It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has there never been a Jewish President?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
" give me control of a nation's money and i care not who makes the laws" mayer amschel rothschild

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Um guys I think Lyin Lyndon B. Johnson was Jewish. Yep both him and lady bird JEWISH.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm going to second the first reply; 'Cause very few have run and none have been elected. Same reason there's never been an indian or a latino or Asian or Mormon or female president.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Johnson was not Jewish..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Weird how we got a Muslim President before a Jewish one.

Ya a RETARD followed by a Muslim, who would have thunk it?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

Don't Ask ! , Don't Ask .........

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There's nothing that forbids anyone of any religion becoming president. And some of the people here might want to refresh themselves on the definition of "Jew" and "Israel" and "Israeli". Israel has plenty of friends in the US government and many dual citizens hold high positions, what bearing this has on their religion, or that of the president, is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why be one if you can buy, rent, or lease to own all you want?
I'd think that the very state of being jewish is defined as a tribal association regardless of any religious overlay or practice, and as such constitutes and self identifies a nation that already exists elsewhere and competes for resources for it's own survival and goals to provide FOR THEIR OWN KIND by any means necessary, that the fact that one with such prior or potential competing allegiances being put in the spotlight as having to explain all of ones thoughts on the matter to everyones satisfaction and having to explain. Point out for me if you begin to disagree, ANY act of avoidable voluntary co-existance or kindness to gentiles in the old testament, and compare to any act of invasion or destruction. (You can do the sa e thing with the koran and you get the same results)
Perhaps the better question is why since Israel is being supported totally by an erstwhile christian nation since its inception, yet there are no Christians in the Israeli govt at any important level, and will never be. Why is it obvious and acceptable for them, yet a blemish for us?
Perhaps in time, when any semblance of American national and cultural survival has been legislated and reinterpreted into oblivion and Americans are convinced that they must be lead and dictated to only by those not infected with americanism or any focus or priority to American cultural survival.

edit on 8-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
As much as I like a good conspiracy, I think this one boils down to voter demographics.

The only religion modern politicians follow is the religion of politics and campaign financing. They choose their "faith" with regards to how many votes it is likely to swing in their direction.

Remember George W. Bush's well publicized New-Born Christian revelation? Do you really believe this was anything else than a campaign stunt organized by his political team who saw an advantage in gaining the fundamentalist religious vote?

So, my take is, it is just not seen as popular enough.

Believe me, that as soon as a poll shows that a Jewish candidate would have an increased likelihood of being elected, an impressive amount of candidates will come out with declarations of their undying belief of the Hebrew faith.

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Carseller4
Weird how we got a Muslim President before a Jewish one.

Ya a RETARD followed by a Muslim, who would have thunk it?

"Retard"....are you serious? I know liberals love making fun of the less fortunate, SOP.

Bush wanted to kill Muslim terrorists, Obama wants to "understand" them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

AL GORE... tried but there was a MISCOUNT

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, thank you everyone for your replies. I know it seems like such an odd question, but I felt like its a valid one in the least.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It could cause problems, but good point. Problems do to Antisemitic uprising. Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Quick fact: Roosevelt was changed from Rosenfeldt before he ran for office. Anti-Semitism was huge in America at the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I believe you might be mistaken. It appears LBJ was in fact a Marano Jew.

Lyndon Johnson’s maternal ancestors, the Huffmans, apparently migrated to Frederick, Maryland from Germany sometime in the mid-eighteenth century. Later they moved to Bourbon, Kentucky and eventually settled in Texas in the mid-to-late nineteenth century.10

According to Jewish law, if a person’s mother is Jewish, then that person is automatically Jewish, regardless of the father’s ethnicity or religion. The facts indicate that both of Lyndon Johnson’s great-grandparents, on the maternal side, were Jewish. These were the grandparents of Lyndon’s mother, Rebecca Baines.11 Their names were John S. Huffman and Mary Elizabeth Perrin.12 John Huffman’s mother was Suzanne Ament, a common Jewish name. Perrin is also a common Jewish name.

