It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 13
43
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh
 



Because Mexico has stealth bombers?


Texas would be breaking from the USA, as the colonies broke from the British.

Mexico has nothing to do with the Stealth Bombers.




posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Texas succession is a pipe dream for the right. But hey we all need lofty goals. Texas and it's citizens are too dependent on the federal tit to do it. This is nothing more than fringe legislation. IF brought to vote, it will fail miserably; mark my words.

We love our state, but the US flag still flys higher, even though we are legally allowed to fly the state flag at the same level as the US....that speaks volumes.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret
Im a Texan and excited that I may have a chance to vote about this. It has always been my option that Texas could take care of its self. We have oil (amongst other natural resources) , a major shipping port and lots of people willing to protect the state.

Now Im not saying I dont like the US. I really do like it and I love what America is supposed to stand for - Freedom . But the people running this country now are simply ruining it.



Vote to secede!!!!!

I am from Massachusetts, all my life, and if Texas secedes, I am moving to Texas, thousands, maybe millions, would move to Texas, and create the government and society, that our founding fathers intended. Because Washington D.C. no longer represents the will of the people, they are all bought and paid for by big business.

The federal government now tries to steal our liberties, even though the federal government was created to protect our liberties.

To hell with the federal government.

Secede Texas, and all the patriots of America will pledge their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to defend Texas.


Texas LOVES big business, exactly what dooms the whole damn spectrum, you can't separate business from the ideas, therefore business runs the show.

Look at the S&L situation back when - that wasn't due to load
of control freak socialist hippies strangling production

You are free to be subjugated by things that you can't vote on

AMEN



Maybe, you haven't read, "A tale of two cities".

Funny things happen when people stand up for themselves.

Pray that you are on the winning side.


I'm against the corporations and multinationals

you better switch sides



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Janky Red
 


So, in other words, as with all the other trolls in this thread, you are talking out of your ass with no facts to back it up.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 




Make TEXAS independent, I am tired of this twating on and on and on, just do it.
My teenage girlfriend wasn't even this manipulative when she was in high drama mode.

I do not like Texas religiosity


and

I don not Texas big business pandering

and

I HATE the Texas "justice" system

If you guys aren't going to git er done why don't cha take some Midol or shut up, simple...
edit on 8-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)


No amount of distractment, from people such as yourself, is going to be enough to deter the true American spirit. So try as you may to derail, you only expose your alterior motives.

The corporate owned federal government is going down, and you with it, you made your bed, now lay in it!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh
 



Because Mexico has stealth bombers?


Texas would be breaking from the USA, as the colonies broke from the British.

Mexico has nothing to do with the Stealth Bombers.


But I thought you said the US should give Texas the middle finger salute.

In other words . . . screw you guys, you are on our own.

So what matter would the US's stealth bombers make?



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I read some of the post ,but not everything.
But,The Texas constitution states that political power is inherent in the people and they have the right to alter their government in such a manner as they might think proper.
Texas was once recognized as an independent nation.They CHOOSE to join the union.
They never had an agreement that they could never leave the union.
There is no law forbidding or allowing secession.
So they can secede if they want to peacefully,or with war depending on the current president.
The civil war was the will of Lincoln.
Our Declaration of Independence declares"the people have the right to alter thier government in such a manner as they might think proper.
So we have the right TO alter our government!
But I wonder how,besides voting for some loser who promises this and that,but once in office the same old same old lies and deceptions.

I must add that I'm from Charleston,SC,were the first shot was fired to start the civil war.Been to Fort Sumter many times.
It was as much to do with slavery as it had to do with the Federal Government telling the State what to do.
If the State wanted to legalize marijuana,the should.It's thier right.If the State wants to ban immigration,they should ,it's their right.If the State does not agree with healthcare legislation,they don't have to accept it.
And so on.
The State has an obligation to it's people and the popular concensus of their people to accept or reject the Federal restrictions that it tries to impose on them.
Am I wrong??



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982
 


No. You are absolutely, Constitutionally correct.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by kdog1982
 


No. You are absolutely, Constitutionally correct.

Thank you,cause I thought I was missing something!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Janky Red
 


So, in other words, as with all the other trolls in this thread, you are talking out of your ass with no facts to back it up.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 




Make TEXAS independent, I am tired of this twating on and on and on, just do it.
My teenage girlfriend wasn't even this manipulative when she was in high drama mode.

I do not like Texas religiosity


and

I don not Texas big business pandering

and

I HATE the Texas "justice" system

If you guys aren't going to git er done why don't cha take some Midol or shut up, simple...
edit on 8-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)


No amount of distractment, from people such as yourself, is going to be enough to deter the true American spirit. So try as you may to derail, you only expose your alterior motives.

The corporate owned federal government is going down, and you with it, you made your bed, now lay in it!



I think my motive is clear there buck...

Texas is free to leave

Tell me which ulterior motives you are referring to? I think I am consistent in this regard

I think the Texas culture is outwardly kind and inwardly petty, I think they exalt business TOO much and I think their judges put people in JAIL that should not be penalized with such a heavy hand. If Jimi got caught with pot in '67 he would still be alive... rotting in a Texas prison... Still, for a J!

