It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
just think a free state of Texas.

No federal income taxes
No groping at airports
No Patriot Act
Nobody telling you, you can't have guns,
matter of fact, they ought to change the state
line sign to read:

Welcome to Texas
If you ain't got a gun,
stop in at the Welcome Center
and we'll give ya one

That also means No Social Security,
Medicare, Medicaid or food stamps

edit on 3/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

and no forced health ins. no forced redistribution, I ve heard they do have high property tax, lesse where did I hear that, oh yes it was that gal everybody dissed who ran against Rick Perry.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'll move to Texas and help out. We can use steak as currency! Mmmmm....delicious money....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
I find in a good thing if Texas did this. It would make the U.S have to act and act fast. to come to terms with Texas. They would also have to deal with other States following Texas. I think if Texas did do this it would start a 2nd Civil War. To the people who think People from Texas should be barred from the rest of the united states. With Texas gone the collapse of the U.S is going to happen sooner rather than Later with the loss of Taxes and other money losses. So yeah Bar them than in less than ten years when the U.S is a "Third country nation" you might think back to what a stupid thought that was lol..

Good point, quite possibly other States who joined the Obamacare lawsuit might do this, although Florida has a large number of retired seniors who depend on SS, but the way things are going they wont get much of that anyway, or medicare.

Also there were rumors that Hillary went to China and offered up US land as collateral for our debt to them. If Texas secedes then this corrupt and treasonous Marxist crew cannot do that, and it would sure put the screws to the plans of the NWO, but then again, they would probly just call in the Blue Helmets and take what they want.
edit on 8-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Wow moving to west Texas this week from Ohio, this could be pretty interesting. Doubt it will happen though

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
This is a great idea if texas goes and arizona and california follow there goes 75% of all the illegals in our country, woot go texas go.Theyre practically a mexican colony now anyway this is one of the best ideas texas has had yet, I think all americans should support this decision and help texas go.

Exactly, then Texas can decide who gets benefits, and if they want they can stop public education, or control who gets access. The illegals will run somewhere else if they cant get all the free stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You see once again evveryone does not read the fine print....

The plan is not to just succeed...

As I posted in another thread... ask a Texan about how this sounds...

The United States of Texas...

has a nice ring to it.........

Yes a government based on the Values of Texas....

Your proposal for a bio currency interesting.....

Texas still does run a lot of cattle... A whole lot.... I see a rather different currency of black gold.....

The odds are real low of it passing..... I see Obama crushing any attempts straight out of rebellion.... if it does....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

No great loss as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Mexico would like to have it back?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

There are actually 26 states now in the Florida hc lawsuit, and the judge gave the govt a week to file a appeal! This suggests to me that a lot of people are willing to separate from draconian laws. The US is probably the biggest contributor to the UN. I wonder how many here know that Obama and Biden co-sponsored a bill called the Global Poverty Act, which would have given 0.07 % of total gdp to the UN to fight world poverty(every person in the world living under 2 $ a day), if it had passed. Oh, and that would have been over and above what we already give to the UN. Fortunately the Goracle carbon tax has languished as well. Don't worry, the Bilderbergs are still looking for a way to impose a global tax. After all, the Bilderbergs okd war with Iran.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Text

Your proposal for a bio currency interesting.....

What could be worse than a NAU where we join currency with Mexico anway?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Some of these comments really make me shake my head.

Seriously what is up with all the Texas hate? Is it because the Left simply cannot get past that GWB was govener? Does that make Texas evol? Got anything better than that?

I have lived in Texas for nearly 24 years, and besides most of the people they show on tv, which I highly suspect are from the same vein as those who see UFO's and who would appear on the Jerry Springer show (which I blame on the media)... Most people you encounter in REAL LIFE are decent hardworking people, some have more money than most, some less than most, just looking for a decent way of life.

