It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: GMO conspiracy reaches highest levels of US Government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wikileaks: GMO conspiracy reaches highest levels of US Government

crisisboom.com

But in this case, Wikileaks cables leaked information regarding global food policy as it relates to U.S. officials — in the highest levels of government — that involves a conspiracy with Monsanto to force the global sale and use of genetically-modified foods.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Ambassador Stapleton goes on to write: “Country team Paris recommends that we calibrate a target retaliation list that causes some pain across the EU since this is a collective responsibility, but that also focuses in part on the worst culprits. The list should be measured rather than vicious and must be sustainable over the long term, since we should not expect an early victory,” he wrote.

Honestly, I don't know what I can add to this. I never really thought about corps buying ambassadors...Apparently I'm naive.

crisisboom.com

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow - governments helping their industry push their own particular brand - who'd a ever thunk that possible??

sorry....didn't the US also just #-can the EADS tanker bid for the USAF, and keep agricultural subsidies up, and put tarrifs on imports that you think are undercutting your own industry, etc., etc??

Not that I'm suggesting many other Govt's are any different....but come on - there's public lobby groups complaining about teeh "export" of jobs to China, etc., etc....and this is a surprise??!!

Pathetic!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
people really need to make up their minds of whether or not wikileaks is reliable. i'm guessing a response will be "they're releasing a little bit of truth to make themselves credible then keep spreading lies!"

they were talking about how the FDA declared GMO ingredients "safe enough to not be listed on ingredients." if that doesn't warrant suspicion, well...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

This was done about a month ago right here.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Doesn't help haveing ex-Monsanto Executives running the FDA.

Blatent Corruption and Conflict of Interest.

Like the Farmers in haiti did after the earthquake when GM seed was 'donated' by the US/Monsanto,
ALL Monsanto Seeds should be burned.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames

Ambassador Stapleton goes on to write: “Country team Paris recommends that we calibrate a target retaliation list that causes some pain across the EU since this is a collective responsibility, but that also focuses in part on the worst culprits. The list should be measured rather than vicious and must be sustainable over the long term, since we should not expect an early victory,” he wrote.

Honestly, I don't know what I can add to this. I never really thought about corps buying ambassadors...Apparently I'm naive.

crisisboom.com

To put the big picture context to a smaller picture, this is how economy is run:
Elites control the corporations
Corporations guide policy making and business decisions in government
Government BS's to the consumers these decisions will make the country better off
Consumers become living, experimental, and tax-paying citizens for the rest of their economic lives

.....'nuff said

*S&F*
edit on 7-3-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Wow - governments helping their industry push their own particular brand - who'd a ever thunk that possible??

sorry....didn't the US also just #-can the EADS tanker bid for the USAF, and keep agricultural subsidies up, and put tarrifs on imports that you think are undercutting your own industry, etc., etc??

Not that I'm suggesting many other Govt's are any different....but come on - there's public lobby groups complaining about teeh "export" of jobs to China, etc., etc....and this is a surprise??!!

Pathetic!

I think "...helping their industry push their own brand" is hardly what "they" (as in, "the government") are doing. Monsanto would be quick to tell you they are not "the governments" anything. On that count, I disagree with you. These Ambassadors are not representing the American people, they are pushing forward, a transnational corporation's product. As with most mega-corporations , it can be assured that Monsanto stock, or interests, are those of the Federal Reserve Bank - yet another transnational corporation - if you go by ownership.

Economic and trade policy are a subject of legislation (in theory), but in practice, where political appointee policy-makers are subject to the naked influence of their industrial roots and ambitions, it is not happening as it is supposed to.

And no, being surprised about this is not sign of being naive. It means that you too understand that this is not how it supposed to be. The political party celebrities are hooked into the success of the middlemen and the back-room government... and like the Fed, theirs is a monopoly as well. The corporate moguls and the politicians have become interchangeable...
edit on 7-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegway
people really need to make up their minds of whether or not wikileaks is reliable. i'm guessing a response will be "they're releasing a little bit of truth to make themselves credible then keep spreading lies!"

they were talking about how the FDA declared GMO ingredients "safe enough to not be listed on ingredients." if that doesn't warrant suspicion, well...

