It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And all those are rust-belt cities that lost their industries decades ago to China, Japan and Mexico. It also doesn't help that those cities belong to red states.Last time I checked mayors weren't setting national tax or trade policies.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatuknoYour statement is separating minorities from taxpayers, therefore you are suggesting that minorities are somehow inferior to "taxpayers" by simply being minorities.

How else do you want us to take your separation of minorities and taxpayers?

Negative Ghostrider the pattern is full...

Here is what I said:

Originally posted by Golf66Personally, I would much rather see say NY or Illinois and CA (and all the traditionally blue States right with them) leave the Union - talk about an embarrassment. Running in the red for years; taking away personal freedoms, falling all over themselves to pacify and indulge the minorities and illegals at the expense of the taxpayers.

I will change the verbs in the sentence to suit your politics by switching the verbs to oppress and disenfranchise and then tell me how I this reads and what it infers...are they now inferior to taxpayers as well? Where is the serperation and the statement that they are not taxpayers themselves?

Running in the red for years; taking away personal freedoms, falling all over themselves to oppress and disenfranchise the minorities and illegals at the expense of the taxpayers.

Does this now infer the groups are superior to taxpayers in some way? If so how; because they are receiving an action that is perceived as negative to them at the expense of the taxpayer?

It implies nothing of the sort rather it implies no separation of any kind with regard to their morality or ethics or relative worth in comparison to the taxpayers.

All it states is that the named groups are the recipient of the action of the verbs and the funding for those actions comes from the taxpayers.

I doubt you'd have come to the same conclusion if I had said the above about the red states; rather you'd have likely clapped and cheered becasuse it fits your agenda.

edit on 14/3/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Not to mention, a lot of those minorities are Taxpayers, like my family that live in Texas (from India). If the government wants to screw over tax-paying minorities, then they're actually funding their own demise, whether they like it or not.

It's like that nationally, I do not eat corn (particularly, the cheap GMO American corn) or its byproducts, yet I still have to pay for the subsidies on it. I totally agree with Texan secession, because now the US is a lot like what Mexico was when they wanted to leave Mexico, it's become strongly centralized (and it also abolished slavery).

I say we should declare a war on hypocrisy!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
People, we should be encoraging Texas to leave the Union.

Texas has been a complete embarassment to the US for far too long now. And if they want to be their own country, they should. We can only hope they take the TEA Party racsts with them.

And if they do leave the Union we can all laugh as they are completely occupied by Mexican drug cartels within a week, if not full on invaded by an enemy country.

A Texas on it's own is a good thing and they should be encouraged.

What an extremely ignorant and arrogant post. Texas is one of the only States left that's keeping the country going. We supply oil and power to many States. The United States Government has proven itself incapable of running this country. It won't even secure the borders yet it goes and invades other countries! And, just an FYI, Texas has been its own country before. And we did very, very well. And we will continue to do so, especially when we leave the Union. No more liberals dragging us down into the pits.

Mind you, this WILL happen. It's a guarantee once the US collapses. So please, by all means, call us Texans every name in the book. I'm beginning to believe it's more of jealousy (and liberal brainwashing) than anything else. Once the US collapses and you flock here to try and rebuild what's left of your shattered lives, we "ignorant" and "discriminatory" Texans are going to turn you back to the Third-World remains of what was once the United States of America.

Btw; We'd have the balls to fight the drug cartels, unlike our "leaders" in Washington.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Would be a good idea to read the article. This is a proposal for a NON-BINDING resolution to be used for advisement only. This is not an official secessation in any form -- that would be an act of civil war, to be honest, and would be treated as such.

This is opiate for the masses. However, it should be noted that it came from the same part of Texas that HB 1937 and HB 1938 originated from (Northeast Texas near Tyler). See this thread for more information: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-7-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

It's so refreshing to see that at least a few others here read beyond he headline.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skogg

I would personally rather live in Iran than an independent Texas, Iran would be FAR more tolerant.

An independent Texas would be taken over by drug cartels within a week of the US military pulling it's assets out.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm going to make a prediction here: If Congressman Ron Paul gains popularity as a presidential candidate, Texas will secede from the union. Think about it: a Ron Paul administration is possibly the biggest threat to those who control everything. We're talking about the guy who pushed for the Federal Reserve to be audited and become nationalized.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What would make Iran a more tolerant country to live in then Texas? Call me naive, but I would thoroughly enjoy hearing the logic behind your reasoning.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Nathwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

The fact that the average Iranian is 1000% more tolerant than the average Texan? Comparing the two peoples I would feel much safer and accepted by even the Taliban than Texans and I'm a white guy!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
As far as I know, the last time states seceded, Lincoln suspended the constitution and we had a thing called the civil war.

just sayin....

