It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by nenothtuNot quite sure what point you were trying to drive home with that graphic, but the map shows Texas, in combination with the entire southeast except Florida, to be the most racially diverse area in the entire country...

Some people believe racial diversity to be the end all of civilization, mostly its the race obsessed...

I chose to live in Missouri.

I hardly ever think about a persons race only thier qualities; however, for #s and giggles...a search reveals:

Carrol County Missouri Statistics: Demographics 98.5% White alone.

I have no problem with this I have all my antural teeth and no tatoos - I think instead of checking that ratio we should chek the debt to income ratio of the state in relation to demographics and then the rate of public assistance to demographics in relation to the political party in power as well.

Wonder what we'd discover? I think we'd all find that the democrat run states have higher "diversity" greater urban density, tighter gun laws nore crime, higher dropout rates, higher taxes and more...

Statewide according to that source MO is 89% white alone so perhaps we are "worse" than Texas - lol!
edit on 8/3/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

I grew up in Redneck Country, and didn't notice all that much in the way of bad teeth or tattoos - or married cousins, or any of the other stereotypes homeboy here is trying to perpetuate in lieu of a rational argument. Matter of fact, I've seen a LOT more of those sorts of things out here in the flatlands, among these more genteel and civilized folk. They TALK a lot of trash about the redneck types, us hicks and hillbillies, while exemplifying the very things the want to appear to frown upon.

Go figure. Maybe they've never run across a real redneck... then again, maybe it's just a function of where I grew up, an ancestral memory of sorts, and the rest of Redneck Land is differently oriented.. There's a marked distrust of marked-up and painted folks back home, probably going all the way back to the days when marked-up and painted folk only came around when there was a scalp to be collected... I'm an indian,but I got along there very well, since I avoided marking myself up rather splendidly.

Ya have to wonder about folks who promote stereotypes of ANY ONE other than themselves, rather than engage in any logical debate. I reckon when facts get in the way, it's best to fall back on stereotypes and conjecture, eh? I get a rel kick out of folks who approach an argument armed with emotion only, devoid of facts to employ.

They're pretty entertaining, and I've seen a lot of 'em in the past week or two. Seems to me that someone may be on the run, and tossing smoke to cover the retreat.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by nightbringr

How can he take control if they are not part of the US anymore?

It's really going to come down to where the commanding officer, whoever that may be, and the soldiers loyalties lie.

I know your very proud of Texas, but I'd still wager on them siding with the US of A. Especially again since most COs' will be from other states originally and will feel more loyalty overall to the union.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by nightbringr

Well, look at Nichols' record. He has spent most of his time I'm Texas.

Furthermore, considering his troops are Texans, they would gladly tell him to go jump off a cliff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Well I'm glad your so confident! Reguardless, it ain't gonna matter. Five years from now you'll still be apart of the USA if it hasn't financially collapsed by then,
taking you all down with it!

edit on 8-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

the Left did not make all these threat, "CLEM WE's GONNA SUCCEED!" water the tree of liberty, second amendment remedies, it is like a pack of children threatening to run away...

Where have I seen you recently in connection with the thought of "running away"? Oh, yes, I remember now - it was in the Wisconsin runaway legislators thread, wasn't it?

Somehow "running away" was a fine thing for THEM, taking a "moral stand", and all that tripe, but here it's somehow "childish"?

No, you're right, there IS a difference. HERE the Texans aren't "running away", they're standing their ground. Their OWN ground.

Still, it's rather odd that you now think "running away" is a BAD thing...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

You do realize that if Texas did secede from the Union EMP bomb's would be dropped across the State and either cruise missle would be used to eliminate the state government or special op's forces would arrest the state government.

+ Texas only has two nuke plants and a small national guard. Texas Air National Guard is a joke, only able to field:
C-130 Hercules United States Tactical Transport
F-16C/D Fighting Falcon United States Air Superiority Fighter
MQ-1 Predator United States Remote controlled UAV

The battle would be over before Texan's even seen it coming.
------
P.S even if Texan's in the federal military defected to the Texas Republic it wouldn't matter. Washington D.C would just phone Harrisburg, and a few F-22's from the Pennsylvania National Air Guard would eliminate any Texan or pro-Texan air force(our air force have an air refueling capability) or army units.

