc etc....is it possible that re-establishing themselves would " clear" any voids. Particularly because you would have more of the peoples " voices " being heard. I'm only guessing though.

link   
If Texas was to succeed (I believe that's the word I'm looking for) from the United States, who would be their leader? I would presume that anyone living in Texas wouldn't have access to American schools or stores. They would have to create their own currency, plumbing, electricity, ect. I Can't see how this can be a positive thing for anyone living in the State of Texas. I think personally that people need to get out of this "run and separate" mindset, and start putting their feet down and standing up for the places that are already home.

link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by butcherguy

But it certainly wasn't an attack, I even like liberals way too much to attack them, now-a-days, anyway.
I'd sooner attack racists now.

I'm a liberal Texan, born and bred, raised on a big spread between Idalou and Lubbock that I still own growing cotton and onions. My family was as racist as they come as was most of the good Christians that I encountered in a small Baptist church where I attended Sunday school.

I was pretty much run out of Texas, when I got out of the military and brought home a wife with dark skin and broken English. My family disowned me and my "friends" abandoned me.

It's still like that from my observation....the hatred is just not as overt and open!

Just try being a mixed race couple in Texas and see what happens.
edit on 8-3-2011 by whaaa because: truth tellin

So that is all Texan's?

Wow ignorance combated with ignorance.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Well all the power plants and manufacturing within its states borders, can very easily be disconnected from the main line, and redistributed to the needs of the people within. Very easy to become self sustaining, when you already have the means to do so.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

I would move To Texas!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Won't need too. If Texas succeeds in this motion, I think Az., Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina, Montana, and several others will follow suit. So pick your place!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

considered an act of insurrection

Nope, re-read the 10th. Further take a moment to re-read the Constitution. The last time I checked, the Constitution and the BOR were still the law of the land. By adhering to the writings within, there is no law broken, further no grounds for " insurrection" claims.

I get what you are saying, but I honestly don't think that they'll take the time to go to the Supreme Court to stop Texas from Seceeding if it actually was attempted. Washington would simply view it as an act of insurrection and activate the military to stop it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't see how this is even plausible. We need to focus on making our country a better place, not how we can tear it apart. We are the most powerful country in the world and by passing this bill, it would only lead us backwards as well as inspire the nation's uneducated, intolerant, anarchists, and separatists to keep blabbing their mouths away with libel and ignorance.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yea, yea, yea...Heard it all before ( see Quebec secession from Canada, Bloc Quebecois). Like a gilted spouse who wants the divorce and the alimony. Ok, Texas wants to secede? Fine, no more US government money for highways or health care. No more social security, medicaid, medicare, veterans benefits (neither England nor Canada paid benefits to American volunteers during WW 1 or 2 after the wars ended), voting rights, congressional or senatorial seats, guarantees of Constitutional freedoms, natural disaster aid outside of volunteers, and finally, no entry into ANY U.S. state or territory without a valid Republic of Texas Passport.

If Texans can agree to those terms, then bon soir mes amis! We all know that isn't going to happen nor will the Beltway Boys allow it to happen. I must say, however, it will be interesting to see what happens when US Customs and Border Enforcement leave, though; and when Mexico decides it wants to be a little closer to the Republic of Texas and its now independent resources no longer under the protection of the US military.

Sound a bit extreme? Well, assuming D.C. will let that happen (which we all know it wont) it is exactly what will happen. Foreign nationals who do not reside in the U.S. are not given any of the above mentioned benefits. I can see no reason to afford foreign nationals from the Republic of Texas the same things we deny others.

Ya know what, if you let Mexico take over you can illegally invade the US and the Peoples Republic of California will hook you up! Problem solved!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok first off, Texas wont go but sometimes the "MAN" just needs a reminder that he better shape up or it is technically a possibility.

You guys crack me up saying good riddance, Texas is by far the top producing, not broke like the rest or not as broke I guess I should say....state in the US. There are only a couple states that can ever in their time make a claim such as this. If more states were like Texas, we would not be in the situation the country is in right now. And this is also while being one of the biggest with illegal alien invasion issues as well, just think how great we would be if that wasnt an issue. Dont fool yourself, the fed is the reason we have this issue, if we could take care of it ourselves, well lets just say it wouldnt be quite as bad for sure on that front. Texas could easily hold Mexico back from invasion with no help from the Fed. As long as we were not held back, we would prevail much easier than the first time we did this.

Ya we get corrupt politicians just like the others, not much you can do about that. But if it came down to it, we could take care of that easy enough once we "remodeled".

Texas is one of Id say 2-3 states that could truly be self sufficient 100%. There are lots of great states out there, any that at least try to stand up once in a while to prove a point is ok in my book. So any that talk bad about Texas, well your opinion doesnt matter much anyways. Call it bravado or whatever you like, but the fact remains Texas could technically do all this if it came down to it and survive. But hopefully its not that far gone and will not come to that

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Your argument would have merit, if it wasnt for that darned ol paper thingy called the Constitution that strictly prevents the use of military forces against its own statesmen. More specifically, the Posse Comitatus Act.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement.

The Act prohibits members of the Army, and Air Force, from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

The statute prohibits Army and Air Force personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Navy, and Marine Corps are prohibited by Department of Defense Directive, not by the Act itself.[1][2] The Coast Guard, under the Department of Homeland Security, is exempt from the Act.

Now of course, there are some " exceptions", but those exceptions violate the Constitution. Which further suggests, that the Feds don't abide by the law/act, and will continue to infringe on our rights until something dramatic occurs. Which this event in Texas may spark that " dramatic event".

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by whaaa

I am in a miclxed race marriage and have had no problems whatsoever.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join