Wikileaks is reliable when it shows information that makes the US Government look evil.

Its ignored when their information suggests otherwise.

A perfect example is wikileaks was reliable when they released all the leaked files on Iraq.
When those files also confirmed the existance of a WMD program though.. Whoooaaa, the response was overwhelming that it was info planted by the Feds and subsequently ignored. Or the info is downplayed as it not being much at all, a few hundred thousand pounds of chemicals.

Take your choice.. Its almost like religion and whats refered to as Cafeteria Catholics. They pick and choose the items they will follow, and ignore the rest.

Like the girls who get pregnant and say they wont have an abortion because its against their religion. Funny enough so is premarital sex..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Suspicion of whom? Wiki or the FDA? If of the FDA, bingo. GMO is making our animals and us sick. It is evil.

Here again, I will point out that without the need for money, such evil would gain no traction. Let's get rid of money! Please read The End of Entropy and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform linked in my sig. I offer ideas on how we can take back our planet from these evil overlords!
edit on 3/8/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The truth is that, since WWII especially, the government has been an agent of private corporate interests, using money, influence and even war to profit private corporations who have a suspicious amount of personal ties to members of the sitting administrations.

This, to me, is one of the major obstacles of true democracy, both here and abroad. Not to mention the cause of much conflict, and blow back. Not to worry though, the stock option just went up another hundred points, and their bonuses will be up again this fiscal year.

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Wikileaks is reliable when it shows information that makes the US Government look evil.

Its ignored when their information suggests otherwise.

Actually, people need to better understand the function of Wikileaks.

They make documents available on servers, which have been given to them, and thus, make them available to the pubic, but more importantly journalists... nothing more, nothing less... they do not produce this material.

If the documentation is found to contain untruths or lies, the person(s) who wrote the material is(are) responsible for that, and it is the journalists job to confirm or deny this. In fact, if any sort of "real" investigative journalism still existed, there would hardly be a need for Wikileaks.

As with any other source, yes, one should exercise doubt. If I was the head of an international intelligence agency, you can bet that I'd have a whole team set-up to use Wikileaks to my advantage, just like the CIA did with Operation Mockingbird on domestic mainstream media.

the Billmeister

edit on 8-3-2011 by Billmeister because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Most people have never heard of the infamous "100 Orders," but they help explain why the majority of Iraqis remain opposed to foreign occupation. The 100 Orders allow multinational corporations to basically privatize an entire nation, and this degree of foreign and private control has not been witnessed since the days of the British East India Company and its extraterritoriality treaties.

A few examples of the 100 Orders are illuminating:
Order 39 allows for the tax-free remittance of all corporate profits.
Order 17 grants foreign contractors, including private security firms, immunity from Iraq's laws.
Orders 57 and 77 ensure the implementation of the orders by placing U.S.-appointed auditors and inspector general in every government ministry, with five-year terms and with sweeping authority over contracts, programs, employees and regulations. (1)

Back to one of the most blatant orders of all: Order 81. Under this mandate, Iraq's commercial farmers must now buy "registered seeds." These are normally imported by Monsanto, Cargill and the World Wide Wheat Company. Unfortunately, these registered seeds are "terminator" seeds, meaning "sterile." Imagine if all human men were infertile, and in order to reproduce women needed to buy sperm cells at a sperm bank. In agricultural terms, terminator seeds represent the same kind of sterility.

www.uruknet.info...

COALITION PROVISIONAL AUTHORITY ORDER NUMBER 81
PATENT, INDUSTRIAL DESIGN, UNDISCLOSED INFORMATION,
INTEGRATED CIRCUITS AND PLANT VARIETY LAW

trade.gov...