+ with reinforcements from the California National Guard(they have the most ground units of any National Guard I think)and from various Midwest states National Air Guard, it wouldn't last long.
edit on 8-3-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I didn't read through all 15 pages so I'll just give my overall opinion of a Texas independence. In a nutshell, I totally support it. I'm not a fan of Texas but I'm all for any state willing to be self sustaining. In fact, the Republic of Cascadia (where I live) was voted by Time Magazine as one of the top upstart nations in the world. We just need some crazy ass rebels like the Texans to pave the way so the rest of us can follow suit.

Don't get me wrong, I still want the USA to exist but it should be in a capacity similar to the EU. States (or groups of them) should have their own sovereignty if the wish to.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Another secessionist thread, and not to our surprise, it's Texas, again. I don't know how long we are going to have heard about texas threatening to leave on this forum. In 10 years time we will see the same thread with the same topic.

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Wow.

About time.

What on earth are you talking about? Secession is nothing new from Texas or other states for that matter. It's been going on for years, even decades now. Your texan governor said the same thing two years ago, and really now.

Personally I think it'd be good if Texas left. They'd make a good buffer between us and Mexico.... well... atleast until the hispanics outnumber the whites in that state by 2020. But hey! Your all Texans! Finally Texans will have to deal with the same issues, and the same choices, in their own state, and then maybe, just maybe Houston or Dallas will break off to escape those very issues.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Which Lincoln had absolutely zero right to do.

Actually there is nothing in the constitution against what Lincoln did because secession is not clarified in it. If secession was such a simple process, the United states would not be what it is today. The Union grew from being anti-secessionist in the first place. Land was expanded, Mexico was invaded, Texas was pressured to join along with other states. The notion that secession is a process in which states are merely unhappy with the government, it ain't that simply and never will be.

And yes whats more interesting in this comment of yours, the confederate states intended to break off with the fullest intentions of preserving slavery, which is against the fundalmental freedoms people like you advocate for, so it is very hypocritical from your side.

People choose to read and believe what they want, they pick out the bits they like, and throw away the truths that are inconvenient.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
I didn't read through all 15 pages so I'll just give my overall opinion of a Texas independence. In a nutshell, I totally support it. I'm not a fan of Texas but I'm all for any state willing to be self sustaining. In fact, the Republic of Cascadia (where I live) was voted by Time Magazine as one of the top upstart nations in the world. We just need some crazy ass rebels like the Texans to pave the way so the rest of us can follow suit.

Don't get me wrong, I still want the USA to exist but it should be in a capacity similar to the EU. States (or groups of them) should have their own sovereignty if the wish to.

Cascadia! Hell no you ain't taking BC!

Where the hell am I gonna snowboard?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

What's your opinion of this? Does acknowledging supremacy of the Constitution of the United States thump secession attempts?

. Be it ordained by the people of Texas in Convention assembled, That we acknowledge the supremacy of the Constitution of the United States, and the laws passed in pursuance thereof; and that an Ordinance adopted by a former Convention of the people of Texas on the 1st day of February, A.D. 1861, entitled "An Ordinance to Dissolve the Union between the State of Texas and the other States, united under the compact styled 'Constitution of the United States of America,'" be and the same is hereby declared null and void; and the right heretofore claimed by the State of Texas to secede from the Union, is hereby distinctly renounced. Passed 15th March, 1866.

www.tsl.state.tx.us...

UPDATE: For the couple of folks here who insist on some other “illegal government” claims or that somehow the March 15, 1866 order to rescind the previous secession claims aren’t settled law, feel free to call the Texas Legislative Library in Austin: 512-463-1252 and ask if there were ever any updates to this legal activity. They will clearly tell you that 1.) they get a lot of calls lately on this, and 2.) it has no updates since March 15, 1866.

www.noquarterusa.net...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Snowboarding provides tons of tourist dollars where I live. Not to mention, that's where half our microbrew sales come from! We wouldn't dare keep you snow boarders out!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Another secessionist thread, and not to our surprise, it's Texas, again. I don't know how long we are going to have heard about texas threatening to leave on this forum.

My thought is why threaten? If Texas thinks things are so bad why keep giving the US government more time to give us the same broken promises and results?

Really!

If Texas has the power------------ just do it or shut the hell up about secession!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I live in Texas and I would vote to secede from the us in a heart beat. Texas is big enough I would never need to leave our state (country). I'm pretty sure Oklahoma would be right behind us.