Are there dirt bags here, sure, just like with any State. Is Texas as messed up as many other States.. No. Not by a long shot *side eye to you California.. coming straight from the fingers from a Cali girl born and bred*

So all of you haters can yammer on and on.. go right ahead. But let me promise you this.. don't you worry your pretty little heads about us Texans.. We will be just fine either way.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yeehaw!!! Back to the Texas Republic we go! Who knows, maybe we'll end up actually doing it and other states will follow. Then we form a new confederacy, and the South Rises again! Haha, that would be interesting, maybe we'll try to take over Mexico again. But seriously, this is sort of the same thing as what started the Civil War, dirty politics and a lack of States Rights. Sure, slavery was the topic that instigated the states rights debate but when it comes down to it the Civil War was for State Sovereignty. So when I make "the south will rise" jokes, I'm not being racist or anything, I just support states rights and my own personal freedoms that seem to be getting snatched up these days when I'm not looking. Honestly, I love America, but I think the U.S.A is mockery of what our founding fathers designed it to be. Though, I don't think that the Feds would let Texas do it, we've got to much Oil, cattle, cotton, etc. For them let us just leave.
Peace!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

And there are already people willing to put their lives on the line.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Obama cant " crush ' anything? Where you came up with that i dunno? 10th Amendment allows for States to take actions it feels necessary to protect its citizenry. Especially if the Feds aren't doing the job they were sworn to do. Texas is well within their rights authorized by the Constitution.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is very interesting......Texas is Bush Country and nothing happens in texas without the Bushes giving the ok.

The Bushes want their own country! Poppy wants to be president again!!

We will have to see how it all pans out.

Even if the vote is only for advisory reasons.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

Seriously what is up with all the Texas hate? Is it because the Left simply cannot get past that GWB was govener? Does that make Texas evol? Got anything better than that?

From a visceral stand point - it is the endless moaning

Maybe is has a little to do with TEXAS executing people with sub simian IQ's for crimes, or there extremely punitive, quasi fascist legal system and judges, but I digress...

the Left did not make all these threat, "CLEM WE's GONNA SUCCEED!" water the tree of liberty, second amendment remedies, it is like a pack of children threatening to run away...

Just do it already, fine by me

OR

Shut the $#@$ up and grow a sack (not you of course)

edit on 8-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think it would be awesome if Texas secedes! A state with such an ego only brings disharmony to an already corrupt system. Everything that I see coming from Texas is all about itself, rather than the country it is supposedly a part of. Texas reeks of egotistical selfishness from the bottom up. All I see is a bunch of "Lone Star" cry babies when the entire country is falling a part - what do they do? Focus on themselves.

What does it matter that the Texas GDP is #2? The entire country is failing across the board.
Just think about how much Federal money will be saved once they leave! Cut the fat!
I say, “good-bye Texas” – don't let the door hit ya on your way out... matter a fact, I think a lot of US citizens will hold the door open for y'all.
Go Texas!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Obama cant " crush ' anything? Where you came up with that i dunno? 10th Amendment allows for States to take actions it feels necessary to protect its citizenry. Especially if the Feds aren't doing the job they were sworn to do. Texas is well within their rights authorized by the Constitution/

I agree to an extent.. but an attempt at Secession will still be considered an act of insurrection. Besides, the USGOV will not be happy to lose control of all of the military bases in Texas, expecially Lackland AFB.

Obviously, this won't have much of an effect on anything as a whole, but since elections are pretty much the most reliable polling system there is, it is a way to get a feel for public sentiment, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

That's right, dont take the time to make a constructive thought on this thread. Conjuring up a useful statement is much to much to ask ins't it? Keep blaming Bush because of their residency?

Let me ask? When do you suppose your beloved liberal messiah is gonna own up, and take responsibility for his own actions? Oh, that's right....he's working in behalf of his constituents isn't he?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is a plebiscite. A "Yes" vote DOES NOT MEAN Texas would leave the Union. It's just an advisory opinion, a poll no more binding than one in USA Today. It is interesting from a political "rally the troops" point of view, but if it passed overwhelmingly, all the Texas legislature would do is say, "Gee, what do we do now?"

Then the fun would begin.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Everything that I see coming from Texas is all about itself, rather than the country it is supposedly a part of.

Re-read the Constitution, if the Federal Government is no longer working for the people by the people, the state is well within their rights to secede.

Given the state of the nation, which by the way you already admitted stating it was corrupt, why wouldn't a state want to repair themselves, and admonish themselves from corrupt system? And where is your logic leading you? From first appearance, I would say not very far!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join