It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by whaaa

Because its not possible that they already have them.

Am I right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Lincoln never suspended the constitution, he suspended the writ of habeas corpus.

Bush did the same thing, only for far less a reason.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I find it amazing that the statists are always the first to turn to violence to get their way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
Again?

*Yawn*

Sorry for the short post, but don't they threaten this every time a Democrat is President?

Guess you "forgot" that Lyndon Johnson, our 36th President, was a Democrat....and was a native Texan.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3/7/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

Yes, I remember very well. What does that have to do with the subject of this thread? I'm specifically addressing these habitual Texan "secessionists".

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
just think a free state of Texas.

No federal income taxes
No groping at airports
No Patriot Act
Nobody telling you, you can't have guns,
matter of fact, they ought to change the state
line sign to read:

Welcome to Texas
If you ain't got a gun,
stop in at the Welcome Center
and we'll give ya one

That also means No Social Security,
Medicare, Medicaid or food stamps

edit on 3/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Originally posted by boondock-saint
if this does pass, then I will
seriously consider moving to Texas.
I do have extended family there already

Me too. I think I read somewhere that they allow cousins to marry.

That sure makes it convenient for wedding and family reunion combos.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

If Texas goes independent, I might just have to move there.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Me too. I think I read somewhere that they allow cousins to marry.
That sure makes it convenient for wedding and family reunion combos.

lol
star 4 u

seems like u and I were raised in the
same neck of the woods. Interbreeding
will do that to us, lmao.

Seems like the Aliens are not the only ones
who can inter marry. hahahaha

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

The secessionist movement in Texas has been around since 1861. You said:

"Sorry for the short post, but don't they threaten this every time a Democrat is President?"

....Which implies that Texans are only unhappy when "Democrats: are Presidents, which is simply not a true statement. A lot of Texans are Independents, including myself. I vote for the best person for the job in my opinion, not the party line...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Exactly. Not to mention that as a kid growing up and playing Cowboys and Indians, I ALWAYS opted to be an Indian. Aside from running around yelling at the top of my lungs in my underwear, I especially enjoyed shooting Cowboys with arrows. I suppose I'm what you call a modern day Liberal.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I am all for Texas leaving the Union, I WANT them to leave the Union. I HOPE they leave the Union.

I think we should all support Texas leaving the Union, and immediately write a Amendment to the US Constitution barring anyone from Texas ever being allowed in the United States.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

AUSTIN -- The Texas Nationalist Movement will host a rally at the state capitol Saturday urging lawmakers to put the matter of Texas independence before the state's voters in a non-binding plebiscite.

...i dont have a problem with any group presenting a non-binding plebiscite... its not going to accomplish anything but getting their opinion on record...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/090a3f1a97fc.gif[/atsimg]
...the highly over-rated "line in the sand" rally was last saturday and it was lame - only a couple hundred tnm supporters showed up...

...as for texas seceding - its a pipe dream that i'm opposed to...

...historical secession attempts have zero relevance in what would happen nowadays...

...secession talk is a political manipulation intended solely to get folks so riled up that they dont bother to use their brain and ask these groups about their plan for AFTER secession...

...the usofa military industrial complex is deeply rooted in texas and they're not gonna just walk away from trillions of dollars worth of land, installations, equipment, weaponry, etc... all they'd have to do is drop one mega bomb and it'd be all over with but the burying and the crying...

...the economy is good here... it could be better, sure - but - we're doing better than lots of other states... we have a few problems but name one state that does not... secession will increase problems astronomically...

...the pro-secession groups dont have a plan for the thousands and thousands of retired military who would lose their benefits, retirement pay, their insurance... sure, they can move to another state but what about the elderly or sick ones who cant move on a whim?...

...what about all the people who depend on social security checks?... whats the "come and take it" bunch going to do about them?... let them starve?...

...laredo is one of the busiest entry ports in the usofa... interstate 35 is a primary corridor for commerical vehicles hauling north... interstate 10 is a primary east/west commercial corridor... they were built with federal money and they're maintained with federal money...

...houston ship channel... haliburton... nasa...

...i could go on for hours listing reasons why secession will never happen (or, if it does, why it wont last long and lots of innocent people will get killed because of idiots and their pipedreams) - but - the ones i've noted are clear enough for texans with a fully functional brain....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d32b21e625e.gif[/atsimg]

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
The petition to secede was signed by over a million registered voters.

...that proves the same thing most of your responders proved - which is - people dont read worth a damn or ask pertinent questions - like - (1) whats the worst case scenarios for AFTER secession?... (2) what plans have been prepared for those worst case scenarios?... (3) wheres the money going to come from to pay for enacting those plans?...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Awesome I live in Texas

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Top Polluters by State / ANIMAL WASTE = TEXAS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21b341ea1f3b.png[/atsimg]

SOURCE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3e3eaa01017.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I say, good for them.

Best that they secede and pursue their own path. If they succeed, then other states may follow.

Vermont has tried to have a steady secessionist movement with little if any luck so far. It takes a strong state economy and other assets to secede. If any state can do it, Texas certainly can.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

To add to your last paragraph, there will be plenty of angry, starving people with guns.

Like it or not, social services are a necessary evil. There will always be a segment of the population that will demand them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Top Polluters by State / ANIMAL WASTE = TEXAS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21b341ea1f3b.png[/atsimg]

Yep.

Having on average, over 16,000,000 head of cattle will do that.

That is not even counting the sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, and horses.

SOURCE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3e3eaa01017.jpg[/atsimg]

Wind power in Texas consists of many wind farms with a total installed nameplate capacity of 9,410 MW[1] from over 40 different projects. Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state, followed by Iowa with 3,670 MW.

The Roscoe Wind Farm (781 MW) is the world's largest wind farm. Other large wind farms in Texas include: Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center, Sherbino Wind Farm, Capricorn Ridge Wind Farm, Sweetwater Wind Farm, Buffalo Gap Wind Farm, King Mountain Wind Farm, Desert Sky Wind Farm, Wildorado Wind Ranch, and the Brazos Wind Farm.

Link

lol indeed Mr. I have egg on my face.

edit on 3/8/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: Fixed Formatting

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Im a Texan and excited that I may have a chance to vote about this. It has always been my option that Texas could take care of its self. We have oil (amongst other natural resources) , a major shipping port and lots of people willing to protect the state.

Now Im not saying I dont like the US. I really do like it and I love what America is supposed to stand for - Freedom . But the people running this country now are simply ruining it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I agree that it more than likely has not been fully thought out.

I disagree that it can't be done in today's age.

Freedom from oppression never goes out of date.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

. .

That also means No Social Security,
Medicare, Medicaid or food stamps

edit on 3/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Social Security would be gone.

Medicare, Medicaid, and food stamps would be cut back by about half, which would hopefully force the state to clamp down on some people smooching off the government teet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join