I think maybe it's time for a little old civil war again.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If this Passes, Texas will become part of the Narco state forming to the south...I'm just saying

On the other hand I would totally vote for it, the united states government is fail.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Letmypeoplego because: forgot rest of my opinion

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Snowboarding provides tons of tourist dollars where I live. Not to mention, that's where half our microbrew sales come from! We wouldn't dare keep you snow boarders out!

I know but I don't wanna need a passport to do it! And contraband on the way across the borders gets sticky too.

So, yeah..........

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin You do realize that if Texas did secede from the Union EMP bomb's would be dropped across the State and either cruise missle would be used to eliminate the state government or special op's forces would arrest the state government.

You need to study more an read less Tom Clancy. An EMP burst over Texas would impede everything to the horizon including all of the surrounding infrastructure in the remaining Midwest of the US and the humanitarian crisis inflicted on “innocent people” who didn’t take up arms would be one from which no administration could recover regardless of popularity.

If you think Americans have no stomach for war now watching the occasional brown person in towel or dress get wasted by an Apache once in a while wait till the evening news shows starving homeless (due to the EMP) American’s being rounded up or gunned down in the suburbs of Houston. The peace-nicks in NYC will be clamoring for a cease fire so fast it’ll make Barry’s head spin.

You also left out any other States who would join them and the countless other countries who would take an interest in a Texas unencumbered by the US and how they would benefit from a weaker and divided nation.

You also presuppose that the US Military would engage in open hostilities with other Americans over a political right to express their "voice".

I doubt it would get to that point before the world would step in to teach the US a lesson in turnabout is fair play...quickly voting a UN resolution to back the rights of the Texans... and to enforce a no fly zone so the US can't use her air force against her own people - like that place Libya right?

The US has sided with every breakaway republic in the past 20 years citing the people's right to determine their government even as recently as a week or so ago Barry was all but clamoring for the "people's voice to be heard" in Egypt.

C-130 Hercules United States Tactical Transport
F-16C/D Fighting Falcon United States Air Superiority Fighter
MQ-1 Predator United States Remote controlled UAV
The battle would be over before Texan's even seen it coming.

You left out the bazillion pick-up trucks with gun racks...and the people wielding them who look just like the young men coming to round them up.

If you have never seen or participated in a true guerilla conflict or civil war you have no idea how much chaos a few infiltrators who speak the language and look like the government forces can wreak. Way prior to any hostilities their own “teams” who are Americans in speech manner and custom would have their own targets. They will be way mor devestating than any islamic insurgents ever could be.

That’s why civil war is the worst kind – the battle lines are fuzzy. It will be avoided at all costs by the US Government who has the most to lose.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Have fun with your new third-world nation, guys. I'd say I'll mus you, but let's be honest, kicking Texas off the list will save the rest of the country several billion dollars.

Lets be honest. "As of 2010 it shares the top of the list of the most Fortune 500 companies with California at 57.[12] With a growing base of industry, the state leads in many industries, including agriculture, petrochemicals, energy, computers and electronics, aerospace, and biomedical sciences. It leads the nation in export revenue since 2002 and has the second-highest gross state product"

So thewalkingfox.... your comment is full of crap and uninformed. If Texas were to leave the US would lose billions of dollars. you must be from cali.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

. . .

What on earth are you talking about? Secession is nothing new from Texas or other states for that matter. It's been going on for years, even decades now. Your texan governor said the same thing two years ago, and really now.

Read what was said. This has never gone before the legislature since 1861

Personally I think it'd be good if Texas left. They'd make a good buffer between us and Mexico.... well... atleast until the hispanics outnumber the whites in that state by 2020.

A little late there.

According to the 2010 census Hispanics (of any race) are 37.6%, while Non-Hispanic Whites are 32.8%

But hey! Your all Texans! Finally Texans will have to deal with the same issues, and the same choices, in their own state, and then maybe, just maybe Houston or Dallas will break off to escape those very issues.

As if Texans don't face the same issues the country does

Texans look out for their own, liberal or conservative

edit on 3/8/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/8/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

. . .

Actually there is nothing in the constitution against what Lincoln did because secession is not clarified in it

. . .

10th Amendment, SG:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join