It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'Ready' to Strike Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ok, call me stupid. Are we discussing a non-nulear preemptive attack on the Iranian reactors OR are we talking about Israel using her nukes to attack these facilities?
History shows that they will coventionally strike. I'm not sure if they will strike using a nuclear option. So, till I have this issue clear, I can't make any judgements.
joey

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Also by amphibious landing Iran can hit Isreal easily. Plus Syria and Jordan seem to hate Isreal so don't be suprised to see the world colapse around Isreal. Iran does have a respectible navy that can pass through the Suez Canal. Most likely Egypt will support Iran or stay neutral. Since when did Isreal have the capabilities to nuke Iran.

The principal weapon of Naval Warfare the use of aircraft. The power in the air over the middle east is Israel. The Suez would be a death trap for the Iranian navy. Furthermore, Israel had defeated Arab coalitions 4 or 5 times in the past 60 years, and the last time (lebanon) Egypt and Jordan decided to sit out. The time before that, Israel shattered the Syrian army and encircled the Egyptian forces, and only the threat of Soviet intervention kept them from exploiting open roads to Damascus and Cairo.
This time Israel has the added advantages of the Merkava IV and an American force bordering the two principal threats (Iran and Syria).

Israel -WILL- go to war with the Syria or Iran at the drop of a hat, and more likely than not, they will win. Fortunately for the arabs, Israel is suffering from a type of Vietnam syndrome. Their last war was percieved as unjust and unnecessary, and resulted in a high level of civilian casualties. Israeli public opinion duing the conflict in Lebanon was the salvation of all of Syria, and has probably served to make Israel a little more timid in recent years. This will end abruptly if a threat to their nation is percieved (which it certainly is when they face the prospect of a right-wing Muslim theocracy gaining nuclear weapons.)

The worst case scenario for this situation is something like this- Lebanon becomes a Christian puppet nation and becomes a major scene of fighting and controversial allegations of genocide come up in the UN. Syria is badly beaten and suffers a revolution. Iraq demands the US leave and the US has little choice but to do so. Perhaps a Iraq and Syria are united by pan-arabist revolutions. Jordan is less likely to participate, but if they do they go the same route as Iraq and Syria. If they do not follow along they will have a very interesting relationship with the US and UN because they will require support to resist annexation by the Iraq-Syria alliance, yet it will not be politically viable for America to support Jordan too actively, which leaves Jordan to become a puppet of Saudi Arabia most likely. Egypt is just as unlikely to participate, but if they do, the worst case scenario would be Israeli control of the Suez, resulting in potential conflict with the UN at a later date. Iran could give the US a bloody nose intiallly (perhaps) but shortly thereafter would get to see "shock and awe". This would look a lot like Iraq, and it would ultimately fail. I would expect heavy Russian support and influence to a very weak Iran at the end of American occupation. There is also a danger that NATO could be seriously undermined, especially Turkey's membership, if Turkey refused to fight Iran on America's behalf, on the grounds that the war was initiated by Israel. This could actually have the effect of marginalizing or entirely expelling the US from NATO.

So- the worst case scenario is US leaves NATO, Israel gets bigger and stronger, Russia gets stronger, Saudi Arabia gets stronger, and most other Arab nations lose power. You end up looking at a potential European showdown in the middle east in the future, but nothing will come of it because historically, nations with nukes dont fight eachother. That makes it an economic question, and increases the necessity that America (and Israel) get off of fossil fuels before it ruins there economies.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Israel had defeated Arab coalitions 4 or 5 times in the past 60 years

here is your mistake, Iran is not an Arabic country.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Irans in the same region, Iran hates Isreal, close enough. Iran is fairly powerful. Not quite a major world power but enough to defeat Isreal. And when it comes to Isreal like I said everybodies going to want a piece.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Israel will bomb Iran if it has to they did it to Iraq when they had their nuclear plant, and they will do it again as long as the country is not a country that has not ties with US policies like Pakistan it will do it.

Exactly my opinion as well but if Pakistan where ever to fall under miltant Islamic Rule than the israeli's would have no problem taking out a muslim A-bomb in that scenario either. It is really simple in order for Israel to keep their regional Nuclear advantage they are prepared to pre-emptively attack and destroy any islamic nation that pursues Nuclear weapons. its that simple. and with 150,000 US (ally) troops in the region the Israeli's have a big strategic advantage over possible foes like Iran, Syria and the house of Saud.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StormShadowTRU
Exactly my opinion as well but if Pakistan where ever to fall under miltant Islamic Rule than the israeli's would have no problem taking out a muslim A-bomb in that scenario either

Hmm Pakistan is what like 2000 miles away. That would be quite a stretch for even the IAF. Unless the US lends them tanker support, I might be a 1 way mission but I don't see the, doing that. IRBM may be an answer, but would they be willing to go nuclear?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It was some time ago, need a lot of digging around down there in the memory hole BUT...

Didn't Israel already take out a french-build powerstation in the area? 80'something.

Besides, Israel would strike out and nuke all of us unbelieveing gentiles!!

[edit on 28/7/2004 by Corinthas]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join