Huffman and Perrin had a daughter, Ruth Ament Huffman,13 who married Joseph Baines14 and together they had a daughter, Rebekah Baines,15 Lyndon Johnson’s mother. The line of Jewish mothers can be traced back three generations in Lyndon Johnson’s family tree. There is little doubt that he was Jewish.

To recap, the following is Lyndon Johnson’s maternal family tree:

* Mother: Rebekah Baines (married Sam Johnson, Lyndon’s father)
* Maternal grandparents: Ruth Ament Huffman and Joseph Baines
* Maternal great-grandparents (parents of Ruth Huffman): Mary Elizabeth Perrin and John S. Huffman, III
o Maternal great-great grandparents (parents of Mary Perrin): Dicea Kerby and William Perrin16 (Footnote 20)
o Maternal great-great grandparents (parents of John Huffman, III): Suzanne Ament and John S. Huffman, II17
o Maternal great-great-great grandparents (parents of John Huffman, II): Cathrine Lyter and John Huffman18

www.jfkmontreal.com...

Maranos Jew

www.jewishencyclopedia.com...

Seems he has always been concerned with the Jewish struggle.

A few weeks ago, the Associated Press reported that newly released tapes from President Lyndon Johnson's White House office showed LBJ's "personal and often emotional connection to Israel." The news agency pointed out that during the Johnson presidency, from 1963 to 1969, "the United States became Israel's chief diplomatic ally and primary arms supplier."

But the news report does little to reveal the full historical extent of Johnson's actions on behalf of the Jewish people and the State of Israel. Most students of the Arab-Israeli conflict can identify Johnson as the president during the 1967 war. But few know about LBJ's actions to rescue hundreds of endangered Jews during the Holocaust — actions that could have thrown him out of Congress and into jail. Indeed, the title of "Righteous Gentile" is certainly appropriate in the case of the Texan, whose centennial year is being commemorated this year.

Appropriately enough, the annual Jerusalem Conference announced recently that it will honor Johnson in February 2009.

Historians have revealed that Johnson, while serving as a young congressman in 1938 and 1939, arranged for visas to be supplied to Jews in Warsaw, and oversaw the apparently illegal immigration of hundreds of Jews through the port of Galveston, Texas.

A key resource for uncovering LBJ's pro-Jewish activity is the unpublished 1989 doctoral thesis by University of Texas student Louis Gomolak, "Prologue: LBJ's Foreign Affairs Background, 1908-1948." Johnson's activities were confirmed by other historians in interviews with his wife, family members and political associates.

www.jweekly.com...

edit on 8-3-2011 by All Seeing Eye because: Edit to add.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Perhaps Americas best and most succinct epitaph will be
"A country which couldnt serve two masters equally, and the only one that ever tried it"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Religion should not have any place in government....they should both be seperate entities and religion should not influence any decision made by the president. Other wise we may as well go back to the Roman Catholic Inquisition and Crusades!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
Title says it all.Is there something out there that forbids Jews from becoming a president? Just think its kinda strange. Maybe there's a higher power keeping them out of the presidency.

I think there was a deal.

What put Nazi scientists in America with nothing but a gum wrapper.
Was it rockets or jets or atomic science.
None of the above.
Something even more powerful.
It's the difference between WINNING or LOOSING.

I don't know all about that deal but people should know about it.
Each side thinks they are Winning if anything went down.

Spot a winner and ask, perhaps they will let us know.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thats a good question. Maybe not many ran for president. A lot of people here argue Americans wouldnt elect one, however they elected jewish senators, congressmen etc. I read somewhere that despite being only 2% of the population they appoint for 20% of congressmembers, or something on the line of that.

Maybe no Jew with a real shot at the presidency ran so far.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There was Barry Goldwater.
some related info

Barry was a 'system' man and so was LBJ.
If you do not know what 'the system' is find out and tell me.

In any case Barry was too military perhaps and LBJ had to be way
past his ears in 'the system' surviving the gunning down of Kennedy.

The system is at work on my favorite topic turning Tesla loonier than Einstein
and making everyone think nothing of Tesla is valid like his gravity theories
and airships we have to say are from outer space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join