The Real Victor in Iraq: Monsanto
www.thepanelist.net...

edit on 083131p://2011-03-08T08:29:44-06:00201103 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How Food Could Determine Libya's Future

1.5 Introduction to Biotechnology applications in Libya Biotechnology in its simple context is the use of a number of scientific and technical protocols and procedures to generate benefit from the living organism or some of its tissues or products. These technologies have been utilized to maximize benefits to improve life for human beings and ensure food security and control of infection diseases. The following are some examples of biotechnology applications:
- Agricultural production: Production of plants resistant to diseases and unfavorable environmental conditions with high yield and better product quality.
- Animal Production: Increase milk and meat productivity and enhanced aquiculture.
- Industrial production: production of raw materials, chemicals, foodstuffs, as well as the primary drugs.
- Health: production of cheaper therapeutics and the use of genetic therapy technique.
- Environment: enriching soil fertility and removal of pollutants using microorganisms (Bio remediation).
- Energy: biofuels.

www.unep.org...

www.monsanto.com...

T his booklet provides current information on Genetic Engineering in food and agriculture in Africa. It serves as a historical record, tracking significant developments and identifying key trends and role players involved in the debate. Due to the rapidly evolving nature of events, the ACB will periodically update this work.

www.biosafety-info.net...

www.eoearth.org...
edit on 083131p://2011-03-08T08:58:31-06:00201103 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No, you are not naive. With so much going on the world how can one person keep up with it all? The only reason I know about the evils of Monsanto is because my family was and still is a farming family, that always has been organic and heirloom seed planters even before it was 'green' and 'hip' to be so. My friends call me an 'agro-warrior'..and they do so in jest however I feel that is more a compliment than a joke.

I am including a link to a documentary "The World According to Monsanto" that details just some of the nasty business they are in. In this documentary it will give you a good idea on the origins of the company, how they came to be so powerful and an inkling as to what they have planned.

"The World According to Monsanto"

I would urge all gardeners who are concerned with this topic to do research on which seeds they are planting, as a Monsanto link is not always obvious. Let's take Burpee for an example. Burpee has a line of organic seeds, as well as the normal run of the mill seeds. Burpee has ties, very strong ones, to Monsanto who supplies Burpee their seeds through a company that Monsanto owns called Seminis. So while you may think you are doing the right thing by purchasing organic seeds for your garden, you are still running the risk of having those seeds being tampered with in some way or another by Monsanto or at the very least, supporting Monsanto through your purchase. If you are concerned about the origin of your seeds, look online for companies that deal in heirloom seeds and have signed the safe seed pledge. Not only will your garden produce wonderful yummies you will then, because you have chosen heirloom variety seeds, be able to 'over winter' your seeds if saved properly for the next growing season and so on and so on.

Just to give a personal example of this.... a neighbor brought my father a bag of Butter Beans that were dried and stored in a root cellar. These beans, were originally grown and given to him by my grandmother, she's been dead for over 25 years now. With no real hope of getting any yeild out of them, my Dad tried an experiement to see if he could get anything at all out of them....lo and behold he did. Not enough to make a meal but enough to dry in order to plant the next year...which he did and got a bumper crop. That was 3 years ago and well... he and I both are now growing Butter Beans in our garden from stock that was 25 years old. Amazing, eh?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

If you are concerned about the origin of your seeds, look online for companies that deal in heirloom seeds and have signed the safe seed pledge. Not only will your garden produce wonderful yummies you will then, because you have chosen heirloom variety seeds, be able to 'over winter' your seeds if saved properly for the next growing season and so on and so on.

Just to give a personal example of this.... a neighbor brought my father a bag of Butter Beans that were dried and stored in a root cellar. These beans, were originally grown and given to him by my grandmother, she's been dead for over 25 years now. With no real hope of getting any yeild out of them, my Dad tried an experiement to see if he could get anything at all out of them....lo and behold he did. Not enough to make a meal but enough to dry in order to plant the next year...which he did and got a bumper crop. That was 3 years ago and well... he and I both are now growing Butter Beans in our garden from stock that was 25 years old. Amazing, eh?