Which Lincoln had absolutely zero right to do.

Just sayin'.

It is my understanding that Texas is the only state of the union that can "legally" secede from the union. some agreement they had when they applied for statehood.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I don't disagree at all. I wasn't sure whether it was just in the pledge of allegiance or whether it was more of a constitutional thing. Again thanks for the info. I love learning new things.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22

It is my understanding that Texas is the only state of the union that can "legally" secede from the union. some agreement they had when they applied for statehood.

Then what's the hold up. I own considerable property in Texas. How will this affect my property taxes.
I already pay for Texan kids to go to school with my taxes, upkeep on the infrastructure, etc, and I don't even live there.

How is that fair?

I think we all know that Texas won't secede. It's just bluster from the Gov. "pretty boy" trying to placate his rightwing Christian base. Either do it and shut up or quit bringing it up. It's so lame and just sounds like whining school children...."I'm gonna take my ball and go home"
edit on 20-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I regret to inform you that is incorrect. I posted back on pg 22. Please note source and feel free to correct them if they are wrong:

Q: Did the terms of Texas's admission to the Union include permission to withdraw if it found statehood not to its liking?

In fact, Texas received no special terms in its admission to the Union. Once Texas had agreed to join the Union, she never had the legal option of leaving, either before or after the Civil War.

TEXAS STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
post removed for sake of clutter.
edit on 20-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by whaaa

Then what's the hold up. I own considerable property in Texas. How will this affect my property taxes.
I already pay for Texan kids to go to school with my taxes, upkeep on the infrastructure, etc, and I don't even live there.

How is that fair?

"Fair"? How is it fair you get to 'own' land at all? You could put your land in a land trust, taking it out of the market, and avoid a good share of those taxes. But if you participate in the system, I find it silly to complain about aspects you don't like.

oops, I see my subtle sarcasm went over your head. In actuality, this was a dig at arch conservatives that are constantly whining about their taxes being stolen by the fed to pay for things they don't agree with like medicare or public education.

I understand that sarcasm is an acquired taste best served with a side of tongue in cheek and educated palettes are a rarity at ATS.

my apologies.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Texas can secede, legally. Anyone that disagrees can kiss the barrel of my shotgun.
Why? Because that is how laws are enforced.
There are all sorts of laws on the books. There is a U.S. constitution. Totally disregarded.
So why are we concerned with laws that are not enforced?
Kinda kurious says Texans cannot legally secede. What a joke. Texans can make a law that says it can secede, just like they made a law that says they can join the union.
Whatukno thinks Texans are worse than Iranians, so he would have Iran join the Union and Texas leave. That is cool by me. The rest of the U.S. can spend countless billions "protecting" Iran like we protect Israel.
But wait! Why do we send money to Israel? They are not a state.
But, Texas cannot "legally" secede....
pathetic.
Yes, I am speaking to YOU K.K.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I love my native State of Texas.... But I must admit... If we were to secede I would move to a Oklahoma or something.... I mean come on...

Can you imagine? PRESIDENT Rick Perry? I get sick to my stomach just thinking of that... That guy is horrible for the state yet we are so republican as a state, we vote him back in despite the fact that he is screwing things up here worse in worse....

Just no....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by kinda kurious

Hmmm…the Library vs the Constitution. Which should we follow?

Sec. 1. FREEDOM AND SOVEREIGNTY OF STATE. Texas is a free and independent State, subject only to the Constitution of the United States, and the maintenance of our free institutions and the perpetuity of the Union depend upon the preservation of the right of local self-government, unimpaired to all the States.

Sec. 2. INHERENT POLITICAL POWER; REPUBLICAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

Debate that one.

I will be waiting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by whatukno

www.the-vibe.co.uk...

Iran more tolerant. Ahahahaha

If you were not there already, you have gone off the deep end.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

L.F....try this little experiment to test the tolerance in Texas.........

Ride around a white neighbor hood with a carload of your black or Hispanic friends.

We used to do this in University Park and make book on how long it would take till we got pulled over.

edit on 21-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join