It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Idea For ATS - Poll Option

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think it would be a good idea for ATS to add in a Poll Section or a Poll Option to insert in the threads.

It may not seem a good idea to all of you, especially people who seem to believe there are more "dis-info" agents in ATS than "regular" people. As the "Dis-info" could all vote on something and try to make the credibility of certain topics almost zero. But i believe it would help some topics and threads.

Another few of examples for how this could be used. ( The Yes/No given as a percentage or number of votes )

Eg1 Do you believe 9/11 was a inside job ? Yes/No
Eg2 Do you believe in Aliens ? Yes/No
Eg3 Do you believe the World will end in 2012 ? Yes/No

It would stop people giving very short responses/2nd Line comments in certain threads.
You would not always need to reply to a thread just to express a opinion or belief, helpful if you did want to remain "slightly" more anonymous.

It could cut down the number of replies where people just pretty much say, " no your wrong " or " its fake" , when trying to read through good replies or topics and still get to see a overall opinion via a Poll Box.

Eg4 Anybody think this is a good idea ?

Please vote yes in my poll box ? Yes / No
( Joking )

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I like the Idea of a poll option. It would give the average user a really good Idea on what other members believe or do not believe. It may influence some people in a positive or negative way depending on how you look at it. I for one would like to see the following polls.
Chemtrails .............Real .........or........... imaginary
Aliens.................Duh of course............or ..............no they don't exist
Who do you support for our next president? ..........(add up to 10 options for voting)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
S&F! This is a Great idea!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I like that idea. Thats good. And is there really that many dis-info agents on ATS?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
yes i will agree...
Hope fully a few more people 2nd this and we will get ourself a poll option

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
S&F! This is a Great idea!

amazing idea for sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Members only? Or Everyone?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by imastew

Thank you everyone for your replies.

It would be members only otherwise it would/could be very bias. ( IMO )
You would get bored people or people messing around just voting and not being serious about it or not having a opinion about the topic and just voting anyway.

Not saying that it wouldnt happen with members, but it would occur a lot less. ( Again IMO )

Maybe the vote should be a Yes/No/No opinion - With a poll we could see what topics or subjects we feel strongly about as a group, but still read individual peoples comments

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Anybody else agree with this idea or should i let it slide down into the depths of ATS

Seriously though ive seen it work on other forums before and i think it would make a great addition to a already fantastic site

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
S&F

loving the Poll idea

ETA most games forums I've been on have had a poll option and they can be interesting and fun

edit on 11/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by imastew
Members only? Or Everyone?

Members only IMO

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
S&F

loving the Poll idea

ETA most games forums I've been on have had a poll option and they can be interesting and fun

edit on 11/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

I agree they use them regularly on the bungie.net website and i do believe they make excellent additions to any forum : )

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

s&f for sure its a great idea, i myself was going to add this as a thread but seems you beat me to it.
edit on 14-3-2011 by anondude because: 2nd time im editing because i mis spelled again!! pmsl

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by anondude

I thought i would bump this up again because it is a serious idea - a good idea, and it would not be hard to merge into the site, another example would be for all of the UFO videos and Paranormal Videos

You Could Have A General Consensus of the opinions ,
e.g.

Do you believe this video is a hoax - yes , no , no opinion

etc etc

Like i said in the op it would stop one liners saying - this is fake, no its real, no its fake , no its real etc filling up page after page of opinion but no real information, in other words it would help filter out reading time when looking for genuine information or just armchair opinion.( i can post a lot of both
)

All imo obviously

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I do think polls would be good. The more general open polls that most internet sites use do give some insight on the general consensus, however they are easily rigged or shilled and hypothetically a few people can make great changes to the numbers by using different using names, ect.

If ATS does add polls one day, I would like to see a more scientific closed poll open only to those who have gone through some sort of verification process.

top topics

join