Amazing. Thank you for sharing that bit of knowledge!

Seeds should produce, it is what they were designed to do!

And they do a fine job of it all on their own - They needed no help from Monsanto!

Monsanto, contolled by greed and worse -

Monsantos goal - No Food Shall Be Grown That We Dont Own-
Monsanto!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

No, you are not naive. With so much going on the world how can one person keep up with it all? The only reason I know about the evils of Monsanto is because my family was and still is a farming family, that always has been organic and heirloom seed planters even before it was 'green' and 'hip' to be so. My friends call me an 'agro-warrior'..and they do so in jest however I feel that is more a compliment than a joke.

I am including a link to a documentary "The World According to Monsanto" that details just some of the nasty business they are in. In this documentary it will give you a good idea on the origins of the company, how they came to be so powerful and an inkling as to what they have planned.

"The World According to Monsanto"

I would urge all gardeners who are concerned with this topic to do research on which seeds they are planting, as a Monsanto link is not always obvious. Let's take Burpee for an example. Burpee has a line of organic seeds, as well as the normal run of the mill seeds. Burpee has ties, very strong ones, to Monsanto who supplies Burpee their seeds through a company that Monsanto owns called Seminis. So while you may think you are doing the right thing by purchasing organic seeds for your garden, you are still running the risk of having those seeds being tampered with in some way or another by Monsanto or at the very least, supporting Monsanto through your purchase. If you are concerned about the origin of your seeds, look online for companies that deal in heirloom seeds and have signed the safe seed pledge. Not only will your garden produce wonderful yummies you will then, because you have chosen heirloom variety seeds, be able to 'over winter' your seeds if saved properly for the next growing season and so on and so on.

I've not seen this one, but will watch it.
Everyone should also know about this movie, which has quite a great deal about Monsanto and their patenting of soybeans, etc.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I hope monsanto will one day collapse. I am not used to say negative wish to someone else, but these high corporatives knowing how bad their products are and still pushing them for pure profit makes me sick ...

Anyways, spit in the air and it'll one day come back to your eye, a big corporation ain't no exception the this universal law.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There is some more reading at the links below on the ultimately most important aspect of the Wiki cables, toxicity in GM crops,

www.biolsci.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

It does appear that allowing these crops to be utlized is premature, and that much more work needs to be done. That should also be apparent to the FDA and European counterparts, especially Spain and Monsanto. You will note from the first link that there are those who are uncomfortable with the private research done on, not just GM crops, but many things that are brought to market after private testing. With the alternative testing being done after the fact.
edit on 8-3-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
what happens when all seeds are monsanto
and that years batch of seeds fails
in nature genetic diversity means we are reasonably safe from mass crop loss
what happens in a year that monsantos seeds do not grow
if one company has the rights and control of crops
ONE MISTAKE INTENTIONAL OR OTHERWISE
and your whole poulation starves

DONT put ALL your EGGS in ONE basket

i remember a quote
i care not who has political power as long as i coin the money i have control

well

i care not who has all the money when there is no food
THIS is more important than WMDs
terrorists
economy
politics

HOW can you be free people if a corperation owns your food?
you cant eat money

something to think about

xp

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegwayA perfect example is wikileaks was reliable when they released all the leaked files on Iraq.
When those files also confirmed the existance of a WMD program though.. Whoooaaa, the response was overwhelming that it was info planted by the Feds and subsequently ignored. Or the info is downplayed as it not being much at all, a few hundred thousand pounds of chemicals.

Could you please post a link to this? I've been trying to keep up-to-date on the Wikileaks, but this one seems important and somehow I missed it! I'm not doubting you, I just would like to read it myself! Thanks.

edit on 3/8/2011 by xBRINGxONx2012x because: Messed up the quote code

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join