I think there should be a balance between governance and private power -

TEXAS government protects the big guys, bones the working folk, tries to impart religious tenets through government... You go into a North Texas Bar wearing jeans and a Jimi shirt buddy, you'll come out with a bent nose, cause; only a queer, hippie commie dresser like that.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

It was as much to do with slavery as it had to do with the Federal Government telling the State what to do.


Ya, they wanted to own PEOPLE and make them work for free

GEORGIA



The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery.


sunsite.utk.edu...

MISSISSIPPI



Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.



sunsite.utk.edu...
edit on 8-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red


. . .




TEXAS government protects the big guys, bones the working folk,


Meanwhile, Texas still only has an 8.3% unemployment rate.

California, who is has 50% more population has a 12.5%. New York, who has 25% less population has an 8.2%

The difference?

Texas still is still in the black, and has a rainy day fund to fall back on just in case.


tries to impart religious tenets through government...


Really now?

--So if you are religious and live in Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Florida, Arizona, Connecticut, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Alabama, Idaho, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri or Virginia, count yourself fortunate. The First Amendment may not give you much protection, but your state law restoring religious freedom will. -- Link


You go into a North Texas Bar wearing jeans and a Jimi shirt buddy, you'll come out with a bent nose, cause; only a queer, hippie commie dresser like that.


lol Because that only happens in Texas. Am I right?

Hint: try Google. I can give you ten states where this has happened just in the first two pages of a Google search.
edit on 3/8/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh
 



Because Mexico has stealth bombers?


Texas would be breaking from the USA, as the colonies broke from the British.

Mexico has nothing to do with the Stealth Bombers.


But I thought you said the US should give Texas the middle finger salute.

In other words . . . screw you guys, you are on our own.

So what matter would the US's stealth bombers make?



The big middle finger would come after the stealth bombers took out all military bases, oil refineries, airports, rail systems and highway systems that were paid for by OUR tax dollars or that would need to be destroyed to ensure National Security.

After they are done with that, and Mexico invades...that's when Texas gets the big middle one.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


If the government wanted to abolish slavery, they would have called a Constitutional Convention.

Instead, they passed federal mandates and tariffs that were un-Constitutional.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

. . .




The big middle finger would come after the stealth bombers took out all military bases, oil refineries, airports, rail systems and highway systems that were paid for by OUR tax dollars or that would need to be destroyed to ensure National Security.


Yes, because obviously Texas has expansionist tendencies. National Security.



After they are done with that, and Mexico invades...that's when Texas gets the big middle one.


George Bush would be proud of you
edit on 3/8/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wake up folks, WAKE UP! How the hell can Texas secede unless the entire population of the state turns suicidal? Quit pipe dreaming...without federal aid Texas would sink within the year...simple mathemetics!! Can anyone explain to me how long the state could survive on its own...and how!! We're no longer in the 19th century. The US is already down the tubes, so what on earth do you think Texas ( which I love profoundly!) can do to survive alone against a failing national economy, a pathetic international image ( thanks to a bunch of political morons) and a monetary system that requires a massive cardiac massage to even reach tomorrow??
Helloooooooo!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by titelipt
Wake up folks, WAKE UP! How the hell can Texas secede unless the entire population of the state turns suicidal? Quit pipe dreaming...without federal aid Texas would sink within the year...simple mathemetics!! Can anyone explain to me how long the state could survive on its own...and how!! We're no longer in the 19th century. The US is already down the tubes, so what on earth do you think Texas ( which I love profoundly!) can do to survive alone against a failing national economy, a pathetic international image ( thanks to a bunch of political moro.

===============================================================================

You know what, you need to open your damn eyes.

Texas could return to sound money. based on precious metals, and idea that the feds don't want you to know.

Texas has a hard working and industrious population, it could fend for itself.

Without the inflation tax of fiat money, and without federal tax, Texas would prosper beyond belief.

Please tell me, what you have been smoking.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh
 


All the teabagging states need to leave.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Janky Red
 


If the government wanted to abolish slavery, they would have called a Constitutional Convention.

Instead, they passed federal mandates and tariffs that were un-Constitutional.


Did you read the same declarations I read???

Slavery was a cultural institution, you are trying to tell me aristocratic plantation owners would have freed their
perceived property and cash cow due to a constitutional convention? Frankly, I think this attitude towards laborers has not changed much over the years, side with the plantation owner / side with the millionaire business man - its a cultural attitude. Don't interfere with Walmart, don't interfere with the colonel of the county - by the grace of god they give you your existence in your wages and don't you forget it!

I spent time in the WEST VIRGINIA and TEXAS - lovin the BOSS man is mandatory, "everyone has a place,
better know it... BOY..."



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse
 

FREEDOM/EMPATHY??? Are you the one to ask what I'm smoking? If you believe Texas can survive against the world on it's own despite all its incredible qualities...then you're a part of the problem. I have family and friends in Texas, and I'm going to have to warn them about you! I understand perfectly you views and feelings , but please, remember we're on 2011..if you think Texas can rebuild the world you're a million miles from reality!



new topics

top topics



 
43
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join