It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'Ready' to Strike Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If Russia supplies Islamic state with rods for enriching uranium!

Israel has conducted military exercises for a pre-emptive strike against several of Iran's nuclear power facilities and is ready to attack if Russia supplies Iran with rods for enriching uranium, Israeli officials told reporters.

I mentioned this last month and it looks as if it might happen soon!

john

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So this is how the U.S. planned to get to Iran? Of course Israel is always waiting for the opportunity to take on her enemies with no regret. I would not be surprised if some American military convoys or temporary bases would be established in the path of a retalitory attack by Iran and then jump in to finish it off. However for some reason I believe Israel is just talking smack right now because the U.S. leaders told them to and that they will not follow through with this threat.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Israel. Don't think Israel isn't very aware of what/who is between themselves and Iran. I do believe the US military would Look a world map, Iranian ground troops would have to go through US troops to get to look the other way at Israeli jets going out to strike Iran - we want this done, but don't want to do it directly - so our proxy Israel will do it.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Exactly. I described Isreal once, on thie board, as "a rabid, caged dog." Remember, the people surrounding Israel are the same people who have enslaved, killed, and been prejudiced against Jews for the past 6,000 years or so. They would love to turn every inch of the desert to glass. Can't say I blame them.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Iran would be stupid if it declare war on the US when it was Israel who destroyed its plants also wouldn�t be so sure that Israel wont follow through with its plans they destroyed saddams plants in the 80's

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All right I have nothing against the Jewish religion but I think that the Isrealis are on wacky weed or something. Listen Isreal is crazy so I would take them seriously. But will Russia supply Isreal. Also by amphibious landing Iran can hit Isreal easily. Plus Syria and Jordan seem to hate Isreal so don't be suprised to see the world colapse around Isreal. Iran does have a respectible navy that can pass through the Suez Canal. Most likely Egypt will support Iran or stay neutral. Since when did Isreal have the capabilities to nuke Iran. Not to long ago I posted a thread about the possiblity of a united middle eastern union. This could be the spark needed to ignite the raging fire.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think that israel know that if they strike Iran they would get damaged . ok, ok, Israel is backed by U.S and it has 200 nukes etc. but that still doesnt stop Iran from launching every type of Scud they have.

Israel's biggest weakness is its size and i think Iran will take advantage of that if attacked.

all of that is if Israel is even serious about doing this because it has warned Iran countless times now.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thats ok by me as long as they don't drag the USA into the fray

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If Israel goes and bomb Iran it will be under the presumption that US will back Israel in case thing will turn ugly, let's not forget that the only friend that Israel have is US and Britain.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a quote from marg6043
"let's not forget that the only friend that Israel have is US and Britain"

marg6043, there are millions of jewish people in the EU who would support to the end Isreal and its actions to defend its homeland. I think it would be a mistake to underestimate the influence Isreal has around the world in regards to financial and political ramifications if this country was besieged.

Just because Isreal is small in territory does not mean its reach is not global.

john

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have a friend whos Israeli, they, as someone said above, are surrounded by nations with the firm intention of seeing Israel fall.

These nations tried several times to destroy Israel and each time had their asses handed to them on a plate.

The only way Israel will be defeated is to be nuked, Israel knows this and will frown on any mid-east nation with nukes. israel is also a nuclear armed nation despite the fact they have never admitted to it and its an open secret that any nation to nuke Israel will be vapourised in retaliation.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well I said US will protect Israel that will take also the Jewish american comunity.

And yes you are right the financial rewards will be great.Right?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I really dont think Israel is stupid enough to attack Iran. Iran is no threat to them. As a matter of fact Iran lately has calmed down a lot compared to the way the country used to be. I say leave Iran alone.

Everyone is ragging on them but they dont deserve it. The country is changing for the better due to its' young population that doesn't want to live with the ways of the old Iran.

Hell they're the only country over there that really protested the 9/11 attack on the US in mass numbers. Remember all those college kids over there in the streets protesting against terrorism after 9/11?

Israel is just too freaked out over something I admit they should watch very close. That doesn't mean bomb the crap out of them. I'm sure they will though. They think they better get them first! And then the US will be involved because they are in the middle plus my government kisses their rear, way too much IMO.

They should be worried more about some of their other neighbors.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Israel will bomb Iran if it has to they did it to Iraq when they had their nuclear plant, and they will do it again as long as the country is not a country that has not ties with US policies like Pakistan it will do it.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror
I think that israel know that if they strike Iran they would get damaged . ok, ok, Israel is backed by U.S and it has 200 nukes etc. but that still doesnt stop Iran from launching every type of Scud they have.

SCUDS are one of the most inaccurate ballistic missiles in use. And their ranges are fairly short. I believe none have the capability to reach Israel from any point in Iran.

Iranian Missile Ranges

If Iran is to attack Israel in retaliation, expect to see them use Hzbollah as its tool.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If Iran wants to retaliate against Israel it won't be by the Iranian military but by terrorist attack Iran will fund terrorist attacks against Israel because Iran's scuds will end up falling into Iraq which will not make things better for Iran also you can forget about Iran trying an amphibious invasion. The you has a carrier group in the region to support the troops in Iraq so Iran has to get through that and I don't think Iran has the capabilities to mass enough troops and enough equipment by an amphibious assault to damage Israel cuz we all know Israel has a formidable air force and army.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Iran doesn't have to march through Iraq. Besides the new Iraqi goverment would probably give a right of passage. But then the guys in Washington are going to treat them like children and deny Iran a right of passage. But Iran has a navy. And their navy isn't that bad. I can imagine that Iran will simply attack from another angle. Syria hates Isreal and so does every other nation in the middle east. In fact Sadamm Hussein tried starting a war with Isreal by launching SCUDs at it.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

SCUDS are one of the most inaccurate ballistic missiles in use. And their ranges are fairly short. I believe none have the capability to reach Israel from any point in Iran.

Iranian Missile Ranges

If Iran is to attack Israel in retaliation, expect to see them use Hzbollah as its tool.

hmmm I guess you guys don�t know much about Iran's capabilities. Iran got few hundred Shahab 3 with over 1300Km and Shahab 4 with over 2000Km range. Plus Iranians have few hundred Fatah 110 and Zalzal missiles in Lebanon.
None of the countries around Iran will allow Israelis war planes use their air bases except Iraq since it yet occupied by US.
I don�t the question is, can Israel attack Iran? because any country can attack another country. I think the question should be, will they successed? And the answer is NO. Iran got many underground nuclear facilities and destroying the three facilities above the ground not only won�t do much damage but also will make Iranians to speed up their project.
I believe both Israel and US know about this that�s why it�s all talk and no action for few years now.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Israel I think can attack Iran, but the question is will they?

The answer is no.

If Iran attacks first(which they won't), the U.S., and the U.N. will supprt the cause for strikes. But if Israel decides to provoke an attack first, no country will support Israel, if they know what is good for them. If the U.S. got involved, the Middle East would go to hell, and take the U.S. with them.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
israel was ordered by the un to remove the fence but they have yet to comply-can they afford a pre emp now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join